West Haha Ham

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: West Haha Ham

by 6ft Kerplunk » 02 Nov 2016 10:27

Stadium conversion bill now up to £323M.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/nov/01/sadiq-khan-mayor-london-west-ham-stadium-inquiry

Retractable seats original estimate £300,000, now seem to be costing £8,000,000. There's some kind of fraud going on isn't there?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Nov 2016 10:50

6ft Kerplunk Stadium conversion bill now up to £323M.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/nov/01/sadiq-khan-mayor-london-west-ham-stadium-inquiry

Retractable seats original estimate £300,000, now seem to be costing £8,000,000. There's some kind of fraud going on isn't there?

Don't panic, if you take off the £15m that West Ham contributed, their rent will have the rest of it covered in only 125 years.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Oct 2017 21:21

Bilic surely on the brink now - a tame 3-0 home loss to Brighton.

Whilst it's hilarious to see them stutter, I actually feel for the fans a little. I have a couple of West Ham supporting mates who say ever since they moved to the new stadium (which they say is absolutely awful) it's felt like the soul of the club is being drained and they're falling out of love with the club, which I will say is a shame.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Oct 2017 21:41

It's something that we, Brighton, and many of our opponents have had to go through, even Chelski will have it coming to them.

You can knock-down and modernise but you cannot improve.....Wembley being the most pertinent example

I have no sympathy for West Ham........Orient had more rights to their current arena

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2017 21:51

AthleticoSpizz It's something that we, Brighton, and many of our opponents have had to go through, even Chelski will have it coming to them.

You can knock-down and modernise but you cannot improve.....Wembley being the most pertinent example

I have no sympathy for West Ham........Orient had more rights to their current arena

THIS.

West Ham have always had a sense of entitlement, they somehow (crooked?surely not!!!) get the olympic stadium and they're still shit.
And their fans are basically white lower working class racists, who enthusiastically embrace far right politics.

No sympathy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Oct 2017 21:52

AthleticoSpizz It's something that we, Brighton, and many of our opponents have had to go through, even Chelski will have it coming to them.

We've all had purposed built football stadiums though. They lack character a bit and atmosphere at times, but they're not on the level of West Ham's ground. The wrong shape, miles away from the pitch, just doesn't have the right feeling at all.

As a football fan, you empathise, but fcuk it. It's still funny because it's West Ham

On a separate note, apparently it kicked off in the director's box this evening :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Oct 2017 22:04

What pisses me off is the original plan for the Olympic stadium was that it was built to be easily reduced to capacity of 20,000 and maintained as a public asset to benefit the community, all as part of our Great Olympic LOLegacy, But no, it gets given to those claret & blue tossers and converted into a 60,000 seat football stadium, for which it is totally unsuited, all at taxpayers expense.

Fcukig glad West Ham are tanking it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Oct 2017 22:48

Agree, the local residents have gained nothing

And as a public facility...it is not

(cannot blame the wet sham fans too much....lots of them didn't want this loss of identity either)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Oct 2017 13:11

You're right, much as I hate West Ham and their "We won the World Cup, Academy of Football, Saint Trev, Gor Blimey Cockney Sparrah" schtick, not many clubs would turn down the offer that was presented to them and I don't take delight in it specifically being West Ham, It's just symbolic of the failure of the post 2012 Legacy and the failure to fulfil promises by the Organising Committee.

I compare it to what happened in Manchester post the 2000 Commonwealth Games and London should have done things so much better.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Oct 2017 20:18

leon

THIS.

West Ham have always had a sense of entitlement, they somehow (crooked?surely not!!!) get the olympic stadium and they're still shit.
And their fans are basically white lower working class racists, who enthusiastically embrace far right politics.

No sympathy.

Typical Londoners then.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Oct 2017 23:49

Victor Meldrew
leon

THIS.

No sympathy.

Typical Londoners then.

Yeah. Thank god I'm a Berkshire boy and proud.

(And btw I fcuking am)

Marino13

by Marino13 » 24 Oct 2017 11:35

leon

THIS.

No sympathy.

i'm no west ham fan but it's a
bit short sighted of you 2
call all whu fans that

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Oct 2017 19:48

You 2 Kes????

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 25 Oct 2017 15:29

I am actually in the West Ham fan sympathy club. The heart and soul of this famous old football club has ripped apart by two old p*rn barons, who no doubt will either sell up or die in the next ten years. Then what?

Friday night’s game vs Brighton was the most inept home performance in recent Premier League history. West Ham are on the decline and the inevitable is that they’ll be championship fodder, or worse, within two seasons.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Oct 2017 15:48

Clubs rise and fall (Hudds being a good example), West Ham wanted the cheap ready made stadium, they are now suffering the consequences. Meh.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2017 15:54

Marino13
leon

THIS.

No sympathy.

i'm no west ham fan but it's a
bit short sighted of you 2
call all whu fans that

Not all but they have a large unpleasant element. So they can go fcuk themselves.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Oct 2017 16:41

Probably said elsewhere, but the distance from the pitch of the stands is mental. Must be fully 20 yards from the touchline to the stands at the side. More behind the goals.

double d

by double d » 24 Nov 2017 21:13

Soulless club. Hope they go down this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2017 10:35

double d Soulless club. Hope they go down this season.

Ugh then we'd have to reencounter their knuckledragging arrogant fans. No ta.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2017 21:12

Shocking performance tonight, Moyes has a huge job on his hands, and I don't think he is capable. hate the club, always have done, too many mouthy fookers at my old workplace, love to be there now.