Portsmouth fc

1559 posts
SHORT AND CURLY

Re: Portsmouth fc

by SHORT AND CURLY » 28 Mar 2014 06:30

bobby1413 Why does everyone (at least 2 people here) detest them so much?

How long have you got and where do you want me to start.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 28 Mar 2014 07:44

Surely not for thinking they were a huge club
Or for spending irresponsibly
Or for not winning a certain game
Or for muggy supporters

... Or else you'd probably detest 90 other clubs too or at least most premier league and failed premier league clubs

see the links and dates on them that I posted just 2 pages back for starters

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Mar 2014 09:08

Because of Reading fans' innate sense of fair play

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Mar 2014 09:20

Or for muggy supporters

... Or else you'd probably detest 90 other clubs too or at least most premier league and failed premier league clubs

For me, it's all to do with spending irresponsibly and then, having been caught out once, trying to pull the same stunt again.

Add to that, we have a pretty shitty record against them and then throw into the mix 30+ years of their fans being a bunch of knuckle dragging retards.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 28 Mar 2014 09:55

Or for muggy supporters

Well...

As a man from Hampshire, Portsmouth is the cancerous arsehole that blights our beautiful county. Full of tattooed simpletons who think they're something special because they live on an island, and that they single handily won every war in the past 500 years because there's a few boats hanging around.

I had the pleasure* of going to university there also. It's not a great place to be. Not a part of the island that I wouldn't say is run down. It's the only time that I've only had any problems being a Reading fan. (Nearly got windmilled a few times outside Fratton station while coming back from a midweek game and walking/running back to my house)

They've barely paid for a thing in the past 20 years. When Mandaric took over, they had some work done on the away end to keep it standing up. That work has still not been paid for as far as I'm aware. The year they won the second tier, they were throwing wages at people like Prosinecki, Merson etc without any thought as to their wages. When they got to the Premier league, they were already riddled with debt. The list of debts is endless as is well publicised.

Fred Dineage. He's a pcunt

The Pcunt with the bell

Steve Claridge. He's a pikey pcunt too.

My idiot sister (The one that no-one speaks to) 'became' a Pompey fan. (After she supported QPR for all my childhood for some reason). She has a fukking massive anchor tattoo on her back apparently. Twat.

There's probably more reasons...

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 28 Mar 2014 10:41

Someone asked why they are detested,now Im not the greatest BHA fan I file them with the deluded but for me this post I read on there sums Portsmouth FC up

"
I wouldn't want to see any clubs wound up for the reasons expressed above, namely the loyal and dedicated fans. But I make an exception in Portsmouth's case.

The fans bought completely into the succession of dodgy owners from Mandaric onward, and whenever anyone in the media (including myself) pointed out that it was all built on sand and bound to end in tears, all we got was abuse and accusations of an anti-Portsmouth agenda. NOT ONE of the self-styled best fans in England wondered whether the fact that every single national paper was asking the same questions might mean they were onto something - despite the fact that everyone in the Portsmouth area seemed to know someone who was owed money by that despicable outfit.

None of the fans demanded answers to the media's questions from Gaydamak, al-Fahim, al-Faraj and the rest. All we got was "You don't know what you're talking about, [fill in name of owner] loves the club, my mate met him in the pub and told me so." Of course, that would have been tricky in the case of al-Faraj, who didn't actually exist.

Okay, they didn't have an Attila, a Paul Samrah, a Lenny Rider to hold them up to scrutiny, just a set of head-in-the-sand cheerleaders. But that doesn't mean I have any sympathy for them. Especially when I remember posters on their local paper website when the fire-sale of players began, asking how this was going to get them back into Europe 'where a club of our size needs to be.' Hilarious, but not as funny as what's happened to them since."

Jinx

by Jinx » 28 Mar 2014 12:01

Also in the late 70's early 80's they used to smash up the town centre at every away game and nearly every pub down the A33 back to their shithole

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 28 Mar 2014 12:01

aLOL FaROFLaj

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 28 Mar 2014 12:13

Not long ago they were playing AC Milan.

Next year they could be playing EasLOLeigh.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 28 Mar 2014 12:52

Looking forward to this thread being merged with the non league thread in a few weeks

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Mar 2014 14:21

What happened at Pompey - and what was totally accepted by their fans by the way - was the epitome of everything that is wrong with football in England today, and with the Premier League in particular; that was bad enough, but then, instead of being liquidated (as they should have been) they were yet again reprieved - giving the green light to other owners with grandiose plans to throw money they haven't got chasing the dream.

It stinks - and Pompey's existence is a daily reminder that it stinks.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Mar 2014 14:29

Generally about the only club below MK Dons in terms of other club's fan's dislike

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Mar 2014 18:33

Chelsea?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Mar 2014 18:51

Sutekh Generally about the only club below MK Dons in terms of other club's fan's dislike

I farking detest MK Dons

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 28 Mar 2014 19:25

bobby1413
Sutekh Generally about the only club below MK Dons in terms of other club's fan's dislike

I farking detest MK Dons

Shirley not more than CheLOLsea

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Mar 2014 19:33

SHORT AND CURLY
bobby1413

I farking detest MK Dons

Shirley not more than CheLOLsea

Yep. More than them, Pompey, and a few others

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Mar 2014 20:35

ankeny Someone asked why they are detested,now Im not the greatest BHA fan I file them with the deluded but for me this post I read on there sums Portsmouth FC up

"
I wouldn't want to see any clubs wound up for the reasons expressed above, namely the loyal and dedicated fans. But I make an exception in Portsmouth's case.

The fans bought completely into the succession of dodgy owners from Mandaric onward, and whenever anyone in the media (including myself) pointed out that it was all built on sand and bound to end in tears, all we got was abuse and accusations of an anti-Portsmouth agenda. NOT ONE of the self-styled best fans in England wondered whether the fact that every single national paper was asking the same questions might mean they were onto something - despite the fact that everyone in the Portsmouth area seemed to know someone who was owed money by that despicable outfit.

None of the fans demanded answers to the media's questions from Gaydamak, al-Fahim, al-Faraj and the rest. All we got was "You don't know what you're talking about, [fill in name of owner] loves the club, my mate met him in the pub and told me so." Of course, that would have been tricky in the case of al-Faraj, who didn't actually exist.

Okay, they didn't have an Attila, a Paul Samrah, a Lenny Rider to hold them up to scrutiny, just a set of head-in-the-sand cheerleaders. But that doesn't mean I have any sympathy for them. Especially when I remember posters on their local paper website when the fire-sale of players began, asking how this was going to get them back into Europe 'where a club of our size needs to be.' Hilarious, but not as funny as what's happened to them since."

This. Remember that twat Carlin who was indignant at us talking about how much of a oxf*rd up the running of Pompey was and saying we'd go bust first because it was us that was badly run?

Deluded Bellends who didn't give a toss that all of their success was built on corruption. I'd happily see them without a club.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Mar 2014 20:41

Can never forgive them for the Fulham debacle!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Mar 2014 20:52

All gods children...all part of the football family

Even their Tat man Westwood bought beers for Southampton fans once

Have a heart :D

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 29 Mar 2014 04:43

He's in about the same amount of debt as the club is, so false presents really