Delé

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Delé

by Loafer » 13 Jul 2023 10:44

Brogue i think it would be easier to list all the celebs that haven't been fingered by their dad's. always the same old story when things aren't going well.

what do you mean by that 2nd part?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jul 2023 11:09

Just Brogue showing his usual staggering lack of empathy

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 13 Jul 2023 11:24

genome Just Brogue showing his usual staggering lack of empathy

yeah thats what I am reading from it, but want to hear it from the gooses beak

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Jul 2023 12:07

Let’s just say that if he were still playing in the prem, playing for a top team banging in the goals I doubt this story* would have come out

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 13 Jul 2023 12:56

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 13 Jul 2023 12:58

Brogue Let’s just say that if he were still playing in the prem, playing for a top team banging in the goals I doubt this story* would have come out

Perhaps the lifelong trauma caught up with him and he felt like it was the time to share it, so maybe others may feel like they can come forward and get the help they need.

You're clearly a troll but you could at least have some decency. I hope no one in your family ever has to go through something like this, if you're the complete prick that they have to come home to.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Jul 2023 13:00

JedMaxwell
Brogue Let’s just say that if he were still playing in the prem, playing for a top team banging in the goals I doubt this story* would have come out

Perhaps the lifelong trauma caught up with him and he felt like it was the time to share it, so maybe others may feel like they can come forward and get the help they need.

You're clearly a troll but you could at least have some decency. I hope no one in your family ever has to go through something like this, if you're the complete prick that they have to come home to.

Hi Jed, any relation to Robert?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 13 Jul 2023 13:10

JedMaxwell

brogue has no feeling, care or emotion

god forbid one of his children or his mrs ever had a serious issue (say gets bullied at school, or a reletive dies, or a bad terminal illness)

he'll just tell them to man up and get over it and its all in their heads :| :roll:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jul 2023 14:12

Not defending brogue's attitude towards this in any way and I am bemused by his attitude towards mental health in general, but one of his kids does have a serious, life affecting issue. Dealing with that 24/7, especially given the amount of (or lack of) support out there, I can understand his mindset.

I think it's easy for someone like Ali to mask this sort of shit when things are going well but when they aren't, I can see how people spiral into a cycle of self doubt and lack of self worth.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 13 Jul 2023 14:33

From Despair To Where? Not defending brogue's attitude towards this in any way and I am bemused by his attitude towards mental health in general, but one of his kids does have a serious, life affecting issue. Dealing with that 24/7, especially given the amount of (or lack of) support out there, I can understand his mindset.

I think it's easy for someone like Ali to mask this sort of shit when things are going well but when they aren't, I can see how people spiral into a cycle of self doubt and lack of self worth.

Regarding the former, I did not know that. Every time I have seen Brogue make comments on here he just appears to be trolling and I don't know anything about users away from the forum. That is obviously shit and maybe influences his overall behaviour.

On the latter, you've hit the nail on the head. I hope this helps Dele move forward in his life and be happy. Everything else will then follow.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 13 Jul 2023 14:42

From Despair To Where? Not defending brogue's attitude towards this in any way and I am bemused by his attitude towards mental health in general, but one of his kids does have a serious, life affecting issue. Dealing with that 24/7, especially given the amount of (or lack of) support out there, I can understand his mindset.

But mental health issues and demons never go away

Look at Gary speed, literally zero indicator ever of anything wrong and he was on TV the day before

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 13 Jul 2023 15:38

I would like him back at MK, but his career reminds me a bit like Freddy Adu.. much Adu about diddly squat !

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jul 2023 15:53

Loafer

But mental health issues and demons never go away

Look at Gary speed, literally zero indicator ever of anything wrong and he was on TV the day before

I'm just saying that if you have a challenging circumstance and there's inadequate support out there, sometimes your only option is to "man up" and get on with it and it's easy to transfer that attitude to others' circumstances. You mention Gary Speed. I would bet that he grew up in a culture where mental health wasn't discussed or was seen as a weakness. That's makes it more difficult to seek help. In those circumstances it takes a lot of mental strength to speak out.

Not condoning, just trying to explain and understand.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jul 2023 16:18

fartdad I would like him back at MK, but his career reminds me a bit like Freddy Adu.. much Adu about diddly squat !

Dele had more goals and assists by 23 than Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard
Freddy Adu did nothing

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 13 Jul 2023 17:53

Pretty sure you'd never have heard from Dele if his form & lifestyle wasn't continually questioned every 5 minutes. Dean Saunders on TalkShi!te was lambasting his attitude on air only last week. Maybe now its all out there, we might see him returning to something like his old self.