THE BETTING THREAD

7764 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: THE BETTING THREAD

by Top Flight » 18 Oct 2016 11:52

double d Also do you have a Mrs TF? I let (out of courtesy) Mrs DD know what I'm betting etc *have some money aside for it and let her know how much so as not to take the piss*

Does Mrs TF know about this? I can't imagine she would he best pleased.

Mrs Top Flight does not know about this. If I tell her that I am betting then she will just get all the wrong ideas and think that I am blowing loads of money which I am not.

First thing to remember. This is is the same £200 that I started with back in July. I have not topped up my account once. I started with £100 in Betfair and £100 in Bet365. I managed to get Bet365 up to I think it was £240 before it dropped back to £160. I withdrew £160 from Bet365 because it became obvious that I wouldn't be able to hit the grand on Bet365. I acknowledged that I just got lucky on Bet365 with a couple of flukey wins and decided to bail out of there early and concentrate on Betfair. So I exited Bet365 with a £60 profit which can be offset against the £100 on Betfair. It means that I am now only playing with £40 of my own money and I am £400 up so far.

If I do blow the whole Betfair account then I will have lost just £40 of my own money. I could withdraw £40 at this point and go from £400 on Betfair and try to reach the grand from £400. That way if I do blow everything now, I won't have lost any of my own cash.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 Oct 2016 11:54

Top Flight I won't have lost any of my own cash.

YET!!!

Do you honestly believe, that if you lost all your bank today, you wouldn't be pumping another £1/2/300 in within a few hours/days to try and win it all back?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Oct 2016 12:01

Sanguine
jd82 You willing to admit you're addicted you TF?

WIth nearly 30 bets over three days, with barely a couple of hours between wagers? Don't be silly.

With the A-League season now underway, Sunday was just match after match after match. There were games on constantly. My wife did notice that I was constantly watching a game on Sunday. She is definitely becoming aware of the amount of football that I am watching and the sheer variety of it. One minute I'm watching (and betting which she doesn't know) on Wolfsburg women v Chelsea women, then it's games from Australia, America, Brazil, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, England. She is beginning to notice and is surprised that I am taking such an interest in such random games like Union Berlin of the Second tier in Germany against Hannover and Under 23s football etc.

On Sunday, my lad does Kickboxing from 10am to 11am. I sent him into his class and then I was sitting in the cafe with my little girl watching Perth Glory against the Wellington Phoenix on my ipad and sipping a cappuccino.

I guess it is getting a bit ridiculous. I am actually getting a bit tired of all this football.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Oct 2016 12:10

From watching all of this football, I have learnt some interesting things.

First of all Palmeiras who are top of Brazil's Serie A, do not play out from the back. They are quite direct.

Secondly, I have kept a close eye on the teams that do play out from the back and all of them are useless at it. The amount of mistakes that teams make and put themselves under unnecessary pressure. I have seen teams playing out from the back in Italy, Spain, Brazil, USA, Australia, England, Holland, pretty much everywhere, it is the new 'IN' thing. The more I see of it, the less I like of it. So many teams do it so badly. The only team who do this well are Barca and they only do it well when Messi and Iniesta are on the pitch otherwise they too are rubbish at playing out from the back. I think it is a bad idea. It creates more trouble than it's worth.

On the positive side though, Reading actually play out much better from the back than most teams I have seen. So I guess Stam is a good coach and fully understands how to do this system well, so I am still open minded and hopeful that Stam, with the right players can take us places with this system.

Another thing I have noticed are so many good players playing around the world. I have seen some good players in MLS, in Brazil's Serie A, and around the world that could certainly improve Reading's team.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 18 Oct 2016 12:43

Top Flight

I'm not willing to admit that I am addicted. But I am willing to admit that I am unable to control myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Oct 2016 12:48

jd82
Top Flight I won't have lost any of my own cash.

YET!!!

Do you honestly believe, that if you lost all your bank today, you wouldn't be pumping another £1/2/300 in within a few hours/days to try and win it all back?

No, I honestly don't think I would. My task is clear. It was to turn £200 into £1000 by the end of the season. I have withdrawn £160 from B365 so my task is to turn £40 in to £1000 this season on Betfair. I have got to £448 so far. If I blow it, then that will be me done for this season. I'll try again next season. At this moment, I don't know if I will be able to make it. I'm not confident at all. It's going to be interesting.

Maybe I should draw down £40. Then at least, if I do blow everything, I won't have lost any of my money.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 Oct 2016 13:01

A short trawl back through the pages would suggest that you aren't particularly good at sticking to your self imposed plans.. bankroll management anyone??

