The Non - League thread

10516 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Non - League thread

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Mar 2017 19:55

As expected.

Guess it must be a BIG thank-you for the gate money from all of the clubs that shared the league with them this season.

Great support revenue

Royalist

by Royalist » 26 Mar 2017 08:20

Windsor have launched a petition to try and get the crown estate to give them a longer lease. I'm sure paying the rent owed would be a better start to the negotiations but what do i know!!

Maidenhead pull ahead in the race for promotion i see. I also took a look at the conference table to see how they'd fare with their crowd sizes. Certainly not the smallest club in the league, that's boreham wood, who are mid table! Guessing they have a rich owner as doing so well in that league on crowds of fewer than 500 is some going!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Mar 2017 10:52

Paying rent of £6k when actually you are owed £50k by the same source might be considered weakening your position I'd have thought.

6 years and the debt in favour of the club has grown to £50k - no wonder patience has run s little thin.

Royalist

by Royalist » 26 Mar 2017 11:43

They are not 'owed' anything. The old deal was with Windsor and Eton FC who were liquidated. Windsor FC has nothing to do with any of the old agreements legally.

The whole argument is flawed. I read the crown estate ARE willing to share revenues from the phone masts which is a great offer and they really do not need to do that. Surely its just a case of paying whats owed? A 20 year lease was offered and isn't it 25 years needed to get grants? I can see that easily being agreed without the need for all of this!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Mar 2017 12:10

The Crown do not own the masts. Windsor FC acquired those on acquiring the assets from liquidator of old club.

Obviously I have never seen any agreement but I'd have thought the income from the masts clearly belongs to the entity that owns them, not the landlords. Yes a share of income may be applicable but it is plain wrong that the Crown should be sitting on that income whilst not issuing a viable lease after 6 years, and demanding £6k in back rent before anything can move forward.

Morally reprehensible is the phrase used I believe.

Royalist

by Royalist » 26 Mar 2017 12:26

Do you really think a organisation that doesn't own the masts is able to get money from them? If they had no right to the cash they'd simply not get it from the phone company right?!

Anyway lets not spam this thread with windsor stuff!!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 26 Mar 2017 14:02

..... away from things 'royal' 8) ..... here's yesterday's round-up:

Saturday 25th March

NAT
Macclesfield Town 0-2 Aldershot Town
Woking 2-4 Maidstone United - poor outcome for Cards sees Maidstone hop over them at the bottom - Torquay and York in the relegation places below them have games in hand - both play away this Tuesday at Solihull and Macclesfield. Woking led 2-0 around the half-hour mark too.

NATN
Brackley Town 2-1 AFC Telford Utd
NATS
Bath City 1-2 Wealdstone
Bishops Stortford 0-2 Maidenhead United
Chelmsford City 5-1 Gosport Borough
Concord Rangers 2-0 Hemel Hempstead Town
Hampton & Richmond Borough 1-1 Ebbsfleet United – Fleet levelled on 90’
Margate 1-1 Eastbourne Borough
Oxford City 0-1 Poole Town
St Albans City 1-0 Dartford
Truro City 4-2 Whitehawk
Welling United 0-0 Hungerford Town
Weston-Super-Mare 1-3 East Thurrock United

ILP
Harrow Borough 0-0 Staines Town – repeat of Tuesday’s score
IL1S
Ramsgate 1-0 Godalming Town - defeat and Guernsey's vital win away at fellow strugglers Chatham, confirms 'The Gs' place in the bottom three and probable relagtion to the CCL next season; Most likely Chatham drop to the Kent (SCEL) and Three Bridges to the Sussex (SCL) - that's if I've got the 'new' league names the right way round! :?

SOUTHP
Chesham United 1-3 Chippenham Town
Frome Town 1-0 Slough Town
St Ives Town 0-1 Basingstoke Town
Stratford Town 2-0 Banbury United
SOUTH1C
Aylesbury United 1-0 Egham Town
Beaconsfield SYCOB 1-2 Ashford Town (Mx)Ashtrees nick all three points on 95’
Fleet Town 0-2 Marlow
Hanwell Town 1-4 Farnborough
Histon 1-1 Aylesbury
Kidlington 2-1 Northwood
Uxbridge 2-0 Chalfont St Peter
SOUTH1S&W
Bideford 0-2 North Leigh
Didcot Town 1-2 Yate Town
Salisbury 0-4 Hereford - att 1807
Wantage Town 0-0 AFC Totton
Winchester City 0-3 Barnstaple Town

