Champz League 17/18

212 posts
6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Champz League 17/18

by 6ft Kerplunk » 08 Mar 2018 11:26

Winston Biscuit I have a very clear memory of Maradona juggling the ball in the air a number of times using just his shoulder while about to kick off a match during World Cup 1990. For him it was probably a nothing moment but for some reason really struck me as brilliantly mad and I tried it myself for weeks afterwards in the back garden.

Lineker tells a story that he played a friendly/testimonial and Maradona was on the other team. He spent the whole warm just booting the ball as high as he could again and again without letting it bounce and barely moved from the spot he was stood on. Lineker said they all tried to do it he next day at training and nobody could do it.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Mar 2018 11:33

6ft Kerplunk
Winston Biscuit I have a very clear memory of Maradona juggling the ball in the air a number of times using just his shoulder while about to kick off a match during World Cup 1990. For him it was probably a nothing moment but for some reason really struck me as brilliantly mad and I tried it myself for weeks afterwards in the back garden.

Lineker tells a story that he played a friendly/testimonial and Maradona was on the other team. He spent the whole warm just booting the ball as high as he could again and again without letting it bounce and barely moved from the spot he was stood on. Lineker said they all tried to do it he next day at training and nobody could do it.

just searched the websphere to see if there was any mention of the shoulder juggling from anyone else and here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlk3dl8O588

nothing spectacular but enough to make a young boy rush outside and shoulder it over the fence to the neighbours

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 08 Mar 2018 12:23

genome Arsenal fans piping up on Twitter because of the loss. You can't make it up.

You could. Spurs are chokers. Their only claim to fame in recent seasons is coming third in a two horse race.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Mar 2018 12:28

Royality creeps In
genome Arsenal fans piping up on Twitter because of the loss. You can't make it up.

You could. Spurs are chokers. Their only claim to fame in recent seasons is coming third in a two horse race.

They need a trophy, no doubt. But they are a young side, and are getting closer. I'm confident they'll pick one up eventually, if they can keep the squad together.

Arsenal, on the other hand, have collapsed, and are going backwards. They're in no position to mock Spurs fans, at all.

double d

by double d » 08 Mar 2018 12:30

genome
Royality creeps In

They need a trophy, no doubt. But they are a young side, and are getting closer. I'm confident they'll pick one up eventually, if they can keep the squad together.

Arsenal, on the other hand, have collapsed, and are going backwards. They're in no position to mock Spurs fans, at all.

They are not in any position arsenal at all. I can see them falling further down the table at this rate, below your Burnley and evertons .

I think spurs have had their chance and blew it , cannot see kane there much longer tbh

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Mar 2018 12:35

I seem to be in a minority in thinking that Kane will stay for at least next season. They're moving to a new stadium, selling him would be the wrong message entirely. Levy has said he wants to avoid being a selling club.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Mar 2018 13:01

genome I seem to be in a minority in thinking that Kane will stay for at least next season

I also think he will stay.

Reckon the price Levy would ask for means only 4 clubs could afford him, and 3 of those don't need him anyway.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Mar 2018 13:11

Winston Biscuit
genome I seem to be in a minority in thinking that Kane will stay for at least next season

Reckon the price Levy would ask for means only 4 clubs could afford him, and 3 of those don't need him anyway.

I think he'd only go to Spanish Tottenham. He's the heir apparent to Benzema IMO, but yeah, not this summer.

double d

by double d » 08 Mar 2018 13:14

genome
Winston Biscuit

I think he'd only go to Spanish Tottenham. He's the heir apparent to Benzema IMO, but yeah, not this summer.

Let's say he has an outstanding WC. I think he will be top scorer but let's say (pray) he single handedly gets us to the final. He would command a huge price and Madrid would pay that, especially if they can't get Greizzman who is off to Barca somebody said on here.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Mar 2018 13:30

double d
genome
Winston Biscuit

Let's say he has an outstanding WC. I think he will be top scorer but let's say (pray) he single handedly gets us to the final. He would command a huge price and Madrid would pay that, especially if they can't get Greizzman who is off to Barca somebody said on here.

