Ups & Downs 2017/18

129 posts
Double d v2

Re: Ups & Downs 2017/18

by Double d v2 » 30 Apr 2018 14:08

Stranded
Double d v2 Can Barnet pull off another miracle?

Either way, Martin Allen will probably quit again.

:lol:

Hasn't he been there 6 times now?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2018 11:06

Looking at the Premier League relegation run-in again - I now think Huddersfield will be the ones to drop with Stoke and West Brom.

Their last 3 games are Man City (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) and they are 3 points off the drop. A couple of the sides around them are playing each other as well, which means one or both will gain points on them if they lose.

Other sides have tough run-ins as well, but I think Huddersfield will get relegated on the last day.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2018 14:07

genome Looking at the Premier League relegation run-in again - I now think Huddersfield will be the ones to drop with Stoke and West Brom.

Their last 3 games are Man City (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) and they are 3 points off the drop. A couple of the sides around them are playing each other as well, which means one or both will gain points on them if they lose.

Other sides have tough run-ins as well, but I think Huddersfield will get relegated on the last day.

Just sad West Ham missed out again.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 May 2018 15:39

genome Looking at the Premier League relegation run-in again - I now think Huddersfield will be the ones to drop with Stoke and West Brom.

Logically it actually helps Huddersfield that teams below them are playing each other, as they can't all gain loads of points on Huddersfield if they lose. Swansea play Southampton and Stoke - if they win those games they go clear of Huddersfield, but also keep their opponents firmly behind them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 May 2018 09:12

Huddersfield will get something out of the Arsenal game - remember Arsenal are yet to pick up a point on their travels this year.

For what it's worth, I can see the following happening before the final day:

West Ham lost at Leicester and home to Man Utd
Huddersfield lose both
Swansea draw at Bournemouth and draw with Southampton
Southampton win at Everton and Swansea
Stoke beat Crystal Palace
WBA lose to Spurs

meaning a table that looks like

Southampton 36
West Ham 35
Swansea 35
Huddersfield 35
Stoke 33
WBA 28

meaning last day any of those clubs could drop.

Huddersfields GD as it is means they will likely have to beat Arsenal as with a draw, if Stoke beat Swansea, then they would still drop. Be very funny if West Ham drop though.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 02 May 2018 09:15

Stranded

Huddersfield will get something out of the Arsenal game - remember Arsenal are yet to pick up a point on their travels this year.

Huddersfield lose both
WBA lose to Spurs

Southampton 36
West Ham 35
Swansea 35
Huddersfield 35
Stoke 33
WBA 28

Huddersfields GD as it is means they will likely have to beat Arsenal as with a draw, if Stoke beat Swansea, then they would still drop. Be very funny if West Ham drop though.

I remember when it used to be 40 points to be safe. God the standard of PL this year (bar the top few) has been awful.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 May 2018 09:44

Stranded

Huddersfield lose both
WBA lose to Spurs

Southampton 36
West Ham 35
Swansea 35
Huddersfield 35
Stoke 33
WBA 28

Surely, surely, Arsenal's players will be motivated for Wenger's last game in charge. I doubt they'll want to have the dubious honour of not picking up a point away from home in the second half of the season, either.

But, it's Arsenal after all.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 May 2018 09:47

genome
Surely, surely, Arsenal's players will be motivated for Wenger's last game in charge. I doubt they'll want to have the dubious honour of not picking up a point away from home in the second half of the season, either.

But, it's Arsenal after all.

You'd think, but if Huddersfield still need something, then I wouldn't bet against it. Especially if Arsenal make it to the Europa League final - which is just 3 days after this game.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 May 2018 10:17

On West Brom, Darren Moore nominated for Manager of the Month in his first month in football management. Great effort from a club legend.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 02 May 2018 10:31

Sanguine On West Brom, Darren Moore nominated for Manager of the Month in his first month in football management. Great effort from a club legend.

if only clubs had the balls to appoint more club legends and not recycle the same old moyes, pardew, allardyce cycle

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 May 2018 10:50

Double d v2
Sanguine On West Brom, Darren Moore nominated for Manager of the Month in his first month in football management. Great effort from a club legend.

if only clubs had the balls to appoint more club legends and not recycle the same old moyes, pardew, allardyce cycle

Was reading an article the other day about Alan Curbishley, now ten years out of the game, and the author there bemoaned this one in, one out circle of under-achieving British managers like Moyes, Pardew, Lambert etc.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 02 May 2018 10:57

Sanguine
Double d v2

Was reading an article the other day about Alan Curbishley, now ten years out of the game, and the author there bemoaned this one in, one out circle of under-achieving British managers like Moyes, Pardew, Lambert etc.

You know that within another season Moyes, Coleman and Pardew will be back with other teams despite being utter failures this season.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 May 2018 11:08

Tbf I'd file Coleman with Hasselbaink (Burton) in the 'why the fcuk did I leave my secure job in which I was successful?!!?!!' bucket.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 May 2018 11:11

Sanguine Tbf I'd file Coleman with Hasselbaink (Burton) in the 'why the fcuk did I leave my secure job in which I was successful?!!?!!' bucket.

Why would you file someone in a bucket?

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 02 May 2018 11:12

Sanguine Tbf I'd file Coleman with Hasselbaink (Burton) in the 'why the fcuk did I leave my secure job in which I was successful?!!?!!' bucket.

Yep.

Still nothing comes close to Bradford sacking their manager when in top 6 and that is completely topped by Birmingham sacking Rowett for ZoLOLa, and beinjg utter crap for years now,

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 02 May 2018 11:12

genome

Why would you file someone in a bucket?

Hi Mr Literal.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 May 2018 11:20

Double d v2
Sanguine
Double d v2

You know that within another season Moyes, Coleman and Pardew will be back with other teams despite being utter failures this season.

All 4 of those have also proven that they CAN be successful as well though. They still represent a gamble when given any job of course, but I can understand why Chairmen/CEO/Owners resort to them at times though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 May 2018 12:58

Read this morning that WBA are supposedly interested in appointing Allardyce as manager this summer if he leaves Everton. If they do, they are clearly insane.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 02 May 2018 13:34

I keep seeing this thread and thinking "Oh no, where's he skateboarding back from now "

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 May 2018 14:35

:?

129 posts