Weekend Football

5548 posts
Marino13

Re: Weekend Football

by Marino13 » 30 Oct 2017 10:44

leon Fcuk me David Unsworth, is he on the Steve Bruce diet?

joey barton has had a dig
at unsworth today about his
weight.

now jim white is asking, should
weight matter if you're a manager

personally i think it doesn't
other than personal health
reasons, as long as it doesn't affect
his job.

i would be more concerned if a fitness
coach was unsworths size.

double d

by double d » 30 Oct 2017 10:53

You haiku is off beat mate.

Marino13

by Marino13 » 06 Nov 2017 09:59

interested to know people's thoughts
on arsene wengers comments after
the manchester city game yesterday.

personally i thought it was a penalty, sterling went over
a little easily but enough contact to warrant one.

but as for the offside decision, that was terrible.
arsenal hadn't long got back into the game
at 2-1.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 06 Nov 2017 10:58

What I liked about the off-side was the co-commentator (Smith?) still not agreeing that it was off-side even after they drew a handy line across the screen for him.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Nov 2017 11:29

Long way to go of course, but it's been good to see the promoted sides have steady starts - currently 8th, 9th and 11th in the table.

Marino13

by Marino13 » 06 Nov 2017 11:32

6ft Kerplunk What I liked about the off-side was the co-commentator (Smith?) still not agreeing that it was off-side even after they drew a handy line across the screen for him.

yes. i heard him say something like
monreal was keeping him onside.
much to my bemusement. it was clearly
offside even before they put the handy line
across.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 06 Nov 2017 12:24

I would have thought Kes would have something to say after the Chelsea game but maybe he is no longer a fan.
I thought Chelsea played really well and if Bakayoko could shoot it might have been a 4-0 rather than just a 1-0 thrashing.
Lol @t Mourinho not blaming injuries because he doesn't do that sort of thing.......and then keeping on about the players who were missing.

The stats shown of his team's performance record against top 6 clubs during last season and this were truly amazing and probably worse than some of the clubs in the lower reaches.
The myth about Mourinho being able to get a result when it matters has been well and truly exposed.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Nov 2017 22:06

That double save by Gómez today bloody brilliant

Made all the more beautiful by the way he then caught the 3rd/pass, :lol:

Watford looked very good, but god knows how West Ham didn't score. Oh well!! :D

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Nov 2017 22:09

Anyone seen an image Arnautovic's busted wrist? Must have been bad for it to not be shown

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Dec 2017 12:38

A few observations:

Lukaku is completely out of place and has been massively over-rated.

Wilshere is still the best English midfield player since Gazza. How he is not starting for Arsenal I’ll never know. Almost every time he picks the ball up he drives forward beating players and creating space for others, and he sees passes no other English player does. He is the only English player who has ever reminded me of Messi. (Ok, that’s probably enough now.)

Guardiola really has done a great job with Sterling this season. He looks a proper player again.

Klopp just keeps on confirming for me that he is a bellend.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Dec 2017 13:51

Palace have surprised me. Really climbed the table and getting some great results.

I said Hodgson was a terrible appointment and thought they were doomed but he's proved me wrong.

Also what's with the booing at the final whistle after a loss. I've noticed it at lots of grounds now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Dec 2017 18:31

bobby1413 Palace have surprised me. Really climbed the table and getting some great results.

I said Hodgson was a terrible appointment and thought they were doomed but he's proved me wrong.

Also what's with the booing at the final whistle after a loss. I've noticed it at lots of grounds now.

Hodgson is a great manager.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Dec 2017 21:33

Snowflake Royal
bobby1413 Palace have surprised me. Really climbed the table and getting some great results.

Hodgson is a great manager.

^^ That
Their results haven't surprised me a bit

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 21 Dec 2017 11:24

Royal Rother Guardiola really has done a great job with Sterling this season. He looks a proper player again.

Agreed to some extent - he still doesn't half miss some sitters though. A slight exaggeration, but he could/should have had a hat-trick (or more) in pretty much every game I've seen him play this season, and has often ended up with 1, or not scoring at all.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Dec 2017 14:00

Royal Rother

Wilshere is still the best English midfield player since Gazza. How he is not starting for Arsenal I’ll never know.

disagree (not surprisingly). Dele Alli is streets better for a start.

Klopp just keeps on confirming for me that he is a bellend.

disagree again. He is the only reason I watch Liverpool, very endearing bloke. If they sack him, I hope they go down/finish below Everton

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Dec 2017 15:37

Both Klopp and Alli are dickheads.

One’s a creepy fcuker who wears women’s glasses, and the other is a spiteful w4nker with a massive chip on his shoulder who has been found out this season.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Dec 2017 18:25

Alli is a young player who's having a pretty typical, but perhaps overdue, dip in form that most players hit at some point, especially early in their careers.

He does appear to be a bit of a dick mind, I wouldn't disagree with that. You have to wonder if this dip in form is due to his head being turned and a bit of him believing the hype.

He's still a very good player but I wouldn't put either of them above Gerrard or Scholes yet. Potential wise maybe, but better already? Nah, not for me.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Dec 2017 09:17

Hoop Blah Alli is a young player who's having a pretty typical, but perhaps overdue, dip in form that most players hit at some point, especially early in their careers.

He does appear to be a bit of a dick mind, I wouldn't disagree with that. You have to wonder if this dip in form is due to his head being turned and a bit of him believing the hype.

He's still a very good player but I wouldn't put either of them above Gerrard or Scholes yet. Potential wise maybe, but better already? Nah, not for me.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Exciting to think how good the Spurs trio of Dier, Alli and Winks might be as a midfield in 2 or 3 years time.

Not sure what Rother's beef with Klopp is - yes he can clearly get a bit irritable at times, but otherwise he seems genuinely affable, and has engendered a good spirit at Liverpool.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Dec 2017 09:28

Sanguine Yeah I'd agree with that. Exciting to think how good the Spurs trio of Dier, Alli and Winks might be as a midfield in 2 or 3 years time.

I've said it before, I think, but I really don't think Dier is that great as a midfielder. He's just not quite mobile enough for my liking.

It's great to have someone who has a defensive instinct in there of course, but I just don't quite buy into the hype of him as a midfielder and I think he's going to struggle to hold down a place in the Spurs midfield. He's probably a shoe-in for England for the foreseeable future though.

double d

by double d » 22 Dec 2017 09:51

Hoop Blah
Sanguine Yeah I'd agree with that. Exciting to think how good the Spurs trio of Dier, Alli and Winks might be as a midfield in 2 or 3 years time.

I've said it before, I think, but I really don't think Dier is that great as a midfielder. He's just not quite mobile enough for my liking.

It's great to have someone who has a defensive instinct in there of course, but I just don't quite buy into the hype of him as a midfielder and I think he's going to struggle to hold down a place in the Spurs midfield. He's probably a shoe-in for England for the foreseeable future though.

Cannot remember what game it was, possibly against man city when sterling scored, when a slow moving long ball went past him and he wasnt mobile or quick enough to reach it and the striker got it and scored.

5548 posts