who do you want to win the play-offs?

who do you want to win the Championship play-offs?

Villa
29%
Boro
51%
Fulham
7%
Derby
13%

Total votes: 45
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: who do you want to win the play-offs?

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 May 2018 16:38

10539.4 Miles Away
From Despair To Where? When I was a kid in the 70's, there was always that one kid in school who's dad had a car where the stereo had a tape deck, they lived in one of the new houses in Fords Farm instead of the terraces of West Reading, not only did he have all of the Star Wars Figures but he had the Millennium Falcon and the Death Star as well and they went on one of those new fangled package holidays on the Costa Del Sol every year. Everyone hated him because he was a smug, self entitled little prick who would let you know howcmuch better than you he was. Fulham are that kid.

lol. Beautiful post.

+1, wonderful :D

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 May 2018 16:40

Anyway, 'boro for me.

Solely because I want the others to bottle it. Though at a push, it would be Villa as having the UK's second city not have any representation in the prem is a bit weird

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 May 2018 07:04

Green
Franchise FC Every team is where they deserve to be

MK Dons?

Mmmmmm

You're right, I hadn't taken account of my namesakes.
Although, they're giving it a good go to get back to where they BELONG :lol:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 13 May 2018 06:40

Has to be Villa.

Because I know this woman, from the Monster Magnet forum who goes by the s/n "moo", who is hardcore Villan. She is a real live wire, lol. Ironically she married someone else from the forum whom she met at various Monster Magnet shows, who is from the northeast, is a Sunderland supporter and goes by the s/n "mack", and then relocated there from Birmingham. She may have moved but I am sure she hasn't changed her footie allegiance, lol.

We have a Geordie member at the forum who is a Newcastle supporter, and who likes giving the needle to mack, who has been strangely silent this season. After all the stick mack gave him when the Toon were relegated a few seasons back I thought for sure it was payback time this season. Maybe it is time for me to stir the pot over there... :P :twisted:

But those are the 3 clubs I don't mind seeing have success when it isn't at the expense of Reading.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 May 2018 10:16

John Madejski's Wallet
10539.4 Miles Away
From Despair To Where? When I was a kid in the 70's, there was always that one kid in school who's dad had a car where the stereo had a tape deck, they lived in one of the new houses in Fords Farm instead of the terraces of West Reading, not only did he have all of the Star Wars Figures but he had the Millennium Falcon and the Death Star as well and they went on one of those new fangled package holidays on the Costa Del Sol every year. Everyone hated him because he was a smug, self entitled little prick who would let you know howcmuch better than you he was. Fulham are that kid.

lol. Beautiful post.

+1, wonderful :D

Yeh nice post and I agree :D

It wasn't always thus of course, the Fulham in Terry McCann's day they were more of a Leyton Orient. Unfashionable side in a back then less fashionable suburb.

Before Al Fayed took over they were languishing in the 4th tier.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 16 May 2018 10:57

bumping my own thread, I really am indifferent between the two finalists, quite like both clubs.

If that sounds like I am being soft, think again. I am really looking forward to one set of fans bawling their eyes out at Wembley. Preferably after penalties, or throwing away an unassailable lead, plus a missed penalty.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 May 2018 10:59

I cannot under any circumstance want Fulham to go up. It will cripple them if they miss out as the manager probably leaves, Sessegnon and Cairney definitely will leave and I think it will completely demolorise their supporters which is hilarious and well worth backing Villa on that alone.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 16 May 2018 11:05

Lets talk L1 and L2

I really would LOVE if Shrewsbury can go up. Rotherham and Scunthorpe depress me as places.

Exeter would be my L2 pick

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 May 2018 11:45

If I had to pick a championship final winner it would now have to be Fulham, ideally with John Terry missing the crucial penalty in a shootout

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 May 2018 11:47

One good thing about Fulham going up, at least it would get rid of them. It's been quite nice not having to deal with Brighton fans this year.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 16 May 2018 15:13

LUX I am really looking forward to one set of fans bawling their eyes out at Wembley. Preferably after penalties, or throwing away an unassailable lead, plus a missed penalty.

:D Bad experience, LUX?

Not even the Bree Louise to drown their sorrows this year either.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 16 May 2018 15:24

I forgot to add "or being 3-0 down after 20 minutes".

yes, that just about covers it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 May 2018 17:32

I have no issue with Fulham, happy for them to go up but shame to lose a London club as decent away day.

To many northern teams in the Championship now. Could do with a 6+ southern swing with

Bournemouth, Southampton, Brighton coming down and Charlton, Oxford and Portsmouth coming up.