This has absolutely no effect on my life, so i don't actually care beyond the confines of this thread, but i genuinely think you are kidding yourself.. You've already admitted your 'lack of control' over your gambling had started to affect your home and work life. Maybe time to take a step back m8.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Oct 2016 13:35

jd82 A short trawl back through the pages would suggest that you aren't particularly good at sticking to your self imposed plans.. bankroll management anyone??

This has absolutely no effect on my life, so i don't actually care beyond the confines of this thread, but i genuinely think you are kidding yourself.. You've already admitted your 'lack of control' over your gambling had started to affect your home and work life. Maybe time to take a step back m8.

Most of the time, I do stick to the rules, but when I suffer a few losses or one big loss I have a tendency to lose my head and do stupid things. I can't seem to keep on top of that. It always happens.

I am going to take a step back for a few days. I'm definitely not betting tonight. I'm just going to enjoy the Villa game. Luckily, I'm still in a good position. I have suffered a major setback. I just have to calm down now and start again from £448.

How can I stop losing my head when I have suffered a few small losses or one big loss?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Oct 2016 14:19

Top Flight
How can I stop losing my head when I have suffered a few small losses or one big loss?

Don't bet.

The fact that you can't see that you 'losing your head' is an example of your addiction is seriously worrying.

Generally when people lose £150, they don't think 'fcuk it, I'll just spunk £200 more.'

You were watching Australian A-League during 'family time'. Get a grip!

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 Oct 2016 15:26

just from the first website i came across.. http://www.jeu-aidereference.qc.ca/www/ ... asp?cmpt=2

Ten signs of a gambling problem:

Lying
Chasing losses
Borrowing money
Always betting more
Being obsessed with gambling
Being unable to stop gambling
Gambling out of need
Gambling to forget
Stealing or committing fraud to gamble
Gambling because it is the most important thing in the world

Answer honestly, how many are you.. i've got you on 5/10.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Oct 2016 10:04

Not sure if everyone is intent on winding Top Flight up or he is on a big wind up himself but any talk of a gambling addiction etc etc is ruining this thread.

For what it's worth and unless I am reading the posts wrong I don't see a lot wrong in what he is doing. Yes watching random A league games is a bit dramatic but using existing funds he is having a play with his wins and losses going up and down.

Leave him be and let's enjoy French league 2 on Friday.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 19 Oct 2016 12:13

As the advert says "when the fun stops, stop."

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 19 Oct 2016 15:14

Well, yesterday I did take a breather. The fun had stopped and I stopped.

I'll probably stay out of the betting arena again tonight and then get back up and running again for the weekend games.

I could quit right now and take a £400 profit. But that wasn't the challenge. The aim is to get to the grand. I'm just disappointed that I was down to my last bet from a £600 account. I had got down to one bet when I was betting with a much smaller £100 account in the early days. But I kind of expected that might happen when the account is small. I escaped that close call and managed to build up to a £600 account. I should never have allowed myself to get into such a palava that I was one bet away from total devastation from a much better position.

PaulTheRoyal, I think they are winding me up a little bit with constant accusations of me having a gambling addiction, but I am not addicted at all. I am playing until either my account blows up then I will have lost £40 or I get to the grand. Whichever happens first.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 19 Oct 2016 18:24

Sounds like lots of mug gambling bets on this thread in recent weeks

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 19 Oct 2016 20:55

RG30 Sounds like lots of mug gambling bets on this thread in recent weeks

And plenty of good bets as well.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 20 Oct 2016 08:37

Top Flight

I'm not willing to admit that I am addicted. But I am willing to admit that I am unable to control myself.

Never mind, I was going to bring a bit of satire in at this point but I can see TF has got it covered.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2016 09:15

Top Flight I'm just disappointed that I was down to my last bet from a £600 account.

If I read your bet history correct you weren't, you lumped your 'last' £200 on the Liverpool v United game.
Don't excuse your appalling bankroll management.

And you are addicted. I probably wouldn't make life judgements if I knew you properly - but question why you are spending family time watching A-League football so you can win a bit of cash, or watching football at work, or watching so much football the wife has mentioned it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2016 16:39

I won £470 off £3 last night, on a completely spawny double on the horses :D

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 21 Oct 2016 14:17

Mulling over an Everton, Rochdale & Brighton treble at 10/1

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Oct 2016 15:29

Pepe the Horseman I won £470 off £3 last night, on a completely spawny double on the horses :D

Well done - good to hear stories like that

7764 posts