The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Hoop Blah » 07 Jun 2017 14:01

Winston Biscuit So where is Lukaku off to do we think?

The talk has been Chelsea, Utd & Bayern who want him and this morning that seems to be heavily on Chelsea now. Very decent player if they can get the best out of him.

Lukaku is a bit of a funny one in my eyes. He's an absolute beast but I think it might just be a bit of a flat track bully and it'll be interesting to see how he copes playing for one of the big teams.

If Costa leaves Chelsea it seems a pretty obvious move to go back there and as good a fit as any for him playing style wise. He might be better off at the more negative and long ball United though but from his comments about winning the Premier League you'd assume he wants to stay in England.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 14:19

Hoop Blah

The talk has been Chelsea, Utd & Bayern who want him and this morning that seems to be heavily on Chelsea now. Very decent player if they can get the best out of him.

Lukaku is a bit of a funny one in my eyes. He's an absolute beast but I think it might just be a bit of a flat track bully and it'll be interesting to see how he copes playing for one of the big teams.

If Costa leaves Chelsea it seems a pretty obvious move to go back there and as good a fit as any for him playing style wise. He might be better off at the more negative and long ball United though but from his comments about winning the Premier League you'd assume he wants to stay in England.

Think he's a huge talent. Would have thought all doubts about his quality would be gone by now and I honestly think he'll be succesful at any club he gets good game time at.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jun 2017 14:38

Hoop Blah

So definitely won't be going to Man United then

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jun 2017 09:15

Sutekh
Winston Biscuit I do think Van Dijk looks very good but that much on one player when you need a number of players?

Why don't Liverpool just find out who Southampton are scouting, nip in before they buy them and save themselves a ton of money?

Liverpool apologise to Southampton and say they won't pursue Van Dijk now.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Jun 2017 09:18

What is all that about? I heard yesterday they apologised and won't go after him any more but I feel like I missed the first part of the story. what have they done that they need to apologise for?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jun 2017 09:32

Winston Biscuit What is all that about? I heard yesterday they apologised and won't go after him any more but I feel like I missed the first part of the story. what have they done that they need to apologise for?

Well Liverpool 'reckon' it was a misunderstanding and have apologised for that. The Premier League say they will take no action. But that's no surprise as it's the media darlings we're talking about here.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Jun 2017 09:36

a misunderstanding about what though??

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jun 2017 09:50

Winston Biscuit a misunderstanding about what though??

No idea. But it does suggest Liverpool were in the wrong in this instance.

Jamie Carragher tweeted this

Jamie Carragher‏Verified account @Carra23 15h15 hours ago
More
Jamie Carragher Retweeted Sky Sports News HQ
FFS! Only person at Liverpool who should apologise is the person who fed the story he wanted to come to LFC when no fee had been agreed.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 08 Jun 2017 12:00

No Fixed Abode

No idea. But it does suggest Liverpool were in the wrong in this instance.

Jamie Carragher tweeted this

Jamie Carragher‏Verified account @Carra23 15h15 hours ago
More
Jamie Carragher Retweeted Sky Sports News HQ
FFS! Only person at Liverpool who should apologise is the person who fed the story he wanted to come to LFC when no fee had been agreed.

Apparently Klopp has been personally involved in persuading Van Dijk to move. Southampton say they haven't given permission for Liverpool to talk to the play, hence the complaint to the Premier League. If Liverpool hadn't done anything wrong, and they were heavily interested in the player, there is no way they would walk away

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Jun 2017 15:21

Curtis Davies gone to Derby for 500k. Good signing that, any other team and you'd expect them to be up there... but seeings how it's Derby they will inevitably fail.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Jun 2017 21:27

A club isn't allowed to talk to a player of another club without their permission. From the things being reported it Liverpool had tapped the player up about signing for them and he'd apparently decided Anfield was the place for him even though Southampton hadn't given permission to talk to him.

Reading between the lines Liverpool have been caught out tapping him up and Southampton have told them to back off or they'll pursue it further and Liverpool could end up being sanctioned (probably a transfer embargo) when they desperately want to be spending on new players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign him towards the end of the window once they've done the rest of their business and if City and Chelsea don't want to stump up the cash to get him.

double d

by double d » 11 Jun 2017 08:46

Man United spend 35 mill on somebody I've never heard of which Shirley means the end for Jones and smalling

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 11 Jun 2017 20:37

double d Man United spend 35 mill on somebody I've never heard of which Shirley means the end for Jones and smalling

What will happen to Shaw?

double d

by double d » 11 Jun 2017 21:07

glass half full
double d Man United spend 35 mill on somebody I've never heard of which Shirley means the end for Jones and smalling

What will happen to Shaw?

Thought he already gone tbh...
He will go too

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 12 Jun 2017 08:48

Possibly. However, they should hang around for the two months it takes for it to become obvious that the 35-million player centre-half isn't as good as the players Man U already had at the club.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 Jun 2017 09:58

A lot of talk that Morata is very close to joining them for €70M too

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Jun 2017 13:18

Winston Biscuit A lot of talk that Morata is very close to joining them for €70M too

Rumour has it they are only being asked to pay that much as they made it clear they would spend that much on Griezmann.
Typical of Ed to play his cards first.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Jun 2017 10:52

Coutinho wants to leave Liverpool for Barca. You can't blame him when one of Europe's biggest clubs comes calling.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jun 2017 10:55

Pickford to Everton for £30m :|

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jun 2017 16:40

Fulham reject £20m bid for Tom Cairney.

Twenty fcuking million

10373 posts