Weekend Football

5342 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Weekend Football

by LUX » 22 Dec 2017 10:06

Royal Rother Both Klopp and Alli are dickheads.

One’s a creepy fcuker who wears women’s glasses, and the other is a spiteful w4nker with a massive chip on his shoulder who has been found out this season.

some bizarre stuff on Klopp there Rother. To criticise Alli's personality is odd when you are defending Wilshere at the same time. Anyway, you were praising Wilshere as a player. Let's see who goes to Russia.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Dec 2017 10:14

Royal Rother
Wilshere is still the best English midfield player since Gazza. How he is not starting for Arsenal I’ll never know. Almost every time he picks the ball up he drives forward beating players and creating space for others, and he sees passes no other English player does. He is the only English player who has ever reminded me of Messi. (Ok, that’s probably enough now.)

Alli may "have been found out this season". He may have a chip on his shoulder. But he has scored 31 Premier League goals in 87 matches. Wilshere has scored 7 (seven) in 153 appearances. His last PL goal was in the 2014/2015 season. I suppose the fact he is not even in the team might explain and excuse this.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Dec 2017 11:15

LUX Alli may "have been found out this season". He may have a chip on his shoulder. But he has scored 31 Premier League goals in 87 matches. Wilshere has scored 7 (seven) in 153 appearances. His last PL goal was in the 2014/2015 season. I suppose the fact he is not even in the team might explain and excuse this.

Alli may "have been found out this season". He may have a chip on his shoulder. But he has scored 31 Premier League goals in 87 matches. Wilshere has scored 7 (seven) in 153 appearances. His last PL goal was in the 2014/2015 season. I suppose the fact he is not even in the team might explain and excuse this.[/quote]

Difficult to compare the two when it comes to goalscoring as Alli has basically spent a lot of his time at Spurs as a second forward playing off of Kane whereas Wilshire generally plays a lot deeper (but has played as a 10 too). I do agree that Wilshire really should have scored more goals for Arsenal though and it was an area he needed to improve on (IMO) before his injuries really kicked in.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Feb 2018 10:53

No real thread for it, so here will do - sadly Ryan Mason, of Spurs, Hull and briefly England, has been forced to retire at 26 having fractured his skull a year ago in a clash with Gary Cahill.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Feb 2018 12:03

Sanguine No real thread for it, so here will do - sadly Ryan Mason, of Spurs, Hull and briefly England, has been forced to retire at 26 having fractured his skull a year ago in a clash with Gary Cahill.

Crikey!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Feb 2018 14:03

Mick McCarthy gesturing at his own fans to "oxf*rd off" after Ipswich scored in the 89th minute against Norwich. :lol:

https://twitter.com/beewestwood/status/ ... 7747059714

Norwich of course nicked a 95th minute equaliser.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Feb 2018 13:22

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... d-43153830

No thread for it but 'Queen of the South keeper hit by runaway cow' is worth a mention. QoS are down to one fit keeper after their youth team goalie, promoted to the bench last week when their No.1 was injured, was hit in the shoulder by the escaped bovine on his Dad's farm.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Mar 2018 10:29

Pointless little stat, but I like it.

Birmingham, Sunderland, Wigan and Blackpool might all be in League One next season. We all know they've been in the Premier League in recent seasons, but they were all in the Premier League at the same time only 7 years ago (2010-11 - Sunderland 10th, Wigan 16th, Birmingham 18th, Blackpool 19th) along with current League One leaders Blackburn (15th).

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Mar 2018 11:32

(20th) Grimsby v Port Vale (22nd) tomorrow

Grimsby's new manager has his first game in charge - does that, coupled with home advantage make them favourites for this huge encounter?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2018 18:49

Can we all just LOL at the continuing meLOLtdown of West Ham?

Since they took all our tax money to get their stupid new stadium, is there anyone in the country that does't want them to go under?

double d

by double d » 10 Mar 2018 19:09

I think in terms of a shambLOLes of a club, and pcuntyness of fans, they are even above LOLeeds.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 11 Mar 2018 16:56

Lost any respect I might have had for them after Pardewgate.
Brooking: Can we have permission to speak to Alan Pardew about the West Ham managers job?
RFC: No.
Brooking: Can we have permission to speak to Alan Pardew about the West Ham managers job?
RFC: What part of "No" don't you understand?
Brooking to Pardew: Do you want to become our next Manager?

Brooking was a fukking disgrace over that. Makes me sick to think of him lording it in their Directors box. We should have reported him the FA really.

And their supporters need to realise that they are nothing more than a yo-yo club. Although one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football match was their fans doing the Conga in the South Stand at 6-0 down :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2018 17:33

Even Saint Trevor of Brooking cannot manipulate the FA anymore, he’s telling the protesting ‘ammers fans to stay away.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Mar 2018 18:05

Muskrat Lost any respect I might have had for them after Pardewgate.

Brooking was a fukking disgrace over that. Makes me sick to think of him lording it in their Directors box. We should have reported him the FA really.

And their supporters need to realise that they are nothing more than a yo-yo club. Although one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football match was their fans doing the Conga in the South Stand at 6-0 down :lol:

I remember the away game at UP after Pardew joined them. We were singing the expected 'Trevor Brooking is a w*nker' type stuff and their fans were absolutely losing their minds over it, it was like we were insulting their mums or something. Gr8 days

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2018 18:18

:lol: great times

But see above...his comeuppance has finally come

(Got to admit, I lost the utmost of childhood (through to adulthood) respect for Saint Trevor after that Pardew thing...the Goat got gutted too

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2018 18:35

Winston Biscuit
Muskrat Lost any respect I might have had for them after Pardewgate.

I remember the away game at UP after Pardew joined them. We were singing the expected 'Trevor Brooking is a w*nker' type stuff and their fans were absolutely losing their minds over it, it was like we were insulting their mums or something. Gr8 days

I remember in the 4-2 away win in 2012, during half time (after going 2-1 up in a minute or something) they were trying to bash the door down to get into the away end concourse. There was also a bespectacled West Ham fan in the tier above us who was the angriest looking man I've ever seen in my life. Proper red with rage.

They are a sort.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Mar 2018 09:29

West Ham should play their next match behind closed doors. A fine simply won't cut it.

double d

by double d » 12 Mar 2018 10:02

Sanguine West Ham should play their next match behind closed doors. A fine simply won't cut it.

I think they should have a 15 points deduction aswell

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Mar 2018 10:07

Sanguine West Ham should play their next match behind closed doors. A fine simply won't cut it.

Should allow away fans in - always feel it is an unfair punishment to bar away fans too. Though as it's Soton, they may see it as a blessing in disguise.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2018 10:14

Stranded

Should allow away fans in - always feel it is an unfair punishment to bar away fans too. Though as it's Soton, they may see it as a blessing in disguise.

Can you imagine the hundreds of angry West Ham supporters outside the stadium not allowing the away fans in though? Could be a riot. Not sure the police would even entertain that idea on safety grounds. I agree with you in principal though.

5342 posts