We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5762 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by BR0B0T » 18 Mar 2019 11:20

Hoop Blah
LWJ
Victor Meldrew Champions League, neither of which Man Utd have an earthly of winning

Your anti United stance is getting so so tiresome. It's almost like Kes and his constant shite.

No one gave them a chance in Paris, and look what happened there.

I always read it as largely tongue-in-cheek tbf.

i mostly do (default HNA position tbf) but there's also a fair bit of bitterness in some of the posts

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Mar 2019 12:48

BR0B0T
Hoop Blah
LWJ Your anti United stance is getting so so tiresome. It's almost like Kes and his constant shite.

No one gave them a chance in Paris, and look what happened there.

i mostly do (default HNA position tbf) but there's also a fair bit of bitterness in some of the posts

Overused word "banter" applies here.
Tit-for-tat between those with a strong interest in both Liverpool and Man Utd, the two biggest clubs in English football.

At the moment my opinion is that Man Utd are not very good (an opinion backed up by Man Utd's regular poster Brobot) whereas Liverpool are doing rather well and are a long way ahead of the rest apart from Man City.

Regrettably things can change. :wink:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Mar 2019 13:14

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T
Hoop Blah

Overused word "banter" applies here.
Tit-for-tat between those with a strong interest in both Liverpool and Man Utd, the two biggest clubs in English football.

At the moment my opinion is that Man Utd are not very good (an opinion backed up by Man Utd's regular poster Brobot) whereas Liverpool are doing rather well and are a long way ahead of the rest apart from Man City.

Regrettably things can change. :wink:

If we do meatup in the semi...it's prolly going to fcuk the league up for both teams

Would be the biggest game between us in decades

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Mar 2019 14:48

BR0B0T If we do meatup in the semi...it's prolly going to fcuk the league up for both teams

Reading aren't in the FA Cup anymore. You are aware this is a Reading FC forum aren't you? Because it would be really weird if you were a Manchester United fan who comes onto a Reading fan's forum all the time and posts...

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 18 Mar 2019 20:20

John Smith
BR0B0T If we do meatup in the semi...it's prolly going to fcuk the league up for both teams

Reading aren't in the FA Cup anymore. You are aware this is a Reading FC forum aren't you? Because it would be really weird if you were a Manchester United fan who comes onto a Reading fan's forum all the time and posts...

I support forest green rovers and have a season ticket and also support blackburn because I am disillusioned with reading fc and because as a youngster I remember watching shearer and supporting him so I like Blackburn.

There's nothing wrong with me posting on here. People are allowed to support other teams Jonathan.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Mar 2019 20:40

John Smith

Try and avoid the football chat on here tbh.

There's an awful lot of it on the Team board (always banging on about it) so tend to hang out in AE

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2019 20:41

TBF there's quite a lot wrong with you posting on here, but it's got nothing to do with who you support.

:wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Mar 2019 09:06

OGS appointed on a 3 year deal.

If he gets a big budget in the summer I can see them being right up there next season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Mar 2019 09:57

Old Man Andrews OGS appointed on a 3 year deal.

If he gets a big budget in the summer I can see them being right up there next season.

right click save

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Mar 2019 10:11

Not sure I can agree with that yet. He has done well by

a) not being Mourinho
b) being a nice guy
c) not being the permanent boss - so players are more relaxed

Now that c has changed it will be interesting to see if results continue. He will certainly get more time than most there because of who he is.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Mar 2019 10:56

Stranded

a) not being Mourinho
b) being a nice guy

Now that c has changed it will be interesting to see if results continue. He will certainly get more time than most there because of who he is.

He seems to have done o.k. so far and will help them to achieve their ambition of a Europa League place.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Mar 2019 11:00

Victor Meldrew
Stranded

a) not being Mourinho
b) being a nice guy

He seems to have done o.k. so far and will help them to achieve their ambition of a Europa League place.

Seems to have done ok... :roll:

United have taken more points than any other Premier League team since he assumed control.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Mar 2019 11:10

It amazes me that people can even question the job he has done at United. They would be in 6th place in the league without him clinging on to a Europa league spot and going nowhere. If you want to see the impact OGS has had then watch the 2nd leg against PSG, those players were running through brick walls for him. When you have a huge group of talented players like United do sometimes all you need is a manager who can motivate them and OGS is clearly a master at getting the best from them. Tactically he won't be the best just yet but sometimes all you need is to inspire the players as a coach and he clearly is doing that.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 28 Mar 2019 12:13

The only reason he got the gig is cos Fergie is lurking in the background.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Mar 2019 20:39

Victor Meldrew
Stranded

a) not being Mourinho
b) being a nice guy

Good thing Liverpool are living up to their expectations of them being massive bottle jobs isn't it?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Mar 2019 20:40

Old Man Andrews It amazes me that people can even question the job he has done at United. They would be in 6th place in the league without him clinging on to a Europa league spot and going nowhere. If you want to see the impact OGS has had then watch the 2nd leg against PSG, those players were running through brick walls for him. When you have a huge group of talented players like United do sometimes all you need is a manager who can motivate them and OGS is clearly a master at getting the best from them. Tactically he won't be the best just yet but sometimes all you need is to inspire the players as a coach and he clearly is doing that.

No need to explain it. We all know Vic is massively lacking in any form of real football knowledge

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 28 Mar 2019 21:52

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews It amazes me that people can even question the job he has done at United. They would be in 6th place in the league without him clinging on to a Europa league spot and going nowhere. If you want to see the impact OGS has had then watch the 2nd leg against PSG, those players were running through brick walls for him. When you have a huge group of talented players like United do sometimes all you need is a manager who can motivate them and OGS is clearly a master at getting the best from them. Tactically he won't be the best just yet but sometimes all you need is to inspire the players as a coach and he clearly is doing that.

No need to explain it. We all know Vic is massively lacking in any form of real football knowledge

he even thinks people played football before 1992!!!

bless him!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 Mar 2019 08:51

The Enfield Royal71

You've reverted to type then.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 29 Mar 2019 09:43

Sanguine
The Enfield Royal71

You've reverted to type then.

:roll:

Not really.... there's no "type". it was tongue in cheek. Vic knows his stuff and we have bantered before about it.

Glad to see you have reverted to "type" though Sangers.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 Mar 2019 09:51

If 'type' is not grasping your strange humour, then yeah, cool.

5762 posts