My thinking is that only City, PSG, Barca & Real Madrid could afford the bonkers price Levy will ask.

PSG don't need him and also have FFP issues if they sign another big fee player in the summer.

Barca don't need him at all and will also be overloaded if Griezmann also joins them, some rumours Suarez is on his way though.

City don't need him but I suppose it would be no major shock to see them offer for him with the plan of offloading Aguero.

Big summer for Real Madrid though, lots of talk that Bale & Benzema will both be on their way and they are looking to spend spend spend. Ronaldo will stay as he wants to see his career out there, earns huge money which others won't pay. Asensio is quality and I could see him out wide in a front 3 or as a number 10 in a front 2 in the future. Reckon there is a spot for a new young centre forward in their squad though. Lots of rumours Lewandowski is trying to force a move to RM, also talk that RM want Pulisic this summer who could play out wide in a front 3. Pulisic would also give RM the marketing angle that they w*nk themselves dry over

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2018 14:03

Surely once Pochettino goes to Madrid Harry will follow him?

double d

by double d » 08 Mar 2018 14:08

Winston Biscuit
double d
genome

My thinking is that only City, PSG, Barca & Real Madrid could afford the bonkers price Levy will ask.

PSG don't need him and also have FFP issues if they sign another big fee player in the summer.

Barca don't need him at all and will also be overloaded if Griezmann also joins them, some rumours Suarez is on his way though.

City don't need him but I suppose it would be no major shock to see them offer for him with the plan of offloading Aguero.

Big summer for Real Madrid though, lots of talk that Bale & Benzema will both be on their way and they are looking to spend spend spend. Ronaldo will stay as he wants to see his career out there, earns huge money which others won't pay. Asensio is quality and I could see him out wide in a front 3 or as a number 10 in a front 2 in the future. Reckon there is a spot for a new young centre forward in their squad though. Lots of rumours Lewandowski is trying to force a move to RM, also talk that RM want Pulisic this summer who could play out wide in a front 3. Pulisic would also give RM the marketing angle that they w*nk themselves dry over

What I said to Mrs dd's spurs supporting family is:

Suarez will leave Barca. Ageuro will replace him. Kane will go City.

OR

Benzema will leave madrid and kane will go madrid,

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Mar 2018 14:29

Silver Fox Surely once Pochettino goes to Madrid Harry will follow him?

It's a good point, although I'm inclined to think that Kane will give Spurs one more year, partly because he'll want to have made his mark in the new ground.

City may be a big draw for him too, and he seems quite keen on breaking the Premier League goals record, which obviously he won't do if he spends too much time abroad.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Mar 2018 19:14

And rightly so. Their shi?ting on the second best team in CL history who havnt conceeded in 6 games.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Mar 2018 20:32

Ascotexgunner

And rightly so. Their shi?ting on the second best team in CL history who havnt conceeded in 6 games.

Or they are winning against a side who are a shadow of their former self, who have a team with Birmingham and Sunderland rejects in it? And the law of averages suggesting they will concede eventually.

It’s all about perspective, isn’t it...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Mar 2018 21:27

genome
Ascotexgunner

Or they are winning against a side who are a shadow of their former self, who have a team with Birmingham and Sunderland rejects in it? And the law of averages suggesting they will concede eventually.

It’s all about perspective, isn’t it...

It is, as well as putting trophies in cabinets for these "big" clubs, and Spurs have put nothing in theirs for years.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Mar 2018 21:37

Distinctly remember Arsenal being trophyless for many years. They are a bigger club than Spurs, too.

As I said, if they keep this squad together, the trophy will come. Then Arsenal fans will have finally lost the one card they can play.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Mar 2018 21:43

... can you tell I come from a family of Spurs fans?

double d

by double d » 08 Mar 2018 22:41

So do I ( well married to ST holders)

double d

by double d » 08 Mar 2018 22:43

Granted, Arsenal have won FA Cups in recentish years. I think they will be a long way away from a league title and further from spurs for years

212 posts