THE BETTING THREAD

7764 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: THE BETTING THREAD

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Sep 2017 08:25

Pepe the Horseman
Winston Biscuit Shrewsbury & Notts County- 7.4/1

On a level bruv, but I got greedy and added Accrington to take it up to 15/1. Top of the league Shrewsbury are 12/5 to beat 12th place Blackburn. Mentz.

Yeah I was surprised at the odds on both Notts and Shrewsbury considering league positions but I am wary that Shrewsbury could just be on a nice little early season run, and Blackburn are better than their league position suggests imo as they screwed up their first 3(?) games so are playing catchup if you will

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Sep 2017 08:36

Winston Biscuit
Pepe the Horseman

On a level bruv, but I got greedy and added Accrington to take it up to 15/1. Top of the league Shrewsbury are 12/5 to beat 12th place Blackburn. Mentz.

Yeah I was surprised at the odds on both Notts and Shrewsbury considering league positions but I am wary that Shrewsbury could just be on a nice little early season run, and Blackburn are better than their league position suggests imo as they screwed up their first 3(?) games so are playing catchup if you will

And what if I won't?

double d

by double d » 23 Sep 2017 15:48

80/1 winner. Sky treble special on lukaku, morata and lasogga to score 1st!!!!!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Sep 2017 17:16

Cashed out with 10 minutes to go for my best win of the season 8)

double d

by double d » 24 Sep 2017 10:55

Top Flight I've been getting into sports betting big time in the last 12 months. I'm convinced you can make good money on it. Why do I think that. A couple of times I've started off with a tenner and managed to grow my betting account to around £900 the first time and then £2000 the second time before blowing it all up through total stupidity.

This time, I want to try and do it all again and eliminate the stupidity and actually withdraw the money before I lose it all.

This season I started with £100 in Bet365 and so far I'm up to £115. And I put £100 into Betfair and am currently down to £60.

I've had a mixed bag of results lately. I laid off Portland Timbers in their game against LA Galaxy to take £25 profit. But then I lost £16 when I laid off the New York Red Bulls who thrashed New York City last night. I also laid off Gremio against Sao Paolo but they won losing me a bit more.

I seem to have done well betting on Baseball on bet365. Which is why that account is up. I correctly backed the Orioles to beat the Indians which they did and the Giants to deal with the Yankees which they also did.

At the moment I'm betting on the MLS, the Brasilian Serie A and the Chinese Super League as they are the leagues open at the moment. The Iran Pro League starts today, so I may place a bet there. Then when the season starts I'll be betting on any leagues that I know anything about and can get some coverage on.

Anyone who can give me a few tips. I would appreciate.

I was watching a bit of Shandong Lunengs game against Shanghai Shenhua the other day. Luneng is the team that PElle has joined. I was going to back Shenhua at 4.5/1 but then their price dropped to 4s and I was waiting for the price to come back to 4.5 before placing my bet. Then Shenhua took the lead and I missed the opportunity to win some money. I'm going to try not to be such a greedy bast*rd next time around.

Today Tractor Sazi kick off their Iran Pro league campaign against the reining champions Esteghlal Khuzestan. Tractor are the favourites at 1.85 and the champions are priced out at 4.5. Surely backing the champions in their first game of the season at 4.5 looks a good idea.
I don't know what the story is over there. Maybe they sold their best striker or something during the off season. I will watch the first 15 minutes and then decide whether to make a bet.

Rangers are in action tonight but at 1.12 it's not worth the risk. Stranraer aint gonna win so that might be best to leave alone.

Anyone got any betting ideas for today's fixtures?

Remember this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder how our betting friend is doing now? I am going to entertain myself by reading this entire thread from this point onwards until TF stopped posting.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Sep 2017 11:09

double d
Top Flight I've been getting into sports betting big time in the last 12 months. I'm convinced you can make good money on it. Why do I think that. A couple of times I've started off with a tenner and managed to grow my betting account to around £900 the first time and then £2000 the second time before blowing it all up through total stupidity.

This time, I want to try and do it all again and eliminate the stupidity and actually withdraw the money before I lose it all.

This season I started with £100 in Bet365 and so far I'm up to £115. And I put £100 into Betfair and am currently down to £60.

I've had a mixed bag of results lately. I laid off Portland Timbers in their game against LA Galaxy to take £25 profit. But then I lost £16 when I laid off the New York Red Bulls who thrashed New York City last night. I also laid off Gremio against Sao Paolo but they won losing me a bit more.

