THE BETTING THREAD

7764 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: THE BETTING THREAD

by Top Flight » 08 Sep 2016 14:34

I have been honest about all my wins and all my losses. There is no hiding the facts.

double d

by double d » 08 Sep 2016 14:39

Top Flight After a blockbuster start to my betting campaign this season, I am sure you will all be delighted to know that I am well on track to hitting my £1000 target on each account by the end of the season. My Bet365 account is up 80% in the first month of the football season and my Betfair account is up 129%. I am sure that you will all agree that these are truly outstanding figures and confirm my growing competence in the betting markets.

You are kidding right?! GROWING COMPETENCE? AT BETTING?! THAT IS NOT A THING!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Sep 2016 14:44

Obviously some of my comments are made with tongue in cheek.

But, this is a serious challenge and I am not lying about my bets. I accept that I do communicate sometimes in a piss taking sort of way. I knew it would rile you to talk about my growing competence in the betting markets. I was just kidding. I thought HNA was the sort of place where people mock each other. I've been mocked relentlessly on this thread but I'm not offended. It is par for the course. We're Reading fans at the end of the day. Reading fans are p*ss takers.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 08 Sep 2016 14:49

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Sep 2016 15:03

Top Flight Obviously some of my comments are made with tongue in cheek.

But, this is a serious challenge and I am not lying about my bets. I accept that I do communicate sometimes in a piss taking sort of way. I knew it would rile you to talk about my growing competence in the betting markets. I was just kidding. I thought HNA was the sort of place where people mock each other. I've been mocked relentlessly on this thread but I'm not offended. It is par for the course. We're Reading fans at the end of the day. Reading fans are p*ss takers.

Not to be precious m8, but when you ask for some advice, and then boast about not following it, people aren't going to pat you on the back.

Of course you don't have to take the advice, just quit pretending you want it, its tiresome.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Sep 2016 15:25

A lot of the advice that I have received have included really negative things like stop gambling period. Draw down my funds and stop betting. I'm being told that I have problems and that I can't not bet etc. And, it looks like I'm staking less and betting less often than many others on here.

I have followed a lot of advice. I'm only betting on football now. I've reduced my stake sizes and risk. I am much more within the risk management rules than I was before. Yes, I have made one or two errors along the way. I'm no longer doing £10 nil nil challenges or betting on cricket and other sports that I usually lose in. I have followed a lot of advice. I might not be perfect yet. But having followed the advice, my betting is improving, my accounts are growing and things are moving in the right direction. I still have a lot to learn and a lot to improve in. I'm not sure how much or how often I should be betting as my account size grows. I only need to make £45 this month so I probably don't need to bet as much as I did last month. I just need to make some good selections and take my time. I also probably don't need to take huge risks. I have to use my £229 to speculate and accumulate just £45. I need to try and do that in a careful and clever way.

I assure you, I am soaking up all advice I'm getting.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Sep 2016 15:39

Until you understand the concept that you can select 'good' bets and still lose all your money, you are really wasting your time thinking about this in much depth.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Sep 2016 15:53

I do understand that concept.

And by the way, I didn't back Botafogo and Darlington last night because they both play in black and white. I just noticed that coincidence afterwards.

I backed Botafogo because I saw their game on Sunday night on BT Sport where they looked really good at home against Gremio and swept them aside to a two nil win. Then, last night I started watching Botafogo against Fluminense and placed my bet in play. Botafogo looked like they were in good form, they were on a high after winning on Sunday and they really took the game to Fluminense. They had the backing of a noisy crowd, it just felt that they were looking strong, so I laid off Fluminense as I thought that was the best way to bet on it.

In the second half, Fluminense had a lot more of the ball and were trying to break down Botafogo. I decided to cash out with about 15 minutes to go, because I could secure most of my profits. If Flum did manage to equalise then my cash out price would have collapsed and then if Flum snatched a winner then I would have been screwed. Similar thing happened between Gillingham and Sheffield Utd at the weekend which set me back a bit. I decided to play it safe this time. If I held out to the end I would have had an extra 90p. No point getting greedy over 90p.

I backed Darlington because they are going well in National League North, do well at home and being a big game playing Stockport who brought a large contingent of visiting supporters, I could lay Stockport at a good price. In a good atmosphere, I thought Darlington would have the edge being at home. The bets had nothing to do with the colours of the teams kits.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 08 Sep 2016 16:10

http://www.soccerstats.com/ is always good to look up form guides, home & away tables etc if that is your thing. Although 5 games into the season it doesn't mean much.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Sep 2016 16:19

Thanks Winston.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 09 Sep 2016 14:07

Pepe the Horseman
BR2 Not my usual type of bet but did a treble last night on these hopeless teams to lose:
Andorra
Luxembourg
Thailand
£100 produced a return of £216.
I did end up backing the draw for £10 in the Luxembourg game when they were 3-2 down with 5 minutes to play on the basis that they had (amazingly for them)somehow managed to score 2 so they could possibly get a third.

The best price of those was Latvia at Andorra at 2/5 where I thought (with Andorra's record) should have been nearer 1/5.
It struck me as one of those "too good to be true" bets but we all know that it doesn't always work out.

Feel a bit sorry for LUX. They equalised in the 91st min, only for Bulgaria to get the winner in the 92nd.

cheers.

This was on the Sky red button. Lux were "very good" and played like they were the home team. They have some excellent young players coming through. But they lost, fair enough. 4-3. They are in a tough Group with France, NL and Sweden, aswell as Belorus and Bulgaria, doubt they'll get many points. I'll go to the home games.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Sep 2016 14:25

Who is gonna win the T20 today between Aussies and Lankans?
Are the Lankans a good bet at 3/1?

double d

by double d » 09 Sep 2016 14:26

I don't have a clue about Cricket. Nor do you it seems. Don't bother betting on something that you need to ask advice on.
Have you ever seen somebody walk into a bookies and ask what bet to put on?!

I'm doing a win and btts double on rg and real sociedad

double d

by double d » 09 Sep 2016 14:27

I don't have a clue about Cricket. Nor do you it seems. Don't bother betting on something that you need to ask advice on.
Have you ever seen somebody walk into a bookies and ask what bet to put on?!

I'm doing a win and btts double on rg and real sociedad

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Sep 2016 14:41

Sri Lanka have already lost a wicket. The only bet I'm considering at the moment is to lay Ipswich. I want their price to drop a bit from 3.9 though. I want to lay them around 3.45 if possible.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Sep 2016 14:41

TF, sat at his computer.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Sep 2016 14:50

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol:

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 09 Sep 2016 15:36

Plymouth, Aldershort, Everton - 6.37/1

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 09 Sep 2016 15:38

double d I'm doing a win and btts double on rg and real sociedad

who do you gamble with? I am with Skybet and often find bets on here people talk of which are not even available on Skybet. If I put those into mine they only come up as individuals, it won't allow me to bundle it as a double

double d

by double d » 09 Sep 2016 15:47

Winston Smith
double d I'm doing a win and btts double on rg and real sociedad

who do you gamble with? I am with Skybet and often find bets on here people talk of which are not even available on Skybet. If I put those into mine they only come up as individuals, it won't allow me to bundle it as a double

Bet with Coral and have since i put my first bet on. That is strange that they don't do BTTS double, everybody else does.

7764 posts