CCLP
Badshot Lea 1-3 Sutton Common Rovers
Bedfont Sports P-P Spelthorne Sports - presumably ground works not quite completed - re-arr for 29th April.
CB Hounslow United 0-2 Abbey Rangers
Chertsey Town 2-0 Colliers Wood United
Epsom & Ewell 2-2 Farnham Town
Guildford City
1-0 Walton & Hersham
Hartley Wintney 0-1 Horley Town - very rare reverse for ‘The Row’ – only their third of the campaign – Westfield’s narrow win below keeps the Champers on ice for another game.
Knaphill 0-1 North Greenford United
Raynes Park Vale 0-2 Camberley Town
Westfield 3-2 Bedfont & Feltham
Windsor 1-2 AFC Hayes
CCL1 Cup S-F
Redhill 4-1 Ash United
CCL1
AC London 1-1 Staines Lammas
Bagshot {NINE} 9-1 Epsom Athletic
Balham 1-1 Dorking
Chessington & Hook United 2-0 Frimley Green
Cove
1-4 Sheerwater
Eversley & California
5-0 Cobham
Worcester Park 0-5 Banstead Athletic

HELLP
Ascot United 1-5 Highworth Town
Bracknell Town 4-1 Longlevens AFC – att 202 see Robins claw back to 2 points within Thame – both clubs have 2 league games left
Brimscombe & Thrupp 3-0 Henley Town
Burnham 2-1 Royal Wootton Bassett - Blues climb off the bottom above Henley but both clubs almost certain to finish in bottom two. Burnham come to Scours La on Tuesday night – Nomads above them finish with four home games but all look fairly daunting – the crucial one being the visit of Ascot currently scheduled for the Easter Monday, which could decide the last relegation place . The Yellamen have to make three long trips West before that game.

Flackwell Heath 3-2 Tuffley Rovers - Heathens secure third spot as Thatcham held
Thatcham Town 1-1 Lydney Town
HELL1E
Chinnor 1-1 Sandhurst Town
Holyport 2-7 {SEVEN} Headington Amateurs
Woodley United 1-0 AFC Aldermaston
HELL1W
Abingdon United 3-0 Clanfield 85'
Easington Sports 2-1 Letcombe
Shortwood United Res 0-0 Milton United
Tytherington Rocks 0-1 Shrivenham
Supplementary Cup Quarter Finals
Finchampstead 0-5 Fairford Town
Penn & Tylers Green 5-1 New College Swindon
..hadn't looked closely at the draw for this until now but I suspect we might see an intriguing clash of the two sides that are likely to finish a real distance clear at the top of each Division One - (the winners of the ties above). If I've worked it out right P&TG will play Ardley or RWBT in one semi-final; whilst Fairford will come up against the winners of the Q-F between Thame and Nomads.

WESSP
AFC Portchester 2-0 Andover Town
Verwood Town 1-5 Alresford Town
Whitchurch United 0-3 Brockenhurst
WESS1
Christchurch 4-2 Fleet Spurs
East Cowes Victoria 4-3 Pewsey Vale
New Milton Town 0-1 Alton
Romsey Town 1-1 Andover New Street
Totton & Eling 1-2 Tadley Calleva

-- we did get to our Plan A option of Vanarama National Solihull Moors 2-4 Barrow - big 'Stadium' just south of Brum International Airport. Is evidently still a work in progress with an awful lot of temporary seated stands dotted around - large rambling clubhouse too with lots of (small counter) bars - which meant an equal number of slow moving queues in different parts of the building. :|

Barrow were big ugly strong & effective and steam-rollered over Moors to lead 4-0 around the hour mark. Hosts grabbed two goals back and a late Red Card for a visiting FB made for a slight panicky last 10' but Barrow were fairly good at keeping the ball away from areas of threat as the clock ran down. They might yet crash the Play Off places.

Was also a Community Celebration Day which boosted the crowd up to 1820. Numbered among them was a certain 'celebrity RFC fan' or at least well-known to those of us that have followed Royals away over the years - a certain Mr Black trundled in for a footy fix. :mrgreen:

Other thing to note was that SM had Nathan Baxter between the sticks - ex-Chelsea Youth Goalkeeper on loan to the end of the season. Unfortunately culpable for two of the three goals Barrow grabbed in a four minute spell first half - though his back-four went missing on each occasion. He improved vastly 2nd half and showed some good handling up against some fairly big 'units' in the visiting front line.

