Emiliano Sala

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Emiliano Sala

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Mar 2019 17:04

6ft Kerplunk
From Despair To Where? Warnock was talking about him being his player right up to the point the invoice arrived.

Corrected for you.

True. So going to the funeral and gladhanding the family with platitudes and sympathy was essentially just a tasteless PR exercise?

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 26 Mar 2019 18:38

Much as I dislike Warnock and post editing. Its not him being the pcunt here is it. He obviously thought the signing had gone through. Its the owners that are being twats.

From Despair To Where? Cardiff as a club were talking about him being their player right up to the point the invoice arrived.

Corrected for myself.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Mar 2019 21:36

I didn't mean it as a dig at Warnock, he clearly believed he was his player and his reaction was sincere. What I meant was that whilst he was out there representing the club, they owners were already looking at ways to extract themselves from the deal.

It would be interesting to know how Warnock feels about the whole situation. If I was him I'd be pissed off with the way the club have conducted themselves. Sala should never have been on that flight and evidently he was at Cardiff's insistance.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 26 Mar 2019 21:47, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Mar 2019 21:45

From Despair To Where? I didn't mean it as a dig at Warnock, he clearly believed he was his player and his reaction was sincere. What I meant was that whilst he was out there representing the club, they owners were already looking at ways to extract themselves from the deal.

It would be interesting to know how Warnock feels about the whole situation. If I was him I'd be pissed off with the way the club have conucted themelves from.

Conucting yourself from anything is poor form.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Mar 2019 22:48

From Despair To Where? I didn't mean it as a dig at Warnock, he clearly believed he was his player and his reaction was sincere. What I meant was that whilst he was out there representing the club, they owners were already looking at ways to extract themselves from the deal.

It would be interesting to know how Warnock feels about the whole situation. If I was him I'd be pissed off with the way the club have conducted themselves. Sala should never have been on that flight and evidently he was at Cardiff's insistance.

I don’t agree with your final paragraph. It was Sala who chose to postpone his flight to the Monday evening. Cardiff were not involved in the flight arrangements, They had offered Saka commercial flights. He went down the private route.
Irrespective of that Cardiff should be paying up.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 27 Mar 2019 08:54

Does however give Warnock another handy excuse as to why its not his fault he can't keep a club in the top division.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Oct 2021 12:20

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59062626

Emiliano Sala: Flight organiser convicted over plane deaths

The organiser of the flight in which footballer Emiliano Sala died has been found guilty by majority verdict of endangering the safety of an aircraft.

Sala, 28, and pilot David Ibbotson, 59, died in the crash in the English Channel in January 2019.

David Henderson, 67, of Hotham, East Riding of Yorkshire, was found guilty after a trial at Cardiff Crown Court.

He had also previously admitted trying to arrange a flight for a passenger without permission or authorisation.
It took the jury seven and a half hours to convict Henderson, who will be sentenced on 12 November.

Argentine striker Sala and Mr Ibbotson died after their single-engine Piper Malibu plunged into the English Channel on a flight between Cardiff and Nantes in January 2019, set up by Henderson with football agent William "Willie" McKay.

The footballer was involved in a £15m transfer to Cardiff City from Nantes and was travelling between the two cities at the time of his death.

The court heard how Ibbotson, who regularly flew for Henderson, did not hold a commercial pilot's licence, a qualification to fly at night, and his rating to fly the single-engine Piper Malibu had expired.

Just moments after finding out the plane had gone down, Henderson texted a number of people telling them to stay silent, warning it would "open a can of worms", the jury was told.

That last bit is pretty :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2021 13:33

Hendo https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59062626

The organiser of the flight in which footballer Emiliano Sala died has been found guilty by majority verdict of endangering the safety of an aircraft.

Sala, 28, and pilot David Ibbotson, 59, died in the crash in the English Channel in January 2019.

David Henderson, 67, of Hotham, East Riding of Yorkshire, was found guilty after a trial at Cardiff Crown Court.

He had also previously admitted trying to arrange a flight for a passenger without permission or authorisation.
It took the jury seven and a half hours to convict Henderson, who will be sentenced on 12 November.

Argentine striker Sala and Mr Ibbotson died after their single-engine Piper Malibu plunged into the English Channel on a flight between Cardiff and Nantes in January 2019, set up by Henderson with football agent William "Willie" McKay.

The footballer was involved in a £15m transfer to Cardiff City from Nantes and was travelling between the two cities at the time of his death.

The court heard how Ibbotson, who regularly flew for Henderson, did not hold a commercial pilot's licence, a qualification to fly at night, and his rating to fly the single-engine Piper Malibu had expired.

Just moments after finding out the plane had gone down, Henderson texted a number of people telling them to stay silent, warning it would "open a can of worms", the jury was told.

Endangering the safety of an aircraft!

No wonder societies everywhere are going to hell in the proverbial handcart at the moment.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Oct 2021 23:47

So apart from the pilot not being licenced to fly that class of plane commercially, or being licenced to fly at night, the plane not being licenced to be flown commercially outside the USA and the plane being faulty in that the air conditioning diverted Carbon Monoxide from the engine to the cabin, it was all completely above board and legit.

And the pcunt claims it's a "paperwork issue". I guess other charges can't be filed until the inquest establishes cause of death.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Sep 2022 07:56

New podcast out called Transfer which goes into the detail of how this all happened

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Dec 2022 07:54

Cardiff put under a transfer embargo over their refusal to pay the first installment of the transfer fee for Sala

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Dec 2022 09:38

Sutekh

Endangering the safety of an aircraft!

No wonder societies everywhere are going to hell in the proverbial handcart at the moment.

In the end Henderson got 18 months in prison.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Jan 2023 16:01

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1616090047585071105

Cardiff tried to take out £20m insurance on Emiliano Sala the day AFTER he was killed in a plane crash

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 19 Jan 2023 16:03

Winston Biscuit https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1616090047585071105

Cardiff tried to take out £20m insurance on Emiliano Sala the day AFTER he was killed in a plane crash

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Apr 2024 18:45

French media reporting that Cardiff are now suing Nantes for €120M over this as they say losing Sala cost them relegation from the PL

:|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Apr 2024 18:58

Winston Biscuit French media reporting that Cardiff are now suing Nantes for €120M over this as they say losing Sala cost them relegation from the PL

Shameless and completely ridiculous.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2024 19:09

Winston Biscuit French media reporting that Cardiff are now suing Nantes for €120M over this as they say losing Sala cost them relegation from the PL

I'd like to see how they think Nantes are liable for that.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Apr 2024 06:10

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 22 Apr 2024 06:17

If anybody deserves relegation it's Cardiff

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2024 10:05

Unbelievable