The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by tomrfcurz » 23 Jun 2012 16:56

I know for a fact Gylfi has been given a very good offer by Reading and frankly we are trying everything within our power to get him. Unfortunately we can't compete with sides like Liverpool and Spurs with European football etc etc.

That said, if Gylfi rejoins us here i think it's fair to say he'd go down in history. He could do anything and still be loved by everyone haha!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jun 2012 17:16

I'd love it, love it if he came back.

If nothing else just to stick it down the arrogant scousers' throats. W@nkers.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 23 Jun 2012 18:02

tomrfcurz I know for a fact Gylfi has been given a very good offer by Reading and frankly we are trying everything within our power to get him. Unfortunately we can't compete with sides like Liverpool and Spurs with European football etc etc.

That said, if Gylfi rejoins us here i think it's fair to say he'd go down in history. He could do anything and still be loved by everyone haha!

It would be a bloody massive statement if he chose us.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Jun 2012 18:09

I just don't want him to go to Liverpool. Rodgers could be out of a job before end of season if it all goes pear shaped - where would that leave Gylfi? Spurs don't have a manager yet - a manager will want to bring in his own players - so Gylfi's position there might be a bit tenuous. We, on the other hand, have a set up that he knows, an ambitious new owner who wants European football in the next few years and Gylfi KNOWS we all love him. C'mon Gylfi, do the right thing :wink:

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 23 Jun 2012 18:14

^^^^^this

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jun 2012 18:21

Royal Lady I just don't want him to go to Liverpool. Rodgers could be out of a job before end of season if it all goes pear shaped - where would that leave Gylfi? Spurs don't have a manager yet - a manager will want to bring in his own players - so Gylfi's position there might be a bit tenuous. We, on the other hand, have a set up that he knows, an ambitious new owner who wants European football in the next few years and Gylfi KNOWS we all love him. C'mon Gylfi, do the right thing :wink:

Spurs already have a load of midfield talent as well. I know Modric is likely to be off, but they've still got Van Der Vaart amongts others! Surely Gylfi is not a priority for them?

Liverpool would be an absolute no brainer for him IF there was some managerial stability there, but that's far from certain and is the only thing that might put us ahead what with his Hoffenheim experience.

It's gotta be an outside chance at best. But feck me, I can't believe we're even in the running with the likes of Liverpool and Spurs being touted as interested.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 23 Jun 2012 18:37

According to some new information this could really happen. Gylfi told BR he would join Liverpool last week but something has changed and he is not so sure now. Its a 3 horse race now Liverpool, Reading or Tottenham. Although he has offers from all clubs I doubt its money that is his motivation. The chance to be a part of something special at Reading could be a major pull.

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 23 Jun 2012 18:48

IcelandicStokie According to some new information this could really happen. Gylfi told BR he would join Liverpool last week but something has changed and he is not so sure now. Its a 3 horse race now Liverpool, Reading or Tottenham. Although he has offers from all clubs I doubt its money that is his motivation. The chance to be a part of something special at Reading could be a major pull.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jun 2012 19:02

I might have to start quoting my posts of 2 or 3 weeks ago (generally poo-pood at the time) if this carries on much longer!

themadstad

by themadstad » 23 Jun 2012 19:07

IcelandicStokie do you know what it is that has changed?

I mentioned on here last night how he had been in London since returning from holiday so he's spoken to Spurs and unless people have been to him then he's spoken to others on phone.

We know he's be given until 30th June from Hoffenheim to sort out a move which is now a week away.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 23 Jun 2012 19:18

themadstad IcelandicStokie do you know what it is that has changed?

I mentioned on here last night how he had been in London since returning from holiday so he's spoken to Spurs and unless people have been to him then he's spoken to others on phone.

We know he's be given until 30th June from Hoffenheim to sort out a move which is now a week away.

I dont know honest. His odds on joining Reading have been shortened to 10/1, from 30/1 earlier today on skybet.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 23 Jun 2012 19:20

I don't know whether it is the way Rodgers is being quoted but I get the feeling he is not over keen on taking Gylfi to Liverpool.

Why refer him back to Swansea, they never completed a deal. Why state he "must" look at him now he is manager at Liverpool, why not just make an offer. Managers aren't soft hearted (re Swansea)

Something just strikes me as a bit odd.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 23 Jun 2012 19:25

CholseyRoyal I don't know whether it is the way Rodgers is being quoted but I get the feeling he is not over keen on taking Gylfi to Liverpool.

Why refer him back to Swansea, they never completed a deal. Why state he "must" look at him now he is manager at Liverpool, why not just make an offer. Managers aren't soft hearted (re Swansea)

He wanted them to sign him, sohe could get a few more years prem experience then, if and when he was established as the liverpool manager of the future and not some 6 month wonder, he would go and get him.

just might take on how he may have seen it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Jun 2012 19:31

I said it in January and I'll say it again now.

If this happens I will quite happily let Nicky Hammond spunk down my throat.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jun 2012 19:39

winchester_royal I'd love it, love it if he came back.

and for Hammond to stick it down yours........

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Jun 2012 19:40

maffff
winchester_royal I'd love it, love it if he came back.

and for Hammond to stick it down yours........

Well played.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 23 Jun 2012 19:45

Drew_3
CholseyRoyal I don't know whether it is the way Rodgers is being quoted but I get the feeling he is not over keen on taking Gylfi to Liverpool.

He wanted them to sign him, sohe could get a few more years prem experience then, if and when he was established as the liverpool manager of the future and not some 6 month wonder, he would go and get him.

just might take on how he may have seen it.

Very valid point and may possibly be the reason Gylfi is considering coming to us. It depends also how bitter he feels about us pushing him out.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jun 2012 19:49

IcelandicStokie According to some new information this could really happen. Gylfi told BR he would join Liverpool last week but something has changed and he is not so sure now. Its a 3 horse race now Liverpool, Reading or Tottenham. Although he has offers from all clubs I doubt its money that is his motivation. The chance to be a part of something special at Reading could be a major pull.

This can surely only be the arrival of Spurs on the scene, who are currently a far better outfit than Liverpool. Can't it? Surely a chat with Anton can't be enough to make Gylfi change his mind having previously been going to sign for LIVERPOOL!?

JezD

by JezD » 23 Jun 2012 20:02

if gylfi comes home i'll eat my hat.

i like hats.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 23 Jun 2012 20:05

The Spurs rumour must be bs. I hate it when a club without a manager gets linked with a player. Who actually wants to buy him at Spurs? Surely they wait until the new manager is appointed and ask them?

It is Liverpool or us.

2243 posts