Hob Nob Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by stealthpapes » 08 Dec 2018 14:00

WBA equaliser last night:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Dec 2018 09:00

I thought the "scorer" lying there with the look of someone who'd just fvcked up the last chance to save the game was a clue for the officials

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Dec 2018 16:00

Old Man Andrews .

Some absolutely huge games coming up next weekend that I can't contain myself to wait until Friday to think about. Would be great to get your thoughts on the following:

Cambridge United v Yeovil
Port Vale v Cheltenham
Hull v Brentford
Whitehawk v Burgess Hill Town

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Dec 2018 21:51

stealthpapes WBA equaliser last night:

My favourite gif on the Internet i reckon

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 09:17

John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Some absolutely huge games coming up next weekend that I can't contain myself to wait until Friday to think about. Would be great to get your thoughts on the following:

Cambridge United v Yeovil
Port Vale v Cheltenham
Hull v Brentford
Whitehawk v Burgess Hill Town

Hi John, I agree it will be a great weekend of hot footballing action won't it?

Cambridge v Yeovil - Two teams that are really struggling at the foot of league 2. Yeovil have lost their last 4 in the league and Cambridge have lost their last 2. I think Yeovil will go there looking for a point to stop the rot, they'll get it. 1-1.

Port Vale v Cheltenham - Cheltenham have won 3 of their last 5 which has helped them move away from the relegation zone, they are still in big trouble though. Port Vale are midtable dross but will get a home win here. 2-1 Port Vale.

Hull v Brentford - Brentford have really gone on a massive slide since Dean Smith left them, think they are in a bit of bother. Hull are equally doing as badly but have at least won a game in their last 5 where as Brentford have not. I think Brentford will get a much needed win at Hull, comfortable too. 0-2.

Whitehawk v Burgess Town Hill - Whitehawk are rock bottom of the league. They are probably most famous for being the club at the heart of the Wealdstone Raiders infamous rant. Burgess Hill Town aren't doing much better to be honest, two poor sides. I will edge towards a narrow Whitehawk win though. 2-1.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Dec 2018 11:34

Old Man Andrews
Hi John, I agree it will be a great weekend of hot footballing action won't it?

Not bad predictions there OMA. I am in a way pleased that Whitehawk v Burgess Hill was called off as it means we get to do it all again on another evening!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Dec 2018 12:41

Nathan Redmond has gone bald quick.

Last checked my balding footballers spreadsheet only 2 or 3 months ago and I swear he was not even on there

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Dec 2018 11:56

Old Man Andrews Hob Nob Anyone?

My picks of the forthcoming weekend. Would be great to hear your thoughts and anyone elses!

Portsmouth v Sunderland
Bradford v Scunthorpe
Morecambe v Cambridge United
Hannover 96 v Fortuna Dusseldorf

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2018 12:19

John Smith
Old Man Andrews Hob Nob Anyone?

My picks of the forthcoming weekend. Would be great to hear your thoughts and anyone elses!

Portsmouth v Sunderland
Bradford v Scunthorpe
Morecambe v Cambridge United
Hannover 96 v Fortuna Dusseldorf

After a slightly poor showing last weekend I feel I must redeem myself.

Portsmouth v Sunderland - Two of the leagues high flyers going head to head here. Think it will be a tight, cagey affair with Sunderland coming for a draw. Reckon they will get it too. 1-1

Bradford v Scunthorpe - Bradford have picked up a bit and are playing a lot better. They looked doomed at one point, won their last game. Scunthorpe however are on a terrible slide and have lost their last 4 games! One place above the relegation zone. Going for a 2-1 Bradford win.

Morecambe v Cambridge - Two of League 2's basement sides, both are struggling and are only separated by 2 points. This has the potential to be an awful game of football, reckon it will be really scrappy. Going for a 0-1 win for Cambridge.

Hannover 96 v Fortuna Dusseldorf - Two of the Bundesliga's worst teams going head to head. Hannover are bottom of the league and will be desperate to win here, they simply have to and I think they will. 2-1 to Hannover 96.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Dec 2018 12:20

Winston Biscuit Nathan Redmond has gone bald quick.

Last checked my balding footballers spreadsheet only 2 or 3 months ago and I swear he was not even on there

:shock:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Dec 2018 14:30

Linesman for Tranmere's game with Morecambe forgot his boots. :lol:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 29 Dec 2018 15:37

Sol Campbell is doing absolute wonders at Macclesfield, maybe one of the greatest footballing minds after all!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2019 09:41

TiagoIlori Sol Campbell is doing absolute wonders at Macclesfield, maybe one of the greatest footballing minds after all!

Yeah, fair play to Campbell, they are off the bottom, and have lost just twice in his eight league games so far.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2019 09:53

Talk about getting better with age - Billy Sharp, now 32, scored his 16th league goal of the season (from 24 games), which is his best effort at this level (he got 15 back in 09-10 at Doncaster). But the goal also takes him to 220 in English league football this century, and ahead of Rickie Lambert's 219.

Secondly - no idea if this is a record, but James Coppinger's goal yesterday means he has scored for Doncaster Rovers in 14 consecutive calendar years. :shock:

Edit: thinking about it, of course Ryan Giggs has this record with league goals for United in 21 consecutive years.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Jan 2019 12:09

Sanguine Talk about getting better with age - Billy Sharp, now 32, scored his 16th league goal of the season

Yes saw this - what a class act - I immediately thought why didn't it work for him with us? Same old story with every 'proven' striker we've brought in (file under Vydra, Grabban, Martin).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2019 12:58

John Smith
Sanguine Talk about getting better with age - Billy Sharp, now 32, scored his 16th league goal of the season

Yes saw this - what a class act - I immediately thought why didn't it work for him with us? Same old story with every 'proven' striker we've brought in (file under Vydra, Grabban, Martin).

Yeah, I was always a fan, and delighted when he came to us on loan, but it didn't work out. He struggled for a few years though after losing his son in 2011, and only got five league goals at Leeds in 14-15, before rejoining Sheffield United, and he hasn't looked back.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 04 Jan 2019 14:51

2018 catch up

... and in Italy, we have this

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 05 Jan 2019 21:32

That Italian one :lol:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 06 Jan 2019 23:18

Absolute joke of a VAR decision in the Fulham-Oldham game. Thankfully it was missed, but how the hell the VAR ref saw that as a foul is mystifying. There was the slightest graze of a touch and then the Fulham player clearly dived.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2019 08:27

John Madejski's Wallet Absolute joke of a VAR decision in the Fulham-Oldham game. Thankfully it was missed, but how the hell the VAR ref saw that as a foul is mystifying. There was the slightest graze of a touch and then the Fulham player clearly dived.

This is why VAR needs to be abolished. No place for it in the sport of football.

5337 posts