Champz League 17/18

212 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Champz League 17/18

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 13:31

Sanguine Agree with genome's sentiment on this, but equally there is a very obvious answer to the 'debate'.

That neither of them hold a candle to Eric Obinna Chukwunyelu?

double d

by double d » 04 Apr 2018 13:32

genome
Sanguine Agree with genome's sentiment on this, but equally there is a very obvious answer to the 'debate'.

Himself being inferior to Mass Sarr.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Apr 2018 13:44

double d
genome

Himself being inferior to Mass Sarr.

Who can't hold a candle to Barry Hunter.

FWIW on the Messi v Ronaldo deb8, its pointless, they are two different types of player. Ronaldo has so much more power than Messi, but you could argue that Messi doesn't need it as he seems to glide past players almost effortlessly.

Messi isn't the same physical specimen that Ronaldo is and will never score a goal like the one last night, but that doesn't mean Ronaldo is better, he is just different and scores different goals.

Just be grateful that we happen to be living in a time we get to witness 2 of the best ever footballers.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Apr 2018 13:45

genome

Since leaving Reading, he has played in Italy, China, Singapore, Malta, Tunisia and India, having journeyed through France and Germany before arriving in Berkshire. Well travelled!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 13:51

Sanguine
genome

Since leaving Reading, he has played in Italy, China, Singapore, Malta, Tunisia and India, having journeyed through France and Germany before arriving in Berkshire. Well travelled!

I love this on his wiki:

Obinna played in Reading's record-breaking promotion season. He did not score in six substitute appearances, but set up several goals.

Did he? :?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Apr 2018 13:51

Winston Biscuit

Chalk it off for dangerous play.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 04 Apr 2018 13:52

From Football365, these Ronaldo stats are bonkers:

http://www.football365.com/news/cristiano-ronaldo-the-truly-ridiculous-statistics-2

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 119 goals in the Champions League – the most of any player. Lionel Messi is second with 100.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals in the Champions League knock-out stages (59) than all but two other players have scored overall (Messi has 100 and Raul has 71).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in each of Real Madrid’s nine Champions League games this season.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals (119) than all but 19 of the 135 teams who have ever participated in the competition.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals since 2009 (104) than Manchester United (99) and Manchester City (99).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals since 2009 (104) than Tottenham (61) and Liverpool (38) combined.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has been the Champions League top scorer in five successive seasons.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored the most goals in a single Champions League season (17 in 2013/14), as well as the second most (16 in 2015/16).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has already scored 14 Champions League goals this season.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to have scored three hat-tricks in a single Champions League season (2013/14).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to score in three Champions League finals (2008, 2014 and 2017).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has the most hat-tricks in La Liga history (34).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more La Liga hat-tricks (34) since 2009 than Manchester United have scored Premier League hat-tricks overall (32).

* The only Premier League clubs to have scored more hat-tricks overall (since football began in 1992) than Cristiano Ronaldo are Arsenal (39) and Liverpool (36).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has the joint-most hat-tricks in Champions League history (7, with Messi).

* Cristiano Ronaldo (and Messi, by extension) has scored more Champions League hat-tricks (7) than every team that has ever participated in the competition except for Real Madrid (11) and Barcelona (12).

* Cristiano Ronaldo only ever scored one hat-trick for Manchester United.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player in the history of football to score more than 50 goals in a season on six consecutive occasions.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to have scored in the 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 European Championships, as well as the 2006, 2010 and 2014 World Cups.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to win the league title, the national cup, the national Super Cup (Community Shield), the Champions League, the Club World Cup, the league’s Player of the Year, the Golden Boot and the Ballon d’Or at two separate clubs.

* Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are the only players to have scored in every minute of an official football game.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to score for two different winning teams in the European Cup final.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to appear in more than one position in the UEFA Team of the Year.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has made the most appearances in the UEFA Team of the Year (10).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has won the European Golden Shoe more times than any other player (4).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the top goalscorer in the entire history of Europe’s top six leagues.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is Portugal’s all-time top goalscorer (81) and top appearance maker (149).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is Real Madrid’s all-time top goalscorer (445).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored 649 goals for club and country in 904 games.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is really good.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 13:56

Brum Royal From Football365, these Ronaldo stats are bonkers:

http://www.football365.com/news/cristiano-ronaldo-the-truly-ridiculous-statistics-2

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 119 goals in the Champions League – the most of any player. Lionel Messi is second with 100.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals in the Champions League knock-out stages (59) than all but two other players have scored overall (Messi has 100 and Raul has 71).

So Messi has never scored in the group stage? Surely that's a typo?

double d

by double d » 04 Apr 2018 13:59

genome
Sanguine
genome

I love this on his wiki:

Obinna played in Reading's record-breaking promotion season. He did not score in six substitute appearances, but set up several goals.

I dont think so. I remember Sekou Barajdi came on for 15 minutes v Sheff United, set up Gunnarsons goal to beat them when they were 2nd and we were top, and then promptly pfucked off again

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 14:00

double d
genome
Sanguine

I love this on his wiki:

I dont think so. I remember Sekou Barajdi came on for 15 minutes v Sheff United, set up Dave Kitsons goal to (I think ) draw 1-1, and then promptly pfucked off again

He set up Bryn's winner against Sheff United. Baradji basically kicked off the 106 season. An unsung Reading legend.

double d

by double d » 04 Apr 2018 14:01

genome
double d
genome
I love this on his wiki:

I dont think so. I remember Sekou Barajdi came on for 15 minutes v Sheff United, set up Dave Kitsons goal to (I think ) draw 1-1, and then promptly pfucked off again

He set up Bryn's winner against Sheff United. Baradji basically kicked off the 106 season. An unsung Reading legend.

You are right. I posted it, thought to myself that cannot be right and wiki'd barajdi.

He is an unsung hero

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Apr 2018 14:09

genome

No it is saying that if you just count Ronaldo's goals in the knock-out rounds he is the 3rd highest scorer in CL history behind Messi and Raul.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 14:15

Stranded
genome

No it is saying that if you just count Ronaldo's goals in the knock-out rounds he is the 3rd highest scorer in CL history behind Messi and Raul.

Ah, I chose not to read the word "overall". :oops:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Apr 2018 14:44

genome
Stranded
genome

Ah, I chose not to read the word "overall". :oops:

Nor did I the first time i read it. :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Apr 2018 20:23

Jeez how are City so dominant with that defence? It like watching us at times.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Apr 2018 21:00

Ascotexgunner Jeez how are City so dominant with that defence? It like watching us at times.

£200mil well spent

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Apr 2018 08:29

Ascotexgunner Jeez how are City so dominant with that defence? It like watching us at times.

Because the rest of the PL, bar Liverpool, seem to just be shit scared of their attacking players, who are incredibly good, so do all they can to keep them quiet rather than taking on their defence and risking leaving space.

Only teams to really do it this year are Liverpool, who have now scored 7 goals against them in the last 2 and Bristol City in the LC Semi, and gave them a real scare. Most other teams seem to assume they've lost before they turn up.

Liverpool will score at the Etihad so this tie is all but over. They could actually go on to win the thing.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Apr 2018 09:32

Stranded
Liverpool will score at the Etihad so this tie is all but over. They could actually go on to win the thing.

I think the semis will be the end of the road - it looks like Barca, Bayern or Real Madrid to come. Agreed though that this tie looks done, City are the only side to have scored in more of their games this season than Liverpool. Can't see Ederson keeping a clean sheet.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 05 Apr 2018 09:45

Watched most of Sevilla Bayern Tuesday. Don’t think Liverpool will have much to fear on that showing and Klopp knows them better than most.

double d

by double d » 05 Apr 2018 10:05

Uefas dream would be Barca and Madrid final

212 posts