M'ways behaved back home by 18:45
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 27 Mar 2017 17:35, edited 2 times in total.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 26 Mar 2017 14:20

Royal Rother The Crown do not own the masts. Windsor FC acquired those on acquiring the assets from liquidator of old club.

Obviously I have never seen any agreement but I'd have thought the income from the masts clearly belongs to the entity that owns them, not the landlords. Yes a share of income may be applicable but it is plain wrong that the Crown should be sitting on that income whilst not issuing a viable lease after 6 years, and demanding £6k in back rent before anything can move forward.

I very much doubt WFC own the masts. The service provider will own them and they pay rent for the right to put the masts there. Who then receives the rent will be down to the terms of the existing lease. I've no idea who that is, but if you are dealing with short term 5/10 year leases, then that is normally superior landlord.

Anyway, back on to football:

Flackwell Heath 3 - 2 Tuffley Rovers.

Last game of the season in The Hellenic Prem for the hosts. goals on 88 & 90 finally saw Flackwell's 2nd half pressure tell. They secure 3rd spot.

A pleasant enough ground that's good at playing hide & seek. A secluded entrance that I managed to spot after driving past it twice. The complete lack of a PA system was a bit disappointing, as was the travelling support of 0. I can't ever recall that before, there's always at least 3 or 4 die hards for any club, isn't there? No alcohol permitted in the venue which seems a bit petty for average home crowds of about 70. Still, the glorious weather more than made up for it.

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 26 Mar 2017 17:09

Had a look at crowd attendances this weekend in the National League, I know there were no Prem/Championship games but all of the 12 fixtures had over 1K attending, this included 2 games with crowds over 4K and 6K. These were the attendances of division 4 games when RFC were in that division in the 1970's. National League North also had 2 attendances over 3K. I wonder if this shows the increasing popularity of non league football or is just an anomaly.

Royalist

by Royalist » 26 Mar 2017 18:17

The national league is pretty much, outside of a few clubs, a full time league with decent fanbases providing the cash to support that only 6 average lower than 1000 a game. I'd not be against it going under the umbrella of 'league' football as it's nothing like the majority of non league. National north has some well supported clubs compared to the south 11 of them average over 1000 up north compared to the south with 2.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 27 Mar 2017 01:05

Royal Rother The Crown do not own the masts. Windsor FC acquired those on acquiring the assets from liquidator of old club.

(quote Tony Le Mesmer
I very much doubt WFC own the masts. The service provider will own them and they pay rent for the right to put the masts there. Who then receives the rent will be down to the terms of the existing lease. I've no idea who that is, but if you are dealing with short term 5/10 year leases, then that is normally superior landlord.

Having been involved in negotiations for a telecoms mast locally I can confirm that TLM is correct and would strongly doubt that there is any way Windsor could have acquired them as assets. In the case I am aware of the rental is due to the landowner.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Mar 2017 10:54

Checked back and the telecoms masts are mounted on the floodlights which are the club's assets.

Debatable point as to who should profit from the income I suppose.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Mar 2017 11:13

Absolute mess going on at Basingstoke Town - looks like the chairman is asset stripping the club.

Basingstoke Town have applied to the league to ground share with Farnborough Town for 17/18 season.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 30 Mar 2017 10:09

paultheroyal Absolute mess going on at Basingstoke Town - looks like the chairman is asset stripping the club.

Basingstoke Town have applied to the league to ground share with Farnborough Town for 17/18 season.

It's sad to see, but the writing was on the wall when they announced the Full Time nonsense last year. When club's fall under the control of owners with bad intentions or personal financial issues, there isn't much you can do. Just see Salisbury & Kettering. Basingstoke will probably fold in the not too distant future.

Community Interest Companies are the way forward and clubs who own their ground should look to hold the legal title under some form of Trust that doesn't involve the club owner.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Mar 2017 10:18

Tony Le Mesmer
paultheroyal Absolute mess going on at Basingstoke Town - looks like the chairman is asset stripping the club.

