5762 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Franchise FC » 19 Dec 2018 07:01

BR0B0T
Franchise FC
BR0B0T
If you're referring to Chelsea, yep that's a brainfart. Had already discounted them for the two league wins and then was thinking about cups.

Basically for as shit as they've been to watch under JM he actually has a decent win ratio (second to Fergie) and has done pretty much as well/badly as the teams surrounding them

Actually it was the word City

sorry was in my own head that whole post

I meant pre 2012 City MAY have been better to just offer Fergie £500 million personal cash to come and manage them i.e. his expertise would have been more valuable than spunking money on galacticos

Now, imagine you're in a pub and just heard a bloke say this....you're slightly too pissed to be bothered to pull him up on the actual facts so you let it lie, pretend to agree with him and get on with boozing!

Merry Xmas!

Point taken :D
Merry Christmas

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Dec 2018 07:51

Royality creeps In I'm sorry but who really cares.

Personally Im more concerned about the fact, that since Maureen has gone we have less chance of a result in January.

I couldn't give a flying one about some team in the North West that has absolutely no affiliation with Reading FC.

So why are you reading the Man U thread if you don’t care / not interested? Care or not, support them or not. The biggest* club in the country sacking their manager is kinda big news, news that people might want to talk about. If you don’t, then well, you know... don’t click here :|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 08:05

Royality creeps In I'm sorry but who really cares.

Personally Im more concerned about the fact, that since Maureen has gone we have less chance of a result in January.

I couldn't give a flying one about some team in the North West that has absolutely no affiliation with Reading FC.

Great late contender for "Shittest Post of the Year" 2018.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Dec 2018 08:58

Solskjaer gets it for the remainder of the season

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 09:01

Winston Biscuit Solskjaer gets it for the remainder of the season

Really poor decision for me. They needed a guy in there who would get the best out of Pogba, Martial and Sanchez, don't think that is OGS.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Dec 2018 09:05

Old Man Andrews

Really poor decision for me. They needed a guy in there who would get the best out of Pogba, Martial and Sanchez, don't think that is OGS.

I have no idea what he will be like with those kid of players as I have no personal experience of what his man management skillz are like and I haven't been on the training ground with him so don't know how he operates there

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 09:08

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews

I have no idea what he will be like with those kid of players as I have no personal experience of what his man management skillz are like and I haven't been on the training ground with him so don't know how he operates there

They come across as the type of players who need a bit of love and support and who need to feel special. Wenger would have instantly had their respect and there is already the obvious relationship with Sanchez and the French connection with Martial and Pogba. He would have been a better short term choice but as mentioned somewhere else in here perhaps he wouldn't want a short term arrangement. United are also going for someone who is the complete opposite of Mourinho which OGS certainly comes across as being.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 19 Dec 2018 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Dec 2018 09:14

The Norway option seems a sensible pragmatic approach at this time

(Wrong thread?) ;)
Last edited by Uke on 19 Dec 2018 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Dec 2018 09:15

Surely there's no way that Wenger was going to go into United as an interim manager.

OGS is an interesting appointment though. He should be a unifying figure in the short term and is a pretty experienced (and relatively successful) coach/manager and he's worked on the coaching staff at United before.

He's a pretty safe pair of hands to see them through what is largely a dead six months.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Dec 2018 09:37

With the next international break not until March surely they could've give it Giggs til the end of the season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Dec 2018 10:00

Old Man Andrews

Making it a fantastic decision! A failed manager who has one season in English football and one relegation on his CV :lol: !

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Dec 2018 10:21

Hoop Blah Surely there's no way that Wenger was going to go into United as an interim manager.

OGS is an interesting appointment though. He should be a unifying figure in the short term and is a pretty experienced (and relatively successful) coach/manager and he's worked on the coaching staff at United before.

He's a pretty safe pair of hands to see them through what is largely a dead six months.

I'm surprised you can call a bloke who got Cardiff relegated, spent a record amount the following summer and got sacked when they were 17th in the Championship as a "safe pair of hands" for one of the biggest football clubs on the planet

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Dec 2018 10:56

genome
Hoop Blah Surely there's no way that Wenger was going to go into United as an interim manager.

I'm surprised you can call a bloke who got Cardiff relegated, spent a record amount the following summer and got sacked when they were 17th in the Championship as a "safe pair of hands" for one of the biggest football clubs on the planet

Horses for courses. Managing a basket case club like Cardiff at the time (Vincent Tan/Malkay Mackay times of course) isn't really a guide to handling United, albeit at a time when they're not the most stable or well oiled machine. Conversely he has a 55% win rate at Molde and took them to back to back titles in his first spell (I think they'd nearly got relegated the season before he took over).

He's safe in that he knows the club inside out, will have a certain amount of backing as a recent club legend, and has had some decent success as a manager (unlike Giggs or Carrick).

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 11:01

Hoop Blah
genome

Horses for courses. Managing a basket case club like Cardiff at the time (Vincent Tan/Malkay Mackay times of course) isn't really a guide to handling United, albeit at a time when they're not the most stable or well oiled machine. Conversely he has a 55% win rate at Molde and took them to back to back titles in his first spell (I think they'd nearly got relegated the season before he took over).

He's safe in that he knows the club inside out, will have a certain amount of backing as a recent club legend, and has had some decent success as a manager (unlike Giggs or Carrick).

A basket case club that got promoted to the Premier League under Vincent Tan's ownership? He is the wrong choice and not strong enough to manage the characters in that United dressing room.Really not sure why you have such a hard on for OGS.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Dec 2018 11:08

Hoop Blah
genome

Comparatively speaking Man Utd are a basket case right now as well. It's a dressing room full of egos that have no real connection to the club (unlike the squad Ole was a part of back in the day) apart from Rashford and Lingard. Ole, by some accounts from Cardiff fans, was utterly useless.

Also I don't think a 55% win rate in the Norwegian Premier League should have any bearing on managing a club like Manchester United.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 19 Dec 2018 11:55

OGS is basically sign that "no-one we want is available, and he'll be easily moved on in the summer" right?

He is not being put in place because of one relegation and 2 seasons in Molde. Think it through.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Dec 2018 12:17

stealthpapes OGS is basically sign that "no-one we want is available, and he'll be easily moved on in the summer" right?

He is not being put in place because of one relegation and 2 seasons in Molde. Think it through.

Yeah we know that, but what do they do if United get even worse?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 19 Dec 2018 12:30

I think they've made a not-irrational assumption that there will be a small boost in form, part as expected from any managerial change and part as mourinho was properly poisonous this season, but also don't expect OGS to run the ship in the long term.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Dec 2018 14:03

There is absolutely no question that Manchester United will win on Saturday. Solskjaer returning to the scene of the crime, the old manager gone and players given the freedom to play, Pogba back with a point to prove. The list is endless.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 14:12

John Smith There is absolutely no question that Manchester United will win on Saturday. Solskjaer returning to the scene of the crime, the old manager gone and players given the freedom to play, Pogba back with a point to prove. The list is endless.

That and they are playing Cardiff.

5762 posts