Emiliano Sala

Old Man Andrews

Re: Emiliano Sala

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Feb 2019 09:53

AthleticoSpizz .....and utilising a single engined plane traversing the seas is never a good idea either.

Was there a particular reason why he was in such a rush to get to Cardiff? Just seems weird he had to fly at that time of night to get to Wales? Its a one hour flight ffs, just seems ridiculous he needed to be in a single engine plane at midnight in icy conditions.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Feb 2019 09:53

genome
Old Man Andrews Sad waste of a life

I hate this phrase, it's awful

Oh well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Feb 2019 10:03

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews Sad waste of a life

Oh well.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Feb 2019 10:05

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

Oh well.

Just thought I'd let you know.

It is a waste of the rest of the life he could have had. Is that better phrasing? Certainly didn't waste the first 28 years of course.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2019 11:08

Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz .....and utilising a single engined plane traversing the seas is never a good idea either.

Was there a particular reason why he was in such a rush to get to Cardiff? Just seems weird he had to fly at that time of night to get to Wales? Its a one hour flight ffs, just seems ridiculous he needed to be in a single engine plane at midnight in icy conditions.

Think he had to report to training on the Tuesday morning, why he didn’t fly at an earlier time on the Monday is baffling though but then again no one would have predicted it happening, just an unfortunate tragedy

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Feb 2019 08:28

Southampton fans doing airplane gestures during the minutes silence

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Feb 2019 10:10

Winston Biscuit Southampton fans doing airplane gestures during the minutes silence

Yeah, that’s not ok. How does that thought even go through someone’s head?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2019 19:09

I'm not an advocate of violence but sometimes people just deserve a good hiding. This is such an example.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 11 Feb 2019 10:18

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Feb 2019 16:22

I'd felt some real sympathy for Cardiff with the Sala issue, but they've just lost all that with the crass attempt to avoid paying his transfer fee.

1. Cardiff signed the player - they've admitted that a few times
2. He wouldn't have been on any plane heading for Cardiff without having signed
3. Cardiff should have implemented life insurance on their investment from the minute he was signed
4. Cardiff have welcomed, and indeed embraced, the sympathy - now they've had that they want to backtrack

Sad, traumatic, tragic but now is the time to pay up, then hope the insurance pays out (if it was taken out at all)

Back to hating Cardiff, which makes me much more comfortable with the world

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Feb 2019 16:45

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Feb 2019 18:07

Cardiff seem to be arguing that, despite the fact that they agreed to pay a specific sum, the fact that they may have been 'persuaded' to pay a higher fee is somehow linked to the fact that the player is dead.

I presume they'd have asked for a refund if the plane hadn't gone down as well. :roll:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Feb 2019 09:25

Franchise FC

Cardiff seem to be arguing that, despite the fact that they agreed to pay a specific sum, the fact that they may have been 'persuaded' to pay a higher fee is somehow linked to the fact that the player is dead.

I presume they'd have asked for a refund if the plane hadn't gone down as well. :roll:

I fail to see how this would have made them pay more. Surely you put in the offer you are willing to pay direct to Nantes and they either accept on decline. Cardiff, or more accurately, the owners not looking good at the moment. It's not as if 15m for a player with a decent track record in France is an astronomical amount in today's market.

This all looks very much like Cardiff trying to wangle out of what they owe due to the horrible circumstances that followed.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 25 Mar 2019 17:50

Stranded This all looks very much like Cardiff trying to wangle out of what they owe due to the horrible circumstances that followed.

Yeah, they've claimed to FIFA that the deal wasn't legally binding using some utterly feeble reasoning. Of course, I am not a lawyer and those reasons may actually turn out to be solid. But I hope not.

Any club intending to do business with Cardiff in the future should be very wary indeed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Mar 2019 18:29

Surely it would be Cardiffs insurers that would foot the bill?

Maybe it’s the inurance, or the lack of, that is the problem.

More murk out of the gloom of his sad demise.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Mar 2019 08:00

Assume Cardiff's insurance is'n't valid due to the dodgy flight arrangements, hence the wriggling.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Mar 2019 09:06

Platypuss Assume Cardiff's insurance is'n't valid due to the dodgy flight arrangements, hence the wriggling.

It may have more to do with the “fact” he does not appear to have been correctly registered by Cardiff at the time of his demise. If so their own error may well invalidate any player insurance. All very messy. I’m sure Cardiff would have corrected their error and he would have been registered correctly in the end.
It doesn’t look a good look for Cardiff if they try and renege on payments if it is due to their own error.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 26 Mar 2019 09:08

If what Cardiff are claiming is true and he wasn't registered with FAW they may not have any insurance for Sala as he wasn't their player. Of course Nantes may not have insurance either if he was no longer registered with LdFP as their player. Seems somewhat dubious as Cardiff were quite clearly talking about him as their player both before and after the plane crash right up until the point of having to hand over the money.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Mar 2019 16:26

Warnock was talking about him being his player right up to the point he was buried

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 26 Mar 2019 17:01

From Despair To Where? Warnock was talking about him being his player right up to the point the invoice arrived.

Corrected for you.