Weekend Football

5548 posts
exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by exileinleeds » 19 Mar 2018 20:31

10539.4 Miles Away
From Despair To Where? It's probably got more to do with the Milk Marketing Board

Who are they?

Exactly!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Mar 2018 09:49

Bradford very much sticking with Operation Plummet I see

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2018 10:01

Winston Biscuit Bradford very much sticking with Operation Plummet I see

Did they not sack Stuart McCall whilst they were in the playoffs? If so then I am delighted they are in freefall.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Mar 2018 14:25

Torquay v Guiseley this weekend in the conference. You'd probably have to say loser goes down

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Mar 2018 07:50

Guisely are so far adrift that they are down if they win anyway

I would say Torquay are down too if they win but didn't they have a miraculous escape last season?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 Mar 2018 13:43

Looking forward to seeing what happens at West Ham today. Kumb suggesting it may all go off again today if things don't go well on the pitch.

First time I have even wanted Southampton to win a match.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Apr 2018 08:28

I went to watch Wycombe yesterday to get my football fix, felt like I was cheating on Reading but it was a day out. I should have been in Birmingham watching Reading play Villa but thanks to Sky and the Football League I wasn't!

I was quite impressed by the standard to be honest, not too far away from a lot of the Championship games I have seen this season. It was also nice to watch Akinfenwa live for the first time. The guy is an absolute unit and can barely move but he is a fantastic target man and holds the ball up well in and around the box.

double d

by double d » 03 Apr 2018 08:39

Old Man Andrews I went to watch Wycombe yesterday to get my football fix, felt like I was cheating on Reading but it was a day out. I should have been in Birmingham watching Reading play Villa but thanks to Sky and the Football League I wasn't!

I was quite impressed by the standard to be honest, not too far away from a lot of the Championship games I have seen this season. It was also nice to watch Akinfenwa live for the first time. The guy is an absolute unit and can barely move but he is a fantastic target man and holds the ball up well in and around the box.

When I saw them play Forest Green, all they did the entire game was pump a longball to him, who smashed about 4 defenders out the way and laid it off to Mackail-Smith to score twice. Very effective. It is funny trying to watch him run/waddle though :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Apr 2018 08:49

double d
Old Man Andrews I went to watch Wycombe yesterday to get my football fix, felt like I was cheating on Reading but it was a day out. I should have been in Birmingham watching Reading play Villa but thanks to Sky and the Football League I wasn't!

When I saw them play Forest Green, all they did the entire game was pump a longball to him, who smashed about 4 defenders out the way and laid it off to Mackail-Smith to score twice. Very effective. It is funny trying to watch him run/waddle though :lol:

His movement was ridiculous, it is like playing with 10 men at times because he cannot close down defenders and in fact makes no attempt to do so. He won every single ariel battle though which is his job I guess, caused a bit of havoc in the Grimsby box all match.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Apr 2018 10:39

Sunderland have taken 26 points from the last possible 117 at home

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Apr 2018 17:30

Winston Biscuit Sunderland have taken 26 points from the last possible 117 at home

You've got to hand it to the mackems, they're really good at being shit.

It was them who had the lowest PL points record before Derby... breaking their own record the next time they were in iirc. In fact I seem to remember that if you totalled their points from both seasons they still would have gone down every single year.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Apr 2018 08:27

Cardiff 6 points behind Wolves with a game in hand and they play each other at Cardiff on Friday night. Wolves have a better goal diffo by 8 but with them playing each other obv that could be reduced significantly

They couldn't could they?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Apr 2018 08:50

Winston Biscuit Cardiff 6 points behind Wolves with a game in hand and they play each other at Cardiff on Friday night. Wolves have a better goal diffo by 8 but with them playing each other obv that could be reduced significantly

They couldn't could they?

I hope so. I am a bit tired of pundits touting this Wolves team as the "best ever Championship side". It is fairly laughable in all honesty and if Cardiff can catch them it would really shut a lot of people up.

That Wolves side aren't even in the same galaxy as the 106 team.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Apr 2018 09:06

Not keen to see Birmingham stay up but that win last night all but relegated Sunderland, which makes me very happy.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Apr 2018 09:22

Winston Biscuit Not keen to see Birmingham stay up but that win last night all but relegated Sunderland, which makes me very happy.

Yep Burton and Sunderland are gone - no way either have the ability to pull back an 8 point gap with only 18 to play for. Especially as they play each other.

Looking possible that we could relegate Sunderland in a couple of weeks.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Apr 2018 09:29

Stranded
Winston Biscuit Not keen to see Birmingham stay up but that win last night all but relegated Sunderland, which makes me very happy.

Yep Burton and Sunderland are gone - no way either have the ability to pull back an 8 point gap with only 18 to play for. Especially as they play each other.

Looking possible that we could relegate Sunderland in a couple of weeks.

Would love to do that. Would be a tiny plus in a season of huge negativity.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 09:42

I love how entire seasons can change in the space of 5 days. After the Derby win, everyone was saying they were well placed to make a late charge to get out of trouble, now two results later (Wednesday loss, Brum win) they are basically dead and buried.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Apr 2018 21:52

CaROFLdiff

double d

by double d » 06 Apr 2018 21:57

LOL at Colin VVanker. He was so pissed off at the end of the game.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Apr 2018 22:11

Colin still spacking after the game in his interview.

Lol at 'I meant every word of what I said to him at the end' when all he said was shout 'f**k off' about 8 times :lol:

5548 posts