Hob Nob Legend

Re: European Leagues Thread 2012/2013

by Silver Fox » 27 Jun 2018 16:35

2 year ban

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Jun 2018 16:44

I'd missed this but PSG on the other hand got away with it.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... unds-rules

Which is a bit of a joke really.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jun 2018 17:20

genome Things have gone a bit batshit crazy at Sporting Lisbon since the attack on their training ground.

Bas Dost, William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, and Bruno Fernandes have all terminated their contracts. Rui Patricio and Daniel Podence have already left, and manager Jorge Jesus has upped sticks to Al-Hilal.

Sorry, I missed all that, what’s the story behind it, why would they attack their own clubs training ground? Were the players and management there at the time? Was it a full blown smashing up of the place or just a demo?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Jul 2018 10:29

Sutekh
genome Things have gone a bit batshit crazy at Sporting Lisbon since the attack on their training ground.

Bas Dost, William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, and Bruno Fernandes have all terminated their contracts. Rui Patricio and Daniel Podence have already left, and manager Jorge Jesus has upped sticks to Al-Hilal.

Sorry, I missed all that, what’s the story behind it, why would they attack their own clubs training ground? Were the players and management there at the time? Was it a full blown smashing up of the place or just a demo?

Full blown smashing up of the place and beating up of players.

They were unhappy about Sporting blowing the league towards the end of the season.

They are now up to 7 players I think who say they have taken legal advice and terminated their contracts. From what I have read there will likely still be money paid to Sporting for some of these as they will challenge the legality of the cancellation and then challenge the legality of any new club signing them. Much easier for a new club to offer a small amount to get rid of the hassle.

They have some young lad rated very highly that they have turned down big offers for in the past. That will be the big blow.

They brought in a new manager since this, and then he left again. The president also left and insulted the fans on departure.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Jul 2018 08:27

Le Parisien run a story about how there were irregularities when finding PSG clear over FFP. Now it's announced that a reporting judge will be appointed to investigate the original investigation for errors.

From what I read I think they have to make some kind of statement within 10 days as to whether they do consider there to officially have been irregularities and if so they re open the case and start it again. UEFA say that any punishment found will now only come into effect from next summer (presumably to give them time to do a full investigation again)

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Jul 2018 15:03

Zidane joins Juventus as Sporting Director

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jul 2018 07:40

AC Milan European ban overturned by CAS. They said banning from Europe was too severe. A number of reports saying it was actually a fresh injection of cash into the club and promises to sort themselves out that did it. Makes a mockery of FFP if true.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jul 2018 11:29

Winston Biscuit AC Milan European ban overturned by CAS. They said banning from Europe was too severe. A number of reports saying it was actually a fresh injection of cash into the club and promises to sort themselves out that did it. Makes a mockery of FFP if true.

Yep, FFP can do one. What a waste of fcuking time.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jul 2018 09:49

Parma to start next season back in Serie A with a 5 point deduction

Centre forward Emanuele Calaio was deemed to have sent suspicious text messages to old team mates at Spezia just before the clubs played each other in May with Parma needing to win to gain promotion.

Calaio gets a 2 year ban for match fixing. The text messages were 'eliciting a reduced effort' from his old mates

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Jul 2018 12:09

Winston Biscuit Parma to start next season back in Serie A with a 5 point deduction

Centre forward Emanuele Calaio was deemed to have sent suspicious text messages to old team mates at Spezia just before the clubs played each other in May with Parma needing to win to gain promotion.

Calaio gets a 2 year ban for match fixing. The text messages were 'eliciting a reduced effort' from his old mates

I assume he's been caught bang to rights, but it would be interesting to see these texts. If it's a gentle ''don't have your scoring boots on this weekend lads!', then I think Calaio is a little harsh treated.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jul 2018 12:50

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Parma to start next season back in Serie A with a 5 point deduction

I assume he's been caught bang to rights, but it would be interesting to see these texts. If it's a gentle ''don't have your scoring boots on this weekend lads!', then I think Calaio is a little harsh treated.

The first message read: “Hey Pippein [De Col] you better not give me a hard time on Friday my friend,” before two more messages read: “Tell that to Claudiein [Terzi] too”, and “Especially with the relationship you have with me.”

After getting no response, Calaio sent another message several hours later: “However Pippein be calm I was joking, anyways for me it’s the same after all I’ll retire in a bit.”

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Jul 2018 14:12

If he's got a two year ban for that then that's ridiculous.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jul 2018 14:48

written down like that it seems like nothing. But without the context of the relationship these players have, any previous conversations etc it's hard to be sure.

The fact that this only came up as one of the players is reported to have immediately shown it to the manager of the team and said he was not happy with it suggests that Calaio is not innocent. 2 years though? effectively ends his career, does seem harsh.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jul 2018 16:35

I guess after the Calciopoli scandal, anything that could even possibly be related to match fixing is going to see harsh penalties handed down.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Aug 2018 09:59

57,000 in attendance at Hamburg on the opening day of the season in the German 2nd division as they lost 3-0 to Holstein Kiel

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Aug 2018 18:59

Annual Juve A Vs Juve B taking place this weekend. It always takes place in the small town of Villar Perusal, population 4000, where the Agnelli family live

This apparently attracts quite a bit of interest from Juve fans each year with some matches being better attended than others depending on who they have signed that summer. With Ronaldo in the team they say there are now indications that 'tens of thousands' are going to turn up at the match and they are trying to arrange a police presence to help. Not only that but it seems it's tradition for the fans to invade the pitch at the end of the game to mob their players and send them off to the start of the season with some well wishes.

I assume they will be substituting Ronaldo off after 85 minutes and trying to get him out of the ground alive :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2018 09:08

Random fact from 2.Bundesliga

Erzgebirge Aue's kit man is 30 today. Nothing unusual in that but German football has a rule about a club having to have 4 players registered in the first team squad who came through the clubs academy.

As he was briefly in the academy as a child, the club have also registered him as a player. He has never played a minute of football professionally or semi-professionally. As a result, he is actually available as a player on FIFA.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Aug 2018 09:54

Stranded Random fact from 2.Bundesliga

Erzgebirge Aue's kit man is 30 today. Nothing unusual in that but German football has a rule about a club having to have 4 players registered in the first team squad who came through the clubs academy.

As he was briefly in the academy as a child, the club have also registered him as a player. He has never played a minute of football professionally or semi-professionally. As a result, he is actually available as a player on FIFA.

If I've understood correctly - why would the club choose to do that rather than name one of their current academy players in the squad?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2018 10:20

Sanguine
Stranded Random fact from 2.Bundesliga

If I've understood correctly - why would the club choose to do that rather than name one of their current academy players in the squad?

You'd have to ask Aue that but as I can only assume that wasn't an option as was a last minute addition to their squad.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Aug 2018 11:35

We don't have an MLS thread, but Wayne Rooney going, as the video says, 'beast mode' in the 96th minute worth a look. DC United at 2-2 and (bizarrely) their keeper up for a corner that is cleared, Rooney dashes 60 yards back to make a tackle with DC's goal open, before running 20 yards and providing a pin point cross for the assist and winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN0lu04uXVs

5267 posts