Women Pundits/Commentators

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Women Pundits/Commentators

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Sep 2018 10:58

After Leon Knights outburst, I have to agree to an extent, admittedly he didn't approach it in quite the right way but I do agree with the sentiment. For those who hadn't seen this, he was referring to Alex Scott's appearance as a pundit for the England Switzerland game, discuss.

"Might be a unpopular shout but I got something to say and I couldn’t be more serious I DONT WANNA SEE ANOTHER WOMAN TALKING FOOTBALL IN DETAIL ON SKY SPORTS OR BT SPORT. F*** OFF!

“AND I MEAN IT, F*** RIGHT OFF. Do u know how many f***ing ballers their is without jobs that could talk properly on certain events that’s gone on in the game.... they got this f***ing girl with weave in talking football.

“Look at the guys in the studio when these chicks start talking .... just look at the ex players faces LOOK AT THEIR EXPRESSIONS, It’s a sham. This equal rights bull has to stop we are nowhere near equal. Just like we can’t give birth u lot can’t kick or talk ball IDC.

“Nah man let them commentate and talk in detail on their own game, there is enough women’s football out there now for them to cover we don’t need them, it just looks forced and awkward tbh.

“Jamie redknapp said yesterday. LIVE ON AIR - ME AND CARRA HAVE PLAYED AT A HIGH LEVEL...... the girl was just sitting there scratching her weave she didn’t know what to do or say.”

Knight continued: “STICK TO INTERVIEWING PLAYERS AFTER THE GAME OR HOSTING THE SHOW AND INTRODUCING THE MANDEM IN THE STUDIO TO TALK BALL AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF THESE TWEETS NO ONE CANT FINE ME OR TELL ME NOTHING.

“IM TELLING U NOW THE PLAYERS/EX PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THEM GIRLS IN THE STUDIO, REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY SAY PUBLICLY!

“AND I AINT SEXIST AT ALL but come on man..... REALLY...... this girls in the room with CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS KICKING IT CHATTING FOOTBALL LOL unbelievable.

“And I’m hearing some soft wet guys screaming retired ones are ok - No they ain’t....retired .. huh, retired from what? they only started getting taken seriously couple years back who’s taking anyone of them serious cos they retired, NOT F*****G ME MATE ILL TELL U THAT FOR NOTHING.

“I’ll rather hear a Non league player commentate and talk about the game in the studio in detail then a woman who’s played women’s football and that’s just being real.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Women Pundits/Commentators

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Sep 2018 11:08

I think if anyone is that insecure about a woman commentating or being a pundit then the problem is with them and not with the women doing their job.

If you look at Mr Knights past then you will see he has very little respect for women in every day life as well as those involved in TV work. He's a oxf*rd pleb.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Sep 2018 11:12

What a prick

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2018 12:32

Knight is a dick, those comments are those of an absolute dick. Anyone who agrees, even to an extent, with anything he posted is a dick.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Sep 2018 12:58

they just chat the same nonsense the male pundits do

just different...not better or worse

plus Leon Knight is getting canceled

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Sep 2018 13:06

The deliciously stupid irony of Knight's post is that Alex Scott has more international caps than any of the pundits she works with.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2018 14:29

I could not care less who is in the studio punditing. Who cares if they're male, female, over 90 or under 10 so long as what they say is valid and they are contributing some sense then what does it matter. Odds on most people just tune in for the game itself and switch off when the talking heads appear anyway, after all long gone are the days of Brian Clough and Jimmy Hill.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Sep 2018 14:41

Not sure about anyone else but I think Brian Clough might have been under the influence when he was a pundit. Can't be sure but I have a hunch.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 18 Sep 2018 17:03

Did he really use Redknapp as his example of playing at the highest level somehow equals a good pundit/commentator? Lovely stuff. Oh, he was being serious.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Sep 2018 17:27

Alex Scott makes more sense than most of the male pundits and she's not exactly hard to look at either.

If Merson can get a job as a pundit anyone can.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Sep 2018 17:32

Not sure why we have a plethora of pundits, male or female, for so many sporting events.
There is always one commentator plus a pundit during the action and then usually a studio presenter plus 3 pundits post-match.
We have all seen the action and really don't need the experts/pundits going on and on afterwards saying whether something should have been a penalty or not and showing us all too often their lack of knowledge of the rules/laws and often their lack of info about individual players.

Having said all that, presumably the TV companies have researched that the majority of punters want all that stuff both prior and post matches or maybe they haven't.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2018 21:37

WoodleyRoyal After Leon Knights outburst, I have to agree to an extent, admittedly he didn't approach it in quite the right way but I do agree with the sentiment. For those who hadn't seen this, he was referring to Alex Scott's appearance as a pundit for the England Switzerland game, discuss.

"Might be a unpopular shout but I got something to say and I couldn’t be more serious I DONT WANNA SEE ANOTHER WOMAN TALKING FOOTBALL IN DETAIL ON SKY SPORTS OR BT SPORT. F*** OFF!

“AND I MEAN IT, F*** RIGHT OFF. Do u know how many f***ing ballers their is without jobs that could talk properly on certain events that’s gone on in the game.... they got this f***ing girl with weave in talking football.

