Promotion/Relegation thread 2017/18

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
double d

Promotion/Relegation thread 2017/18

by double d » 30 May 2017 13:27

Never too early for some predictions and early season accumulators and guesses.

My predictions for League winners/promotion are:

Championship -
I think Norwich will win if they get their sh1t together and go up and possibly Villa aswell for 2nd place (if they can sort themselves out too). If they can keep the majority of their players I think Hull will be a strong force to reckon with. Reading will finish 6th/7th on the last day of the season. Sunderland will finish about 15th.

Relation will include Burton :( (I like them) and Bristol City (with no Tammy Abraham they will be screwed) and I pray to the gods above that QPR/Cardiff are dragged down aswell.

League 1 - Fleetwood league winners. AFC Wimbledon promotion, along with Peteborough in the playoffs (they are due to yo-yo back up and then back down again).

Relegation will be Bury, Blackpool, Doncaster and Shrewsbury.

League 2 - FGR League winners. Luton to go up aswell, along with Wycombe and Exeter.

Coventry will get relegated with Newport Country/Crawley.

National League - Tranmere and Dag and Red to go up.

As for the Prem, I hope that Liverpool sort themselves (ie defence) out and can win it this year with ArsenaLOL not making the top 8 after keeping Wenger for another season (actually just been confirmed to two years now!)

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Promotion/Relegation thread 2017/18

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Jun 2017 13:22

Championship -
Promoted: Aston Villa, Reading, Fulham

Relegated: Bolton, Burton, QPR

League 1 -
Promoted: Wigan, Bradford, Wimbledon

Relegated: Bury, Shrewsbury, Doncaster, Charlton

League 2 -
Promoted: Carlisle, Port Vale, Luton, Wycombe

Relegated: Cheltenham, Morecambe

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 04 Jun 2017 16:12

double d League 1 - Fleetwood league winners. AFC Wimbledon promotion, along with Peteborough in the playoffs (they are due to yo-yo back up and then back down again).

Royal_jimmy League 1 -
Promoted: Wigan, Bradford, Wimbledon

Why Wimbledon? They are a poorly-supported/underfunded club, who had a very ordinary team last year, and will probably have to devote some of their budget to their new stadium.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Jun 2017 17:00

tmesis Why Wimbledon? They are a poorly-supported/underfunded club, who had a very ordinary team last year, and will probably have to devote some of their budget to their new stadium.

Have to disagree with that bit there, although I'd be surprised if they got promoted.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 06 Jun 2017 17:53

John Smith
tmesis Why Wimbledon? They are a poorly-supported/underfunded club, who had a very ordinary team last year, and will probably have to devote some of their budget to their new stadium.

Have to disagree with that bit there, although I'd be surprised if they got promoted.

At the moment, with ground limitations, they pull in 4500, which is far lower than the League One average, and that will hugely impact their budget.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jun 2017 09:22

tmesis
John Smith

At the moment, with ground limitations, they pull in 4500, which is far lower than the League One average, and that will hugely impact their budget.

Yes but when they go away they take quite good numbers and the support is very loyal. If they had a ground as big as Orient they'd probably double their attendance.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 Jun 2017 09:33

As the best team not to depart the Championship last season everyone will be gunning for Reading next season. People will take us more seriously and they will have some kind of plan in place to stop us from playing our game. Because of that we will need to be better next season just to match our achievements of this season.

I think Stam is a good manager and I think the team will improve significantly by the time the new season comes around. They will work on their shape and system over the summer and will become even better at playing our game. Stam will add a number of new players that will take the team on to the next level. My prediction is that Reading will win the league with 94 points.

1st Reading
2nd Boro
Promoted via the play offs: Cardiff City

Relegated three will be:
Fulham (If Slav goes and they have upheaval over the summer)
Bristol City (Abraham is irreplaceable for City)
Nottingham Forest (They've been flirting with the drop for a while. Next season they succumb)

League One Winners: Bradford City
Runners Up: Scunthorpe
Play offs: Oxford United

double d

by double d » 07 Jun 2017 10:01

Top Flight As the best team not to depart the Championship last season everyone will be gunning for Reading next season. People will take us more seriously and they will have some kind of plan in place to stop us from playing our game. Because of that we will need to be better next season just to match our achievements of this season.

I think Stam is a good manager and I think the team will improve significantly by the time the new season comes around. They will work on their shape and system over the summer and will become even better at playing our game. Stam will add a number of new players that will take the team on to the next level. My prediction is that Reading will win the league with 94 points.

1st Reading
2nd Boro

Relegated three will be:
Nottingham Forest (They've been flirting with the drop for a while. Next season they succumb)

I'm sorry what? Reading first? Csrdiff play offs :shock:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 Jun 2017 10:20

double d
Top Flight As the best team not to depart the Championship last season everyone will be gunning for Reading next season. People will take us more seriously and they will have some kind of plan in place to stop us from playing our game. Because of that we will need to be better next season just to match our achievements of this season.

1st Reading
2nd Boro

Relegated three will be:

I'm sorry what? Reading first? Csrdiff play offs :shock:

Yes. Damn right. If we stay on our current trajectory of improvements we will win the league next season. We only need to add another 10 points and we are champions. As for Cardiff, Warnock is a manager that improves teams. I believe they will improve enough to be play off contenders next season. Teams can come out of nowhere in the Championship. If any manager can take a team from nowhere to glory it is Warnock. By the end of the summer Cardiff will be a top 6 championship side. Birmingham is another team under Harry that could also make such a leap in fortunes.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 10:31

Can only predict the Championship and perhaps the Premier league as I have next to no knowledge of the lower divisions.

Premier league
Champions - Arsenal (it has to happen some time right? So I'm going to keep tipping them till they win)
Relegated - Huddersfield, Brighton, Palace
Championship
Champions - Reading (because it's nice to have a dream)
Runner up - Hull
Playoffs - Norwich
Fulham, Wednesday & Brentford to take the other places.
Derby in 7th..
Relegated - Burton, Millwall and Barnsley.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jun 2017 14:04

I think Derby County might do it this year. The squad is great on paper and they've just made another good signing in Curtis Davies. We know how good Gary Rowett can be so I think after a few months settling in towards the end of last season he can push on next.

4/1 to go up as well, doubled up with Blackburn gives 14/1. Worth a tenner of anyone's money

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1