Man United could struggle.

RTFC Drummer

Man United could struggle.

by RTFC Drummer » 18 Aug 2008 12:27

Without Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United are nothing! I was watching MOD2 yesterday. Rooney was poor and not a striker who will get you goals on a frequent basis but will get you the odd the magnificent goal here or there. Tevez is just to fat and just plays for the fish and chips after the game, he is to slow and only really good at holding up the ball. With no Cristiano Ronaldo for the next few weeks Man United will find it hard with shrek and the pie man up front.

Last edited by RTFC Drummer on 18 Aug 2008 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Man United will struggle.

by TBM » 18 Aug 2008 12:31

RTFC Drummer Without Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United are nothing! I was watching MOD2 yesterday. Rooney was poor and not a striker who will get you goals on a frequent basis but will get you the odd the magnificent goal here or there. Tevez is just to fat and just plays for the fish and chips after the game, he is to slow and only really good at holding up the ball. With no Cristiano Ronaldo for the next few weeks Man United will find it hard with shrek and the pie man up front.

:?

So you've based this on 10-minute highlights from the first game of the season?

Tevez is very good at closing down the opposition and holing the ball up allowing the midfield to come into play - to say Man Utd are nothing without Ronaldo is crap, they haven't won all that they've won in the past by relying on 1 player :roll:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 Aug 2008 12:33

Tevez, to his credit, scores a decent number of scrappy goals.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 Aug 2008 12:34

No I have always said them 2 would be best in the chippy

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 Aug 2008 12:36

TBM
RTFC Drummer Without Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United are nothing! I was watching MOD2 yesterday. Rooney was poor and not a striker who will get you goals on a frequent basis but will get you the odd the magnificent goal here or there. Tevez is just to fat and just plays for the fish and chips after the game, he is to slow and only really good at holding up the ball. With no Cristiano Ronaldo for the next few weeks Man United will find it hard with shrek and the pie man up front.

Tevez is very good at closing down the opposition and holing the ball up allowing the midfield to come into play - to say Man Utd are nothing without Ronaldo is crap, they haven't won all that they've won in the past by relying on 1 player :roll:

So how many goals did Ronaldo score last season? More than Rooney and Tevez put together..........so they mostly depend on him and unlucky for them he is injured. :lol:

Toadie

by Toadie » 18 Aug 2008 12:39

papereyes Tevez, to his credit, scores a decent number of scrappy goals.

Tevez scores important goals. Look where he picked them up last year. And some quality ones too. You won't see a much better strike than his howitzer against the Hammers last year. United won't struggle. They drew their first game last season, and look what happened. They're a quality outfit, and they've got Nani, Anderson, Tevez, Ronaldo to come back into the side.

I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that Drummer's views, in this case, are complete rubbish!

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 18 Aug 2008 12:40

RTFC Drummer No I have always said them 2 would be best in the chippy

If you actually saw both of these with their shirts off you’d see that there is f*ck all fat on either of them. Both are just short, stocky and well built good footballers.

And LOL @ that post on the basis of some highlights, disregarding the fact that Ronaldo isn’t too far away from full fitness, Nani and Anderson are also to return and there is more than likely to be a new striker added at some point this week.

The same people were making the same comments after United drew 0-0 with Reading on the opening day of last season.

Three tough games coming up though.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Aug 2008 12:43

And they only scored when Taylor was off the pitch, receiving medical attention....

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Aug 2008 12:43

I think there should be an agreement this season TMD. No more cliches or the usual bullsh*t that gets chucked around on here (by you and me especially).

So if (when) Liverpool beat United, no 'Liverpool celebrated like they won the league', and if United beat Liverpool (LOL like that's going to happen) I'll happily admit Gerrard went missing.

Then in May when Liverpool win their 19th League Championship, I'll only rub your nose in it a little bit. Because I'll have Ronaldo leaving to look forward to.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 18 Aug 2008 12:54

cmonurz I think there should be an agreement this season TMD. No more cliches or the usual bullsh*t that gets chucked around on here (by you and me especially).

So if (when) Liverpool beat United, no 'Liverpool celebrated like they won the league', and if United beat Liverpool (LOL like that's going to happen) I'll happily admit Gerrard went missing.

Then in May when Liverpool win their 19th League Championship, I'll only rub your nose in it a little bit. Because I'll have Ronaldo leaving to look forward to.

LOL

Role on our smash and grab on September 13th 8)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2008 12:57

Drawing their opening game last season really hurt Man Utd's season didn't it....

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Aug 2008 13:07

cmonurz I think there should be an agreement this season TMD. No more cliches or the usual bullsh*t that gets chucked around on here (by you and me especially).

Are you on drugs?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Aug 2008 13:07

TheMaraudingDog Role on our smash and grab on September 13th 8)

Roll.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Aug 2008 13:21

RTFC Drummer
TBM

So how many goals did Ronaldo score last season? More than Rooney and Tevez put together..........so they mostly depend on him and unlucky for them he is injured. :lol:

So in that case

Liverpool are nothing without Torres
Arsenal are nothing without Adebayor
Chelsea are nothing without Drogba

:roll:

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 Aug 2008 13:25

No but Ronaldo is the main person to score the goals for United at thats why I think they will struggle unlike Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea who have other people who can score on regular basis and people who make things happen.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 18 Aug 2008 13:31

FAO RTFC Drummer: the purpose of a fishing trip is to make those who reply to you look stupid.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 Aug 2008 13:32

Baines FAO RTFC Drummer: the purpose of a fishing trip is to make those who reply to you look stupid.

:?:

Toadie

by Toadie » 18 Aug 2008 13:34

RTFC Drummer
Baines FAO RTFC Drummer: the purpose of a fishing trip is to make those who reply to you look stupid.

:?:

:lol:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 18 Aug 2008 13:39

United didn't start well last season with a draw at home to Reading and look what they went on to do! Tbh they weren't at their best and that can be put down to injuries and the fact that Newcastle did very well. I'm surprised you're not saying Hull will win the league!

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 Aug 2008 13:43

rg6royal United didn't start well last season with a draw at home to Reading and look what they went on to do! Tbh they weren't at their best and that can be put down to injuries and the fact that Newcastle did very well. I'm surprised you're not saying Hull will win the league!

Once Ronaldo is back they will be fine but could struggle without him. Of course Hull City will win the league :lol: :roll: