Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by BR0B0T » 13 Aug 2018 10:49

+1 OMA...same old shit, just a female voice

Also they have a production team and various meetings to go over stats etc

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Aug 2018 10:51

It is true. Can't say I've seen loads of blokes climbing over themselves to heap praise on Chris Sutton or Danny Murphy before when they have been on analysis. Pretty sure if you asked Alex Scott she'd want to be treated no differently to anyone else who gives their opinion on football which you are Genome. VERY patronising.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Aug 2018 10:57

Is it possible to praise anyone female in a male-dominated industry without being accused of white-knighting? No wonder this whole thing is a problem. I was just giving praise where I thought praise was due, I would've said the same if it was a new male pundit up against Carra and Souness.

Sounds like the issue here lies with yourself and not me, OMA.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Nov 2018 20:16

Jadon Sancho "will learn from playing with better players like Rooney" according to Jamie Redknapp on Sky before the England-USA game.

Yeah, because he doesn't play with any decent players when he plays for Borussia oxf*rd Dortmund does he, Jamie?
Last edited by sandman on 15 Nov 2018 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Nov 2018 20:19

The whole Rooney thing is a p1ss-take, good intentions? Yes of course, but in reality, we might as well include Pudsey Bear into the matchday squad.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Nov 2018 21:21

sandman Jadon Sancho "will learn from playing with better players like Rooney" according to Jamie Redknapp on Sky before the England - USA game.

Yeah, because he doesn't play with any decent players when he plays for Borussia oxf*rd Dortmund does he, Jamie?

Rooney wouldn't get into the matchday squad at Dortmund.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Nov 2018 17:56

sandman Jadon Sancho "will learn from playing with better players like Rooney" according to Jamie Redknapp on Sky before the England-USA game.

When Kagawa went to Man Utd some moron pundit said he’d have to get used to playing in front of a big crowd.

Orion

by Orion » 18 Nov 2018 19:41

Been in.many stadiums around the world, but that stadium is by far the best. It took my breath away when I walked in.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Feb 2019 14:37

Best commentary ever :lol:

https://twitter.com/simonhfootball/status/1093173000453742592

I want him commentating on English football!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Mar 2019 12:33

The Squad - 5 Live.

A group of educationally sub normal men talk over each other about Manchester Utd and Arsenal.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Mar 2019 17:12

Liam Rosenior, still an arsehole.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2019 17:54

Always seemed amiable in his interviews during his time with us.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Mar 2019 10:24

6 Premier League/WSL titles, 10 domestic cup competitions, the Champions League and 140 caps for England, but Kes doesn't think Alex Scott knows enough about football to be a pundit. Shock.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2019 10:27

Sanguine 6 Premier League/WSL titles, 10 domestic cup competitions, the Champions League and 140 caps for England, but Kes doesn't think Alex Scott knows enough about football to be a pundit. Shock.

It is because she is isn't white Sangers, he has a massive issue with race as has been well documented.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Mar 2019 10:40

Sanguine 6 Premier League/WSL titles, 10 domestic cup competitions, the Champions League and 140 caps for England, but Kes doesn't think Alex Scott knows enough about football to be a pundit. Shock.

Genuine question.
Are there any male pundits/commentators for netball and women's cricket?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Mar 2019 10:43

Victor Meldrew

Genuine question.

For netball, I don't think so, but then let's not be silly enough to suggest equivalence between women's football and men's netball.

On women's cricket - yes. Certainly Sky's coverage of the women's game generally uses the exact same commentary and pundit-ing team. Nick Knight and Rob Key normally front the coverage, and indeed it's Key who hosted the recent 'masterclass' on Sky Sports Cricket with Tammy Beaumont and Anya Shrubsole.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Mar 2019 10:44

Victor Meldrew

Genuine question.

Yes, you will get some of the men's commentators/pundits covering England Women in cricket.

Netball is a bit different, seeing as far as I am aware, there isn't and England men's team.

Edit - as per the comment above. Key is the one of the main ones who does both. His daughter plays for the Kent academy if memory serves me correctly.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Mar 2019 10:52

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

Genuine question.

For netball, I don't think so, but then let's not be silly enough to suggest equivalence between women's football and men's netball.

On women's cricket - yes. Certainly Sky's coverage of the women's game generally uses the exact same commentary and pundit-ing team. Nick Knight and Rob Key normally front the coverage, and indeed it's Key who hosted the recent 'masterclass' on Sky Sports Cricket with Tammy Beaumont and Anya Shrubsole.

So for cricket it is the reserve team rather than the first team of Nasser, Gower, Athers and Botham but for Premier League football Alex is alongside top ex-managers and players.

It takes a bit of getting used to and I have no objection in principle and Alex is as good as or better than some of the old inarticulate pros who may have played at the top level but don't really understand the game.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Mar 2019 10:55

Victor Meldrew
Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

Genuine question.

So for cricket it is the reserve team rather than the first team of Nasser, Gower, Athers and Botham but for Premier League football Alex is alongside top ex-managers and players.

It takes a bit of getting used to and I have no objection in principle and Alex is as good as or better than some of the old inarticulate pros who may have played at the top level but don't really understand the game.

Yet you seem to object, by highlighting that supposed 'level' of the pundits provided to women's cricket vs. Scott's appearance at the World Cup or on Premier League coverage. For what it's worth, both Hussian and Athers have covered women's cricket on Sky too. Gower and Botham only generally appear for home Test series.

562 posts