I seem to have done well betting on Baseball on bet365. Which is why that account is up. I correctly backed the Orioles to beat the Indians which they did and the Giants to deal with the Yankees which they also did.

At the moment I'm betting on the MLS, the Brasilian Serie A and the Chinese Super League as they are the leagues open at the moment. The Iran Pro League starts today, so I may place a bet there. Then when the season starts I'll be betting on any leagues that I know anything about and can get some coverage on.

I was watching a bit of Shandong Lunengs game against Shanghai Shenhua the other day. Luneng is the team that PElle has joined. I was going to back Shenhua at 4.5/1 but then their price dropped to 4s and I was waiting for the price to come back to 4.5 before placing my bet. Then Shenhua took the lead and I missed the opportunity to win some money. I'm going to try not to be such a greedy bast*rd next time around.

Today Tractor Sazi kick off their Iran Pro league campaign against the reining champions Esteghlal Khuzestan. Tractor are the favourites at 1.85 and the champions are priced out at 4.5. Surely backing the champions in their first game of the season at 4.5 looks a good idea.
I don't know what the story is over there. Maybe they sold their best striker or something during the off season. I will watch the first 15 minutes and then decide whether to make a bet.

Rangers are in action tonight but at 1.12 it's not worth the risk. Stranraer aint gonna win so that might be best to leave alone.

Wonder how our betting friend is doing now? I am going to entertain myself by reading this entire thread from this point onwards until TF stopped posting.

Shall we do the challenge again Double D? £100 into £1000

double d

by double d » 24 Sep 2017 11:19

Top Flight
double d

you can do it, i am just doing a 5ver a week. how is your betting going this year?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Sep 2017 12:29

Odds:
City 10/11
United 13/5
Chelsea 5/1
Spurs 14/1
Liverpool 25/1
Arsenal 30/1

Haven't done the numbers but think Chelsea at 5/1 is a little long

I don't think they'll win but that price will defo come in

double d

by double d » 24 Sep 2017 18:25

Top Flight Anyone have any betting ideas for today? England are playing Pakistan in the cricket. England are 1.53 and the Pakistanis are at 4.75. Anyone have any thoughts on this fixture? I'm not sure whether to bet on this. I haven't faired too well in the cricket so far. I backed England to beat Pakistan in the first test and they lost. So I backed Pakistan in the second and they lost. I backed Australia to beat Sri Lanka and they lost, but fortunately on that one, I cashed out for a £3 profit as Mendis was taking the Aussies apart. I then backed Middlesex last night and they lost as well. So, I may stay out of the cricket.

The Aussies and Sri Lanka meet again tomorrow for their second test. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Sep 2017 12:04

A couple of mammoth fixtures in the EFL tonight, none more so that Chesterfield v Yeovil Town which will boost any accumulator for those willing to take a punt. I'd probably go for a home win just about on the basis that Yeovil haven't won away this season and Chesterfield beat Vale a few games ago.

Any other tips?

double d

by double d » 26 Sep 2017 12:07

Liverpool to lose

Cardiff and Leeds btts

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Sep 2017 23:58

double d
Top Flight
double d

you can do it, i am just doing a 5ver a week. how is your betting going this year?

I'm feeling happy that I didn't back us to beat Millwall tonight. I was close to putting £100 on it last night.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Sep 2017 16:53

Norwich 17/10

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Sep 2017 16:59

Boro, Bradford, Accrington. 8/1

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Oct 2017 14:11

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Oct 2017 09:45

Winston Biscuit .

Hi mate, I noticed you didn't react to my great win last weekend...

Any tips for tomorrow? I see Vale have a new manager and are at home to indifferent Grimsby - fancy a home win there?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2017 09:47

John Smith
Winston Biscuit .

Any tips for tomorrow? I see Vale have a new manager and are at home to indifferent Grimsby - fancy a home win there?

did see it and meant to say something, a belter of a win i must say!

haven't even looked through the fixtures yet tbh, Friday afternoons at work is my gambling time

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Oct 2017 10:02

Winston Biscuit
John Smith
Winston Biscuit .

did see it and meant to say something, a belter of a win i must say!

haven't even looked through the fixtures yet tbh, Friday afternoons at work is my gambling time

Thanks mate. Fejiri Okenabirhie notched in injury time to my delight.

Looking forward to hearing your recommendations.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2017 10:03

you have more faith in my betting abilities than I do

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2017 10:44

Accrington Vs luton looks interesting to add to an acca. 2 form teams, Accrington 2/1 and Luton 7/5 but Luton have only won 1 away game this season and Accrington have a good home record.

7764 posts