It's sad to see, but the writing was on the wall when they announced the Full Time nonsense last year. When club's fall under the control of owners with bad intentions or personal financial issues, there isn't much you can do. Just see Salisbury & Kettering. Basingstoke will probably fold in the not too distant future.

Community Interest Companies are the way forward and clubs who own their ground should look to hold the legal title under some form of Trust that doesn't involve the club owner.

Such a shame, I quite like the Camrose as a ground too, be a shame to see it bulldozed.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 30 Mar 2017 18:53

Sutekh
Such a shame, I quite like the Camrose as a ground too, be a shame to see it bulldozed.

... indeed : I pop down there a couple of times a season usually - easy to park, nice big functional bar - always pretty busy and of course they've got that gert big stand you can sit up the back of - though I think from all of the taped off bits that either end was slowly falling off. :?

...didn't indulge very often but the food outlet was better than average too and also very popular.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 31 Mar 2017 20:39

...tomorrow's NL programme

Saturday 1st April

NAT
Solihull Moors v Aldershot Town
Woking v Sutton United - not a good midweek for Cards as both Torquay and York record wins - Woking back in the bottom 4.
NATN
Brackley Town v Boston United
NATS
Bath City v Maidenhead United - some news from local media that the B&B Cup Final between MUFC & Hungerford has been set for the last midweek in April – with a possible venue being Bracknell’s fully spruced up Larges Lane [see below re veracity of local press reporting in terms of non-league football.] :wink:
- can’t see why they’d pick one with such infamous parking issues though.
- I believe Dev has objected to the date as they host Ebbsfleet the w/e before and travel to bottom side Margate the following Sat. Not sure how flexible the County FA are likely to be.

-
Bishops Stortford v Oxford City
East Thurrock United v Whitehawk
Eastbourne Borough v Wealdstone
Ebbsfleet United v Welling United
Gosport Borough v Weston-Super-Mare
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Chelmsford City
Hemel Hempstead Town v Dartford
Hungerford Town v St Albans City
Margate v Truro City
Poole Town v Concord Rangers

ILP
Staines Town v Needham Market
IL1S
Godalming Town v Hastings United

SOUTHP
Basingstoke Town v Chesham United
Hayes & Yeading United v Banbury United
Slough Town v King's Lynn Town
SOUTH1C
Arlesey Town v Beaconsfield SYCOB
Ashford Town (Mx)
v Histon
Aylesbury v Potters Bar Town
Bedford Town v Hanwell Town
Chalfont St Peter v Fleet Town
Egham Town
v Kidlington
Farnborough
v Aylesbury United
Kempston Rovers v Uxbridge
Marlow v Barton Rovers
SOUTH1S&W
Bridgwater Town v Didcot Town
Hereford v Wantage Town - this one won’t be for the faint of heart – Bulls celebrating promotion to Southern Prem against the doomed Freds – could be carnage – though they did only lose the reverse fixture 0-1 – were promptly hammered 0-9 in their next home fixture though.

North Leigh v Bishops Cleeve
Paulton Rovers v Winchester City

CCLP
Abbey Rangers v Westfield
AFC Hayes v Raynes Park Vale
Bedfont & Feltham v Spelthorne Sports
Camberley Town v Epsom & Ewell
Chertsey Town v Hartley Wintney
Colliers Wood United v Knaphill
Farnham Town v CB Hounslow United
Hanworth Villa v Windsor
Horley Town v Badshot Lea
North Greenford United v Bedfont Sports
Sutton Common Rovers v Guildford City
CCL1
Ash United v Dorking
Banstead Athletic v Redhill 1st host 2nd but Banstead have a 10 point lead over the 'Lobsters'
Cove v Cobham
Epsom Athletic v Farleigh Rovers
Eversley & California v Balham
South Park Reserves v Sheerwater
Staines Lammas v Worcester Park

HELLP
Binfield v Henley Town - local papers around Sluff suggesting Burnham may be safe from the drop as they seem to be suggesting only one side is going down and that’s almost certainly Henley – but since when have local papers known anything about NL football! :roll: … will delve and report back ……

Brimscombe & Thrupp v Bracknell Town - vital that Robins win and hope Thame stall at Lydney.
Longlevens AFC v Highmoor-Ibis
Lydney Town v Thame United - Thame do seem to get the job done even if a lot of their wins have been narrow margins – by some accounts they really struggled for over an hour at bottom club Burnham; conceded 2 in opening 10‘ before dominating late on. By contrast of late Bracknell have been winning by huge margins but have dropped points unexpectedly at times – in particular earlier in the season. Looking at the goals for though, Thame have actually outscored Bracknell on their home turf.

