The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Jun 2012 12:08

ZacNaloen Apparently the genuine translation of the bild report only says they want him

Exactly, and also Gylfi Sigurdsson's dad has been quoted as saying no decision has been made!
You lot really do turn on your own very quickly. :roll:

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 26 Jun 2012 12:08

His dad has just confirmed in Icelandic media that Gylfi is yet to make a decision.

About the Spurs link. Well they have been in touch since friday at least as I posted on here last friday night. Shame many did not believe it.

"IcelandicStokie, 23 Jun 2012 01:37
Gylfi spoke with Liverpool and Reading on Thursday after returning from a holiday in the USA. Had further discussions yesterday. Spurs have entered the fray. Gylfi returned to Iceland tonight with offers. Will be very interesting to follow this in the next few days."

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Jun 2012 12:09

IcelandicStokie His dad has just confirmed in Icelandic media that Gylfi is yet to make a decision.

About the Spurs link. Well they have been in touch since friday at least as I posted on here last friday night. Shame many did not believe it.

Gylfi spoke with Liverpool and Reading on Thursday after returning from a holiday in the USA. Had further discussions yesterday. Spurs have entered the fray. Gylfi returned to Iceland tonight with offers. Will be very interesting to follow this in the next few days."

You are remarkably accurate with all matters pertaining to Icelandic football.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Jun 2012 12:10

IcelandicStokie His dad has just confirmed in Icelandic media that Gylfi is yet to make a decision.

Hold the back page. BigMike, maffff, FL and Co were not bullshitting... :lol: :roll:

Or is Stokie in on it? :twisted: :wink:

stickywhisky

by stickywhisky » 26 Jun 2012 12:11

Come home!!!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Jun 2012 12:15

Dare to Dr£am Hold the back page. BigMike, maffff, FL and Co were not bullshitting... :lol: :roll:

Or is Stokie in on it? :twisted: :wink:

It's all one big conspiraccyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Jun 2012 12:16

Leave this to IcelandicStokie, he'll know before any of us and he has always proven to be accurate.

Therefore the only FACT in this at the moment is that Gylfi will move to Reading, Spurs or Liverpool. He probably has a deadline to make his decision by, but not even he has reached it yet.

Anything else at the moment is BS.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 26 Jun 2012 12:18

The deadline is the 30th, set by hoffenheim

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Jun 2012 12:20

ZacNaloen The deadline is the 30th, set by hoffenheim

4 days and counting...

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 26 Jun 2012 12:21

ZacNaloen Apparently the genuine translation of the bild report only says they want him

I have just been on to the Bild site myself, as I do speak German.

It says "according to our information" or "Bild understands", if you want to use the modern cliche "that Gylfi will sign for Spurs who stepped in at the last moment when it appeared to be between Swansea and Liverpool".

I don't think the article tells us anything that we didn't know. He may of course go to Spurs, and Bild is suggesting that they are favourites but I don't think from this that Bild has the inside track on what decision (if any) Gylfi took over the weekend.

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 26 Jun 2012 12:24

Icelandic Journalist on Twitter

@brynjarerluson: Just listened to the interview with Gylfi's father. He did not talk about Rodgers, he just confirmed that Gylfi will play in England.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 26 Jun 2012 12:29

Gylfis dad: "Gylfi was not eager or overly interested to move from Reading to Germany but the club had to sell him. Gylfi never intended to leave Reading so quickly and he never would have signed the extension if he wasnt happy."

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 26 Jun 2012 12:32

IcelandicStokie Gylfis dad: "Gylfi was not eager or overly interested to move from Reading to Germany but the club had to sell him. Gylfi never intended to leave Reading so quickly and he never would have signed the extension if he wasnt happy."

Is this a recent quote?

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 26 Jun 2012 12:32

Saaaaaaaammmmmm
IcelandicStokie Gylfis dad: "Gylfi was not eager or overly interested to move from Reading to Germany but the club had to sell him. Gylfi never intended to leave Reading so quickly and he never would have signed the extension if he wasnt happy."

Is this a recent quote?

In the interview this morning.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Jun 2012 12:33

Wonderful soundbite for the JM brigade.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jun 2012 12:36

Does this mean that he's bitter and angry at being forced out of the club he loved, and would rather die than come back?

Or does he feel he has unfinished business at the club he loves?

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 26 Jun 2012 12:38

IcelandicStokie
Saaaaaaaammmmmm

Is this a recent quote?

In the interview this morning.

Interesting, could be looked at 2 ways: Gylfi clearly loves the club and may be willing to return/Gylfi is disappointed at the way he was forced to leave and has no intention of coming back

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Jun 2012 12:45

None of the press is currently featuring us. It's all Spurs, Liverpool and Swansea. I'm doubting that we're a serious player in this at all. Hope i'm proven wrong, but i think we may be over-inflating our importance here.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 26 Jun 2012 12:54

Royal Rother I know f/all about Twitter but you don't get to 11,000+ followers if you're full of crap.

How many followers does Justin Bieber have?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jun 2012 12:57

Well, for me, Gylfi's dad's interview puts a whole new slant on it. He's still m8s with McD so there can't be too much bad feeling about Gylfi having to leave last time. They'll know it was Madejski's decision to let him go - not McD's. I'm reading the positives in that piece and thinking there could be a MASSIVE clue in what he's saying....Gylfi wants to come back and finish the job for us! :)

2243 posts