Play-Offs Thread 2018

126 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Play-Offs Thread 2018

by Old Man Andrews » 14 May 2018 13:33

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
genome
You could say the same about Karacan and his tweets about Reading...

If the Shrews go up I wouldn't be surprised to see Dangerous Dave move there.

Fingers crossed for the Shrews!!!!!

This is exactly what I'm hoping for! Get that charading charlatan out of my club! The fraud must go!! :evil:

I know you love a good troll and you are quite the master at it but I hope to god you are being serious in this instance.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 May 2018 14:04

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Old Man Andrews
Fingers crossed for the Shrews!!!!!

This is exactly what I'm hoping for! Get that charading charlatan out of my club! The fraud must go!! :evil:

I know you love a good troll and you are quite the master at it but I hope to god you are being serious in this instance.

Deadly serious.

The only players that deserve to stay are Leandro Bacuna and Mo Barrow.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 14 May 2018 14:23

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
John Smith This is exactly what I'm hoping for! Get that charading charlatan out of my club! The fraud must go!! :evil:

Deadly serious.

The only players that deserve to stay are Leandro Bacuna and Mo Barrow.

Landro Bacuna?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 May 2018 14:29

Double d v2 Landro Bacuna?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You aren't a supporter therefore your opinion is void

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 14 May 2018 15:28

John Smith
Double d v2 Landro Bacuna?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You aren't a supporter therefore your opinion is void

Been to more games then you and had a season ticket for longer I reckon. Over 20 years.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 May 2018 15:33

Please don't ruin this thread chaps.

Cheers.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 14 May 2018 16:34

genome Please don't ruin this thread chaps.

Cheers.

Have a feeling this plea is going to be to late Genome, they've already started.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 14 May 2018 21:15

This is a really good game

Carson made a couple great saves in 1st half. Sessegnon scored a great goal, he will be some oxf*rd great player (if spurs and man city don't get their hands on him). That header from a corner was incredible.

I hate to say it but Fulham look great tonight.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 May 2018 09:09

Double d v2
Sessegnon scored a great goal, he will be some oxf*rd great player (if spurs and man city don't get their hands on him).

Interested to know why you might say this? I think a club like Spurs would be a much better fit for him than any of the other 'big' clubs and they took one G. Bale at a young age and turned him into one of the best players in the world.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 15 May 2018 09:12

Hendo
Double d v2
Sessegnon scored a great goal, he will be some oxf*rd great player (if spurs and man city don't get their hands on him).

Interested to know why you might say this? I think a club like Spurs would be a much better fit for him than any of the other 'big' clubs and they took one G. Bale at a young age and turned him into one of the best players in the world.

Possibly, I was probably more leaning towards man city (And should have said Chelsea instead of spurs) tbh.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 May 2018 09:46

If Fulham don't go up, I think Spurs will have him.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 May 2018 11:29

Was at Craven Cottage last night - Fulham were back in irrepressible mood, having had a couple of weeks off at Birmingham and in the first leg of this play-off semi-final. Derby turned up determined to waste time from the off - bizarre scenes where Scott Carson was warned by the referee for time-wasting three times before 35 minutes were on the clock. Fantastic point-blank save though from a Mitrovic header.

A lot of headlines about Sessegnon for his goal and assist, and the kid is frightening for 17, but the win was on the back of some brilliant performances in midfield from Johansen and Cairney. All three of those players might be gone if Fulham don't go up; and Sessegnon probably either way.

I do like Craven Cottage - proper old stadium with low roofs, tight seating and stands that see sounds echo and reverberate around the ground.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 11:35

Sanguine Was at Craven Cottage last night - Fulham were back in irrepressible mood, having had a couple of weeks off at Birmingham and in the first leg of this play-off semi-final. Derby turned up determined to waste time from the off - bizarre scenes where Scott Carson was warned by the referee for time-wasting three times before 35 minutes were on the clock. Fantastic point-blank save though from a Mitrovic header.

A lot of headlines about Sessegnon for his goal and assist, and the kid is frightening for 17, but the win was on the back of some brilliant performances in midfield from Johansen and Cairney. All three of those players might be gone if Fulham don't go up; and Sessegnon probably either way.

I do like Craven Cottage - proper old stadium with low roofs, tight seating and stands that see sounds echo and reverberate around the ground.

Did you keep your clapper?

On that note I saw a lot of our supporters criticising Fulham for giving out flags and clappers when we did EXACTLY the same thing in last seasons home leg against Fulham. Short memories.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 May 2018 11:58

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Was at Craven Cottage last night - Fulham were back in irrepressible mood, having had a couple of weeks off at Birmingham and in the first leg of this play-off semi-final. Derby turned up determined to waste time from the off - bizarre scenes where Scott Carson was warned by the referee for time-wasting three times before 35 minutes were on the clock. Fantastic point-blank save though from a Mitrovic header.

Did you keep your clapper?

On that note I saw a lot of our supporters criticising Fulham for giving out flags and clappers when we did EXACTLY the same thing in last seasons home leg against Fulham. Short memories.

I'm not a massive fan of the clappers but, and especially in a stadium like CC, they don't half make a racket. The flags and clappers might be a bit 'tinpot', but last night is the closest I remember in a game of fans almost 'sucking the ball into the net'. Credit it where it's due, Fulham got it right last night.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 May 2018 12:49

Old Man Andrews On that note I saw a lot of our supporters criticising Fulham for giving out flags and clappers when we did EXACTLY the same thing in last seasons home leg against Fulham. Short memories.

I'm trying to find evidence but I'm pretty sure that's not true is it?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 12:52

Silver Fox
Old Man Andrews On that note I saw a lot of our supporters criticising Fulham for giving out flags and clappers when we did EXACTLY the same thing in last seasons home leg against Fulham. Short memories.

We certainly had flags, I might be getting the clappers confused with another game (possibly Palace in the FA Cup a couple of years ago).

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 15 May 2018 12:58

Old Man Andrews
Silver Fox

We certainly had flags, I might be getting the clappers confused with another game (possibly Palace in the FA Cup a couple of years ago).

Flags but no clappers in the playoffs last season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 May 2018 12:58

Nothing wrong with flags IMO. Noiseless and looks good if confined to the beginning of the game.

It's been a while since we had clappers I think. I think Forest (H) in 2012 was the last time I remember them at the Madejski.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 12:59

genome Nothing wrong with flags IMO. Noiseless and looks good if confined to the beginning of the game.

It's been a while since we had clappers I think. I think Forest (H) in 2012 was the last time I remember them at the Madejski.

Yep flags are decent for the big games, good for the kids too.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 May 2018 13:05

Does anyone remember the Rumblestix phase?

That was horrendous

126 posts