Oxford City Nomads v Royal Wootton Bassett
Tuffley Rovers v Ascot United
HELL1E
Chinnor v Didcot Town Res
Headington Amateurs v Rayners Lane
Wantage Town Res v Woodley United -Freds Reserves still to register a point in this campaign
Wokingham & Emmbrook v Penn & Tylers Green
HELL1W
Cheltenham Saracens v Abingdon United
Supplementary Cup
Chalfont Wasps v Bourton Rovers
Reading Invitation Cup
Finchampstead v Woodcote & Stoke Row

WESSP
Alresford Town v Whitchurch United Jam Boys in a spot of bother now, beaten 1-4 at home midweek by Bemerton Harlequins whilst Fawley below them, upset all odds by winning 4-3 at the league’s form side Fareham. To stay up Whitchurch need to hope a four point margin is enough, as both sides have four games left. I believe Fawley have big off-field issues associated with the closure of the Waterside Sports & Social Club

Andover Town v Lymington Town
WESS1
Andover New Street v New Milton Town - form-book-tearing-up win for ANS on Wed night when they comfortably beat 2nd placed Baffins 3-1 at Foxcotte Park – nearly went but a bout of cba-ness lamentably overcame me. They host leaders Hamble NEXT Wednesday if my frame of mind is set at less than bone-idle-mode, I might force meself out for that.

Fleet Spurs v Totton & Eling
Pewsey Vale v Christchurch
Tadley Calleva v Folland Sports

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Mar 2017 23:17

Great entertainment at Stag Meadow last night as Windsor's U18s and Academy squad joined forces in the Grant McClellean Cup Semi Final.

Windsor went 1-0 up after 20 mins and looked well in control only to lose possession sloppily in midfield twice allowing Balham to score twice in the space of a minute.

Windsor were glad to get in at half time and sort things out only to concede another shortly after the break. However back we came to score twice around the hour mark and then another with about 10 minutes left to lead 4-3.

Balham had plenty of chances and 1st team keeper Hugo Sobte had to make several fine saves to assure victory.

Recent 1st team games have seen Windsor starting with 7 teenagers with 4 or 5 more on the bench - a number played last night and they looked very good - the less experienced members of the squad looked exactly that.

Whether these local youngsters will grow up together fast enough and stay together long enough to give Windsor a chance of promotion in the next couple of years is probably unlikely but the talent is certainly there.

Very much looking forward to the final.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Apr 2017 23:42

Keeping an eye on the Hellenic League, Bracknell return to the top of the league on goal difference after Thame were held to a 2-2 at Lydney.

With Bracknell having a seven goal cushion in goal difference, it would look to be a simple case of them beating Highworth on Saturday to win the title.

However, Highworth have a bizarre away record, having won 11 or their 14 games do far, so winning isn't quite the home banker it'd seem.

To make things even more interesting, Thame's last game is away to hapless Henley Town, who let in goals like they are being sponsored to do so.

A 2-1 win for Bracknell, coupled with a quite feasible 8-0 win for Thame (Henley lost 0-9 today) would see Thame pip Bracknell on goals scored.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Apr 2017 19:42

.... yesterday's NL results

Saturday 1st April

NAT
Solihull Moors 0-2 Aldershot Town
Woking 2-1 Sutton United – winner from Ugwe on 83’
NATN
Brackley Town 0-0 Boston United
NATS
Bath City 1-5 Maidenhead United hat-trick for Tarpey
Bishops Stortford 0-2 Oxford City
East Thurrock United 2-3 Whitehawk
Eastbourne Borough 5-1 Wealdstone
Ebbsfleet United 5-1 Welling United
Gosport Borough 1-1 Weston-Super-Mare
Hampton & Richmond Borough 0-2 Chelmsford City
Hemel Hempstead Town 2-2 Dartford
Hungerford Town 0-0 St Albans City
Margate 2-1 Truro City – rare win for bottom club
Poole Town 2-1 Concord Rangers

ILP
Staines Town 4-1 Needham Market
IL1S
Godalming Town 1-0 Hastings United - another win for the G’s that’s three in the last six but Guernsey’s draw at home to Carshalton this PM confirms their relegation.