“Look at the guys in the studio when these chicks start talking .... just look at the ex players faces LOOK AT THEIR EXPRESSIONS, It’s a sham. This equal rights bull has to stop we are nowhere near equal. Just like we can’t give birth u lot can’t kick or talk ball IDC.

“Nah man let them commentate and talk in detail on their own game, there is enough women’s football out there now for them to cover we don’t need them, it just looks forced and awkward tbh.

“Jamie redknapp said yesterday. LIVE ON AIR - ME AND CARRA HAVE PLAYED AT A HIGH LEVEL...... the girl was just sitting there scratching her weave she didn’t know what to do or say.”

Knight continued: “STICK TO INTERVIEWING PLAYERS AFTER THE GAME OR HOSTING THE SHOW AND INTRODUCING THE MANDEM IN THE STUDIO TO TALK BALL AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF THESE TWEETS NO ONE CANT FINE ME OR TELL ME NOTHING.

“IM TELLING U NOW THE PLAYERS/EX PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THEM GIRLS IN THE STUDIO, REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY SAY PUBLICLY!

“AND I AINT SEXIST AT ALL but come on man..... REALLY...... this girls in the room with CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS KICKING IT CHATTING FOOTBALL LOL unbelievable.

“And I’m hearing some soft wet guys screaming retired ones are ok - No they ain’t....retired .. huh, retired from what? they only started getting taken seriously couple years back who’s taking anyone of them serious cos they retired, NOT F*****G ME MATE ILL TELL U THAT FOR NOTHING.

“I’ll rather hear a Non league player commentate and talk about the game in the studio in detail then a woman who’s played women’s football and that’s just being real.

I thought Alex Scott was great at the world cup and it was a crying shame they disappeared her after the first round. And she's played at a far higher level than Knight ever will. He comes across as some sort of retarded 1970s dinosaur. I'm amazed he can spell sexist and turn on a computer... mind you, apparently toddlers can use Ipads, so that probably explains how he can tweet.

If you agree with him at all, you must be a thick misogynist

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Sep 2018 00:04

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal After Leon Knights outburst, I have to agree to an extent, admittedly he didn't approach it in quite the right way but I do agree with the sentiment. For those who hadn't seen this, he was referring to Alex Scott's appearance as a pundit for the England Switzerland game, discuss.

I thought Alex Scott was great at the world cup and it was a crying shame they disappeared her after the first round. And she's played at a far higher level than Knight ever will. He comes across as some sort of retarded 1970s dinosaur. I'm amazed he can spell sexist and turn on a computer... mind you, apparently toddlers can use Ipads, so that probably explains how he can tweet.

If you agree with him at all, you must be a thick misogynist

Leon Knight is a much better player than her tbf tbh even though he is a massive twat. Your average Teamboarder is as good as your average pundit. The pundits who tried to manage highlight this

She said the exact same nonsense as her male counterparts so 'greed that there was no need to 'disappear' her

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Sep 2018 06:58

So, by the same measure, should Denise Lewis only offer her opinion on female athletes?

And shouldn't Phil Neville be sacked because hes a man?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Sep 2018 08:55

one of the points and its the only point I agree with in his rant, and he hasn't done himself any favours in how he has approached it is, is she there just cos she's a woman? Are Sky and BT just trying to be seen as politically correct? Is she there just as a token gesture, or is she there on merit? I think its the former.

Its the same as in any workplace, and complaining that there are not enough women in senior positions in companies. Judging by my own experiences in the workplace 90% of women are not in senior positions because they are not good enough, not because of sexism.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Sep 2018 09:04

Shes there becuase the footballing landscape has changed and now a lot more women watch the game on TV. They want a range of pundits who represent the viewership is my guess.

When I was watching the coverage Alex Scott was kinda just there, really non offensive and safe. What annoyed me was the huge amount of men on social media falling over themselves to give phony praise to her in order to look like they were embracing diversity. As someone mentioned previously I don't listen to the build up before a game typically because all of the pundits annoy me to some degree male or female.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Sep 2018 09:36

WoodleyRoyal one of the points and its the only point I agree with in his rant, and he hasn't done himself any favours in how he has approached it is, is she there just cos she's a woman? Are Sky and BT just trying to be seen as politically correct? Is she there just as a token gesture, or is she there on merit? I think its the former.

You might be as stupid as Leon Knight then

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Sep 2018 11:28

Silver Fox
WoodleyRoyal one of the points and its the only point I agree with in his rant, and he hasn't done himself any favours in how he has approached it is, is she there just cos she's a woman? Are Sky and BT just trying to be seen as politically correct? Is she there just as a token gesture, or is she there on merit? I think its the former.

so you are saying she is there on merit, she is the best pundit they could find to express her views on an England game? and it has nothing to do with her being a woman or sky trying to hit a quota...

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 19 Sep 2018 11:40

Male punditry is at an all-time low. Robbie Savage on last night's Spurs game being a prime example.

Scott has certainty given Super Sunday a much needed lift.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Sep 2018 11:42

WoodleyRoyal
Silver Fox

so you are saying she is there on merit, she is the best pundit they could find to express her views on an England game? and it has nothing to do with her being a woman or sky trying to hit a quota...

Well, that and that you might be as stupid as Leon Knight

Why wouldn't an experienced England international be qualified for the job?