The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
themadstad

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by themadstad » 23 Jun 2012 20:07

Spurs interest I'd imagine is what the new information is.

As for Brendan and his comments regarding Gylfi and Swansea. Maybe that was to appease the Swansea fans after saying he wouldn't leave then leaving.

themadstad

by themadstad » 23 Jun 2012 20:10

Arnie_Pie The Spurs rumour must be bs. I hate it when a club without a manager gets linked with a player. Who actually wants to buy him at Spurs? Surely they wait until the new manager is appointed and ask them?

It is Liverpool or us.

Levy, he's pressing ahead with Vertonghen.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jun 2012 20:14

winchester_royal
maffff
winchester_royal I'd love it, love it if he came back.

If nothing else just to stick it down the arrogant scousers' throats. W@nkers.

and for Hammond to stick it down yours........

Well played.

You will be.

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 23 Jun 2012 20:23

Spurs now 1/3 on SkyBet to sign Gylfi fwiw

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jun 2012 20:26

maffff
You will be.

Hopefully :P

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Jun 2012 21:48

Can't see Tottenham getting him without a manager.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 23 Jun 2012 21:55

winchester_royal
maffff
You will be.

Hopefully :P

Bant-tastic gents. Keep up the good work.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 23 Jun 2012 21:58

Gylfi has a big decision to make soon.

Does he join Liverpool, a famous club with a rich history, but play a bit part in Gerrard's shadow for a season or two; or does he come to Reading on an eye watering contract, eclipsing what we have offered Pavel Pogrebnyak, play every week, and help us realise Anton's vision for the club?

I can't even believe we're in with a chance, but we most certainly are. For the right player we seem more than prepared to compete with a club the size of Liverpool. Of course Liverpool must remain favourites, but if Gylfi wants regular football, on big money, at a club where he has a real connection with, then we do have a chance.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 23 Jun 2012 22:02

Friday's Legacy Gylfi has a big decision to make soon.

Does he join Liverpool, a famous club with a rich history, but play a bit part in Gerrard's shadow for a season or two; or does he come to Reading on an eye watering contract, eclipsing what we have offered Pavel Pogrebnyak, play every week, and help us realise Anton's vision for the club?

I can't even believe we're in with a chance, but we most certainly are. For the right player we seem more than prepared to compete with a club the size of Liverpool. Of course Liverpool must remain favourites, but if Gylfi wants regular football, on big money, at a club where he has a real connection with, then we do have a chance.

Lock the thread now. :D
Where do Spurs stand in this then, skybet is saying something...

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Jun 2012 22:07

When can we expect this to be sorted out?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jun 2012 22:07

The only thing I have to add on top of what FL has said is that we had initially offered to match the contract offer Swansea made. In discussions this week, with McD/Anton, we have increased that and would be willing to pay him more than Pog with bonuses too....... our 'wage cap' appears to be in the region of just over £40k p/w...... We have offered a higher weekly salary than Liverpool.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jun 2012 22:07

LoyalRoyalFan When can we expect this to be sorted out?

end of next week. He's having a weekend with the family first.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Jun 2012 22:09

Keep the information coming lads!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jun 2012 22:14

maffff The only thing I have to add on top of what FL has said is that we had initially offered to match the contract offer Swansea made. In discussions this week, with McD/Anton, we have increased that and would be willing to pay him more than Pog with bonuses too....... our 'wage cap' appears to be in the region of just over £40k p/w...... We have offered a higher weekly salary than Liverpool.

Shut up. It's the hope that will kill us. :(

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 23 Jun 2012 22:17

maffff The only thing I have to add on top of what FL has said is that we had initially offered to match the contract offer Swansea made. In discussions this week, with McD/Anton, we have increased that and would be willing to pay him more than Pog with bonuses too....... our 'wage cap' appears to be in the region of just over £40k p/w...... We have offered a higher weekly salary than Liverpool.

I'm not doubting you, but I find that last line oh so hard to even comprehend.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 23 Jun 2012 22:18

Friday's Legacy Gylfi has a big decision to make soon.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 23 Jun 2012 22:42

All I can say is that Anton is very serious about making us a top ten PL club. We are very lucky to have him as our owner and as a genuine fan. Long may it continue.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jun 2012 22:42

akranes
maffff We have offered a higher weekly salary than Liverpool.

I'm not doubting you, but I find that last line oh so hard to even comprehend.

You and I both mate. This isn't the Reading that I know...... That's not to say he won't go to Liverpool and say "I've been offered this, if you want me match it". It's not as clear cut as all the Liverpool fans seem to think, they are still favourites, by a long way. But SERIOUS intent is there, we've had our eye on him since they day we went up (and nearly had him in the bag in January), and once Rodgers moved on things moved quickly to try to get him in.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Jun 2012 22:47

Arguably Sigurdsson would be a much more important player to Reading than to Liverpool or Spurs, so it's not inconceivable that we could be offering him more per week than them, he obviously wouldn't be going there as one of the higher earners.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 23 Jun 2012 22:55

Hoop Blah Arguably Sigurdsson would be a much more important player to Reading than to Liverpool or Spurs, so it's not inconceivable that we could be offering him more per week than them, he obviously wouldn't be going there as one of the higher earners.

Also he has less than half a season's experience of playing in the Premier League so he may not get that much playing time at Liverpool. Better for him to play for a team like Swansea or us for a couple of years before making the big jump to a top four club. (OK top eight in Liverpool's case)

2243 posts