SOUTHP
Basingstoke Town 3-2 Chesham United
Hayes & Yeading United 0-1 Banbury United
Slough Town 3-0 King's Lynn Town
SOUTH1C
Arlesey Town 2-0 Beaconsfield SYCOB
Ashford Town (Mx)
1-2 Histon
Aylesbury 0-0 Potters Bar Town
Bedford Town 2-2 Hanwell Town
Chalfont St Peter 1-0 Fleet Town
Egham Town
3-0 Kidlington
Farnborough
1-0 Aylesbury United – Coles on 2
Kempston Rovers 2-1 Uxbridge
Marlow 1-2 Barton Rovers
SOUTH1S&W
Bridgwater Town 1-2 Didcot Town
Hereford 3-2 Wantage Town att 3484 - twice the Freds took the lead, only to succumb to a 90’ winner for the Bulls from Pablo Haysham
North Leigh 1-0 Bishops Cleeve
Paulton Rovers 2-0 Winchester City

CCLP
Abbey Rangers 1-0 Westfield
AFC Hayes 2-0 Raynes Park Vale
Bedfont & Feltham 1-2 Spelthorne Sports
Camberley Town 2-0 Epsom & Ewell
Chertsey Town 0-0 Hartley Wintney HW crowned champions with this point and Westfield’s defeat at Abbey.
Colliers Wood United 1-0 Knaphill
Farnham Town 0-1 CB Hounslow United
Hanworth Villa 1-2 Windsor - promising recent performances finally yield a good outcome at 3rd placed Villa.
Horley Town 1-1 Badshot Lea
North Greenford United 1-1 Bedfont Sports
Sutton Common Rovers 2-2 Guildford City
CCL1
Ash United 3-1 Dorking
Banstead Athletic 0-0 Redhill
Cove 1-3 Cobham
Epsom Athletic 0-7 {SEVEN} Farleigh Rovers
Eversley & California 1-3 Balham
South Park Reserves 1-2 Sheerwater
Staines Lammas 0-2 Worcester Park

HELLP
Binfield 9-0 Henley Town - H/T 2-0 Ferdinand added three to his 1st half goal - braces for White & Pagliaroli
Brimscombe & Thrupp 1-2 Bracknell Town as above title race twists back in the Robins’ favour but Highworth are a tough proposition where the win guarantees top spot. It is difficult to see anything other than a large win for Thame at Henley – so Bracknell will need to avoid a serious slip and may need a big win to make sure themselves.

Longlevens AFC 3-2 Highmoor-Ibis
Lydney Town 2-2 Thame United
Oxford City Nomads 2-3 Royal Wootton Bassett
Tuffley Rovers 1-0 Ascot United
HELL1E
Chinnor 0-4 Didcot Town Res
Headington Amateurs 5-0 Rayners Lane
Wantage Town Res 0-5 Woodley United
Wokingham & Emmbrook 1-0 Penn & Tylers Green –only P&TG’s 2nd defeat of the season at the Sumas – gives Woodley some outside hope of catching them – 4 games left 6 points behind. More than likely that two wins for Penn from their three remaining games would see them crowned as Champions.

HELL1W
Cheltenham Saracens 0-6 {SIX} Abingdon United
Supplementary Cup
Chalfont Wasps 1-0 Bourton Rovers
Reading Invitation Cup
Finchampstead 1-2 Woodcote & Stoke Row - AET

WESSP
Alresford Town 3-2 Whitchurch United
Andover Town 0-3 Lymington Town
- surprise defeat for leaders Moneyfields gives newly promoted Portland a sniff of catching them; both sides have 4 games left and the gap is 4 points with comparable GD - Portland boosted theirs yesterday with a 6-0 win over Cowes.
WESS1
Andover New Street 1-3 New Milton Town
Fleet Spurs 2-2 Totton & Eling
Pewsey Vale 1-2 Christchurch
Tadley Calleva 1-1 Folland Sports

- managed to get an early PM NL fix before the MadStad game - nipped over to John Nike Leisure for a 14:00 KO in the TVL-P - Berks County 1-4 Hurst - only got Marlow Utd and Cookham Dean to 'tick' in that division now - don't count Woodley Reserves - but there's a chance the firsts might use Bulmershe Pavilion for a Cup Tie again next season.

10516 posts