Secret Footballer

398 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Secret Footballer

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2017 15:20

GreaterTorontoRoyal
YateleyRoyal Wha's the second book called? I only thought there was 'I am the Secret Footballer'

The second one is "Tales from the Secret Footballer" - it's alright, but not that great. Focuses more on himself and what he plans to do after he retires, still some insightful stuff on the world of football, like the manager who practiced corners with his team by frisbeeing toast at them in the canteen :lol:

From my calculations I think this is Steve Cotterill. Anyone know for sure?

double d

by double d » 16 Oct 2017 19:21

John Smith
GreaterTorontoRoyal
YateleyRoyal Wha's the second book called? I only thought there was 'I am the Secret Footballer'

The second one is "Tales from the Secret Footballer" - it's alright, but not that great. Focuses more on himself and what he plans to do after he retires, still some insightful stuff on the world of football, like the manager who practiced corners with his team by frisbeeing toast at them in the canteen :lol:

How did you calculate That?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Oct 2017 08:57

double d
John Smith
GreaterTorontoRoyal

Dates. He mentioned that it was a club in turmoil which would make sense if it were Pompey and it was either Cotterill or Appleton. I think he said something like "this manager is still held in high regard" and at the time Appleton was a rookie.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Oct 2017 10:22

double d
John Smith
GreaterTorontoRoyal

Simulation of a complete flight motion requires knowledge not only of initial conditions, but also the dependence of all forces and moments experienced by the toast due to its dynamic motion through the air. The constants relating the linear approximations of these forces and moments to angles, velocities and angular velocities are called aerodynamic coefficients. An approximate flight model requires a minimum of ten coefficients denoted below by the symbol C;

Lift force: F = (Clo + Cla a) Arv2/2

Drag force: D =[Cdo + Cda (a – ao)2] Arv2/2

Rolling moment: L = [CLrr + CLpp] Adrv2/2

Pitching moment: M =[CMo + CMqq + CMaa] Adrv2/2

Spindown moment: N = CNrr Adrv2/2

where F and D are the lift and drag forces; L, M, and N and p, q, and r the roll, pitch and yaw moments and angular velocities , respectively; ao the angle of attack at zero lift; A and d the toast area and shape, respectively; v the speed and r the atmospheric density.

∴Cotterill is the only answer possible

double d

by double d » 17 Oct 2017 10:50

Uke
double d
John Smith From my calculations I think this is Steve Cotterill. Anyone know for sure?

Simulation of a complete flight motion requires knowledge not only of initial conditions, but also the dependence of all forces and moments experienced by the toast due to its dynamic motion through the air. The constants relating the linear approximations of these forces and moments to angles, velocities and angular velocities are called aerodynamic coefficients. An approximate flight model requires a minimum of ten coefficients denoted below by the symbol C;

where F and D are the lift and drag forces; L, M, and N and p, q, and r the roll, pitch and yaw moments and angular velocities , respectively; ao the angle of attack at zero lift; A and d the toast area and shape, respectively; v the speed and r the atmospheric density.

Fcking rofl

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 27 Oct 2017 23:33

Uke
double d
John Smith From my calculations I think this is Steve Cotterill. Anyone know for sure?

POST OF THE CENTURY. </end>

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 02 Nov 2017 11:20

Speaking of managers, in the most recent book he talks about a manager leaving (this would have been Oxford) who had he stayed would have taken them up. I assumed this was Chris Wilder. It was interesting to read given the success he was having at Northampton then and has had with Sheffield United since.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

Secret Footballer

by SWLR » 09 Apr 2018 16:31

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43680519

Thought this has already been outed as Kitson

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Apr 2018 16:54

Well, the Keith Floyd anecdote, if I'm reading it right, puts Kitson firmly out of the picture tbf

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Apr 2018 17:00

Although it also says he was playing as late as 2011, so maybe I'm misunderstanding the suggestion that he was retired when he met Floyd. having said that, why say he was playing as late as 2011 when he played for another 3 years after that?

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 09 Apr 2018 18:39

Just the way he speaks (I know it's not his real voice.) and the words he uses. You can tell it's Kitson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p063d0fy

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 10 Apr 2018 16:44

https://www.facebook.com/readingfc/videos/1626916750689129/

Kitson Interview this year. Go to 17:10, he talks about his return on loan from Stoke and says
'Greame Murty had been completely ostracised by the players'
. This is the only time to my knowledge that anyone has confirmed this and it matches exactly with the story in the book, even using the term 'ostracised'.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Apr 2018 17:48

Apparently Danish radio teased a detail out of Kitson about holidays as a kid with his Dad, who would drive to Denmark to visit their beaches - a story that appears almost word for word per their transcript in TSF.

11.30 from paddington

by 11.30 from paddington » 11 Apr 2018 13:14

It's definitely Kitson, but I imagine that other players may also contribute the occasional story or chapter under the TSF banner.

The Cube

by The Cube » 11 Apr 2018 20:19

11.30 from paddington It's definitely Kitson, but I imagine that other players may also contribute the occasional story or chapter under the TSF banner.

Exactly right. Plus he slips things in like "I started the season at a new club" when he means the same club but one that had had a lot of changes over the summer.

The Danish journalist Youtube piece is excellent investigative work - so nothing like any journalists in England.

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 08 May 2018 15:53

Latest newspaper colum from TSF : https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/the-secret-footballer/ive-been-relegated-from-the-premier-league-my-wages-were-cut-in-half-and-i-couldnt-pay-my-bills-470327.html

I’ve been relegated from the Premier League. It’s the worst feeling in the entire world and it stays with you forever. For many players, the reality is life changing.
It certainly was for me. My wages were cut in half and I couldn’t pay my bills. I had to move clubs. I didn’t want to but I had too. I left a city I loved, a club I loved and team-mates I loved.

I changed that day, I’m not sure if any of the other players did, but I certainly did. Football became a little less important to me and I don’t think that I was ever the same player again.

Without labouring the point I felt directly responsible and it was hard to look those that had lost their jobs in the eye, much less hug them and wish them luck.

Sound very similar to Kitson’s comments in the video interview I posted earlier in the thread.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 10 May 2018 14:08

WestCoast Life Latest newspaper colum from TSF : https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/the-secret-footballer/ive-been-relegated-from-the-premier-league-my-wages-were-cut-in-half-and-i-couldnt-pay-my-bills-470327.html

I’ve been relegated from the Premier League. It’s the worst feeling in the entire world and it stays with you forever. For many players, the reality is life changing.
It certainly was for me. My wages were cut in half and I couldn’t pay my bills. I had to move clubs. I didn’t want to but I had too. I left a city I loved, a club I loved and team-mates I loved.

I changed that day, I’m not sure if any of the other players did, but I certainly did. Football became a little less important to me and I don’t think that I was ever the same player again.

Without labouring the point I felt directly responsible and it was hard to look those that had lost their jobs in the eye, much less hug them and wish them luck.

Sound very similar to Kitson’s comments in the video interview I posted earlier in the thread.

agreed

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 May 2018 08:21

WestCoast Life Latest newspaper colum from TSF : https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/the-secret-footballer/ive-been-relegated-from-the-premier-league-my-wages-were-cut-in-half-and-i-couldnt-pay-my-bills-470327.html

That happened after the first premiership season in my opinion. They stopped being "Reading players" and instead saw themselves as "Premiership footballers".

398 posts