European Leagues Thread 2012/2013

5197 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: European Leagues Thread 2012/2013

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 10:19

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
John Smith Yes, fully agree and would love to watch this. Could you imagine Crawley v Port Vale on a Thursday night?!

I would love that. I really enjoy the blood and thunder of League 1 and 2.

Does the International break go?

I don't think it can go but more should be done to promote lower league domestic football during this time. It is a huge missed opportunity by the Football League to get more people into League 1 and 2.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 12 Oct 2018 10:25

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Old Man Andrews
I would love that. I really enjoy the blood and thunder of League 1 and 2.

Does the International break go?

I don't think it can go but more should be done to promote lower league domestic football during this time. It is a huge missed opportunity by the Football League to get more people into League 1 and 2.

I do not think it can go, they need to use it for quals for Euros and WC etc.

I think the cash cow that is Sky are acting irresponsibly by not doing more to promote the lower Leagues. There should be at least 4 games on during the international breaks and at least 1 on a regular weekend. They could be doing a lot more to promote the L1 and L2 football, like BT do with National Legaue (although who watches BT?).

It is a shame that the football league show has been relegated to a channel thought less if then ITV 4+1. Quest is an utter joke channel. What type of message does that send to fans and players?

Especially even worse considering that utter pillock of a host.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Oct 2018 10:44

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
John Smith Does the International break go?

I do not think it can go, they need to use it for quals for Euros and WC etc.

I think the cash cow that is Sky are acting irresponsibly by not doing more to promote the lower Leagues. There should be at least 4 games on during the international breaks and at least 1 on a regular weekend. They could be doing a lot more to promote the L1 and L2 football, like BT do with National Legaue (although who watches BT?).

It is a shame that the football league show has been relegated to a channel thought less if then ITV 4+1. Quest is an utter joke channel. What type of message does that send to fans and players?

Especially even worse considering that utter pillock of a host.

Agreed it would be good that Sky should show more L1 and L2 games but it is interesting* to note that all L1 and L2 games on Saturday's are available via iFollow live now, which could be beneficial going forward.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 13 Oct 2018 10:19

Henry is the new Monaco boss. Good appointment.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 Oct 2018 10:59

Kulshaw72RFC Henry is the new Monaco boss. Good appointment.

Well, he's unproven. I don't think his analyses as a pundit on Sky ever seem particularly insightful, although he is certainly forthright in his opinions. Will be interesting how he transitions to becoming the boss.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2018 10:59

How would you know if it is a good appointment or not? What a dumb statement.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Oct 2018 11:16

Sanguine

Well, he's unproven. I don't think his analyses as a pundit on Sky ever seem particularly insightful, although he is certainly forthright in his opinions. Will be interesting how he transitions to becoming the boss.

Same as Gerrard for me. I thought he was going to fail big time at Rangers but proving me wrong.

I think these modern day footballers are really going to be good managers, they have a different way of playing football in the modern era and it is easier to transition it into football now rather then have some dinosaur like Pulis or Mark Hughes as a boss. Even Joey Barton is doing well.

I think Henry will be a good boss. He has worked with top class players, been assistant to one of the best teams in the world and worked under arguably the 2nd best ever manager in the premier league.

No idea what Kes said below so will assume he thinks the same as you. Let's just wait and see.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Oct 2018 15:38

Arrests a few days ago in Belgium over match fixing and fraud

Among those arrested are the countries two 'top' player agents, 2 top level refs, manager of Club Brugge who won the league last year and a director of Anderlecht

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Oct 2018 13:49

Real Madrid break the club record for the longest run without scoring a goal - 7 1/2 hours.

What on earth happened there this summer to mean they now score so few goals?.......

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Oct 2018 14:10

Real Madrid lose again. Played 9 won 4 so far in the league.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 20 Oct 2018 14:39

Winston Biscuit Real Madrid lose again. Played 9 won 4 so far in the league.

And Alaves top.

Hoping they can hold out, Celtic and Bayern don't win the league too.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Oct 2018 21:00

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 20 Oct 2018 23:01

Winston Biscuit

:lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Oct 2018 08:38

Real Madrid down to 7th, could be down to 8th tonight and if they lose away to Barca next week while results go against them then they could be bottom half of the table by the end of next weekend

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Oct 2018 08:54

Winston Biscuit Real Madrid down to 7th, could be down to 8th tonight and if they lose away to Barca next week while results go against them then they could be bottom half of the table by the end of next weekend

If they lose to Barca the manager is gone.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Oct 2018 10:51

Bayern won 3-1 at Wolfsburg at the weekend despite Arjen Robben being sent off midway through the second half. But the leaders kept up their pace Moenchengladbach, Werder Bremen and Dortmund all won, the latter 4-0 from just 4 shots on target, including a goal for Jadon Sancho, and another one for Paco Alcacer, who now has a slightly silly 7 goals in just 126 minutes on the pitch in the league.

Luka Jovic scored 5 for Eintracht Frankfurt in their 7-1 win over Fortuna.

PSG made it 10 wins from 10, and 37 goals scored, with a 5-0 win over Amiens. No-one has stopped them scoring at least three times yet.

At least Juventus dropped points, although I don't see Serie A being much more exciting than Ligue 1.

PSV have won 9 from 9 in the Eredivisie.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 11:01

Sanguine Bayern won 3-1 at Wolfsburg at the weekend despite Arjen Robben being sent off midway through the second half. But the leaders kept up their pace Moenchengladbach, Werder Bremen and Dortmund all won, the latter 4-0 from just 4 shots on target, including a goal for Jadon Sancho, and another one for Paco Alcacer, who now has a slightly silly 7 goals in just 126 minutes on the pitch in the league.

PSG made it 10 wins from 10, and 37 goals scored, with a 5-0 win over Amiens. No-one has stopped them scoring at least three times yet.

At least Juventus dropped points, although I don't see Serie A being much more exciting than Ligue 1.

The French league is a joke, can't see the other clubs standing for the PSG dominance much longer.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Oct 2018 11:09

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Bayern won 3-1 at Wolfsburg at the weekend despite Arjen Robben being sent off midway through the second half. But the leaders kept up their pace Moenchengladbach, Werder Bremen and Dortmund all won, the latter 4-0 from just 4 shots on target, including a goal for Jadon Sancho, and another one for Paco Alcacer, who now has a slightly silly 7 goals in just 126 minutes on the pitch in the league.

The French league is a joke, can't see the other clubs standing for the PSG dominance much longer.

Didn't Lyon win at Man City recently? :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 11:11

Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews

I had no idea that fixture was played in the French league........

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Oct 2018 11:14

Old Man Andrews
Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews

I had no idea that fixture was played in the French league........

It is just an example of the capability of a team other than PSG.
Has anything happened to stop the dominance of Bayern Munich,Juventus or Celtic?

5197 posts