Best/Worst Pundit

562 posts
double d

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by double d » 01 Jun 2017 18:39

No Fixed Abode Nope. Nope. There is definitely no media bias towards Liverpool. :lol:

Kes what point are you actually trying to make?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Jun 2017 21:52

Sutekh
genome RIP David Bobin

Recall David covering Reading when he was with TVS/Meridian in the early 90s. RIP.

I can also remember the piss-poor clearly-dubbed-on-later commentary he did for TVS' coverage of the Simod Cup win, not least for calling us "Reading Town Football Club"

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Jun 2017 08:59

double d
No Fixed Abode Nope. Nope. There is definitely no media bias towards Liverpool. :lol:

Liverpool were on TV more than anyone else.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jun 2017 09:43

Thought Tottenham's number would be higher. Seemed like they were on every week.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Jun 2017 09:58

genome Thought Tottenham's number would be higher. Seemed like they were on every week.

You would have thought so. But they aren't quite the media darlings.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 02 Jun 2017 12:40

No Fixed Abode Liverpool were on TV more than anyone else.

So basically they had the same coverage as Chelsea other than the extra game on the last day of the season when there's was a game that still had something riding on it. :|
Guess its all down to how many viewers they'll get for certain teams but the drop off from the top 6 is the interesting* bit.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jun 2017 13:52

Indeed. Liverpool have more fans = higher TV coverage. That's why Leeds always seem to be on way more than other Championship teams.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jun 2017 14:06

No Fixed Abode
double d

Only because their ineptitude against the "also rans" meant that their last game of the season happened to be the key game in the chase for 4th place :shock:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Jun 2017 16:34

genome Indeed. Liverpool have more fans = higher TV coverage. That's why Leeds always seem to be on way more than other Championship teams.

How do you know Liverpool have more fans?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Jun 2017 16:36

Sutekh
No Fixed Abode
double d

Only because their ineptitude against the "also rans" meant that their last game of the season happened to be the key game in the chase for 4th place :shock:

I was perplexed why they chose to show the Liv v Boro game on the last day. A clear home win, when Arsenal were at home to Everton. A game more neutrals would have preferred to watch.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Jun 2017 19:10

No Fixed Abode
Sutekh
No Fixed Abode

I was perplexed why they chose to show the Liv v Boro game on the last day. A clear home win, when Arsenal were at home to Everton. A game more neutrals would have preferred to watch.

the only game with anything riding on it m9

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jun 2017 19:28

"Perplexed"

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Jun 2017 11:10

BR0B0T
No Fixed Abode
Sutekh

No - there was something riding on Arsenal v Everton too.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Jun 2017 17:55

No Fixed Abode
BR0B0T
No Fixed Abode

No - there was something riding on Arsenal v Everton too.

ok to be clearer....everything was riding on the Liverpool result

Arsenal required Liverpool to lose

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Jun 2017 09:42

But given a home win for Liverpool was a definite.......if it hadn't been a slightly higher calibre of team Liverpool were playing on the last day I would say fair enough.

I get that it's also about viewing figures. However, there needs to be a re-jigging of the prize money to negate someone getting more money through TV appearances. I don't think it's correct Spurs finishing 2nd yet getting less money than Liverpool and City.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Jun 2017 12:01

But the TV audiences are higher for their games than for Spurs games because they're better supported, as proven by the number of times you discover another Liverpool fan on here

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Jun 2017 12:15

Silver Fox But the TV audiences are higher for their games than for Spurs games because they're better supported, as proven by the number of times you discover another Liverpool fan on here

Yes they are - which is what I've said. However, there should be increased steps in the prize money to negate the fact that one team is shown more than another.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Jun 2017 12:21

No Fixed Abode But given a home win for Liverpool was a definite.......if it hadn't been a slightly higher calibre of team Liverpool were playing on the last day I would say fair enough.

I get that it's also about viewing figures. However, there needs to be a re-jigging of the prize money to negate someone getting more money through TV appearances. I don't think it's correct Spurs finishing 2nd yet getting less money than Liverpool and City.

Bearing in mind Liverpool's dire record at home to the lesser sides it was far from being a definite-if they had won all of those "definites" they would have been champions rather than just the best when playing the best.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Jun 2017 12:38

Victor Meldrew
No Fixed Abode But given a home win for Liverpool was a definite.......if it hadn't been a slightly higher calibre of team Liverpool were playing on the last day I would say fair enough.

Bearing in mind Liverpool's dire record at home to the lesser sides it was far from being a definite-if they had won all of those "definites" they would have been champions rather than just the best when playing the best.

IF :lol:

"Rather than just best when playing best" - well that's bias - but we know you're a LIverpool fan :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jun 2017 14:25

No Fixed Abode
Victor Meldrew

IF :lol:

"Rather than just best when playing best" - well that's bias - but we know you're a LIverpool fan :lol:

It is factually correct though, Liverpool were the best team out of the top 6 when limited to just the games amongst the top 6.

562 posts