The Non - League thread

10521 posts
The Informant

Re: The Non - League thread

by The Informant » 13 Jun 2017 10:23

Royal Rother What a fcuking dimlow.

It's a non league football thread - without comments about teams like Winchester, Maidenhead, Wealdstone and Windsor (of which there are plenty) it would be FOC posting up the games each week and little else.

Fool.

Windsor is a shit day out even by non league standards to be fair.

Linden Jones

by Linden Jones » 20 Jun 2017 20:31

Top Flight
And talking about expectations. Wealdstone is a club with no money at all. Yet the fans seem to expect a lot from the club. They want the manager sacked and are so critical of the way the team plays football. I thought Reading fans were harsh on Hob Nob. But Stones fans are ridiculously harsh and unfairly so in my opinion.

They've had plenty of money since the ex Accrington chairman took over a year ago. Hence the heightened expectations last season

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Jun 2017 10:11

Enjoyed the season just gone, went to most of Didcot's games home and away, even though we were good,bad,indifferent all season ended up 11th which after a shocking start wasn't too bad in the end. Got a few new players in around January time which really helped and with all of the squad except 1 staying for next season I'm quietly confident of an outside challenge for the playoffs.

As ever at our level it's all about finance, this season was a write off in terms of the top 5, it was sealed in august when we kicked off in a league including Hereford, Salisbury, Tiverton, Taunton and Evesham. North Leigh spend an absolute wedge every year and still don't make the playoffs.

Ended up doing bits for the club, doing a bit of writing and general helping out on matchdays, absolutely love it and can't wait for August. Our players are a great bunch all local lads who put a shift in and all friendly, hopefully we can add 2 or 3 (although finances are quite tight until the development around the ground gets the final approval) and give it a bit of a go.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2017 11:28

Anyone know when each of the non-leagues will release their fixture lists?

Also when are the draws for the quslifying rounds of the FA Cup, FA Vase and FA Trophy?

The Informant

by The Informant » 23 Jun 2017 12:55

Sutekh Anyone know when each of the non-leagues will release their fixture lists?

Also when are the draws for the quslifying rounds of the FA Cup, FA Vase and FA Trophy?

Wednesday

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2017 15:50

Wow! Conference, Southern League, Northern League, Isthmian League, Hellenic, Combined Counties etc. plus the FA all having their act together on the same day. I shall look forward to that. :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jun 2017 17:27

Just pick yerself up The Non League Paper over the next couple of Sundays.....all will be revealed I'm sure.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 23 Jun 2017 20:42

... not exactly on top of things this early & haven't delved too deep into NLM but what I do know briefly:-

National League Fixtures due out on Wed July 5th - as a general rule the next STEPS cascade down soon after - usually to tie in clubs with groundshares .... and the STEP05/06 leagues have to co-ordinate games around the opening round of the FA Cup which is around the w/e of Sat Aug 5th
....excluding those clubs ineligible (or reportedly too thick to apply in time ## 8)) who may schedule league fixtures.

## i.e. in the Wessex League Baffins AND Hamble will meet in a Wessex Premier game

.... more later - Guinness beckons. :mrgreen:

NOTE Wessex League fixtures are out already in their entirety - they can publish them all simply because they don't allow any groundshares (excl Weymouth Res -any clashes with the firsts, could lead to games being moved to Fri/Sun or even arranging double-headers?)
:- first round of matches midweek Tue 1st Aug - to give sides a 'warm-up' before the FA Cup Extra Prelims

... though the first year a newly appointed Fixtures Sec did this, he/she completely forgot about the FA Cup and jumped the gun, then had to perform a hasty re-draft :lol:
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 25 Jun 2017 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jun 2017 20:53

(again, it's the NLP for the next couple of Sundays :wink: )

Crackin' paper

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 28 Jun 2017 21:44

15th August - AFC Newquay at home to Helston Athletic.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Jun 2017 09:39

Muskrat 15th August - AFC Newquay at home to Helston Athletic.

Should be a cracking pissup, that. Fancy dress then onto Sailors club after?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 29 Jun 2017 11:23

Yep. The Central, Sailors, Berties, then on to Tall Trees :D

Linden Jones

by Linden Jones » 29 Jun 2017 20:03

Four Of Clubs ... not exactly on top of things this early & haven't delved too deep into NLM but what I do know briefly:-

National League Fixtures due out on Wed July 5th - as a general rule the next STEPS cascade down soon after - usually to tie in clubs with groundshares .... and the STEP05/06 leagues have to co-ordinate games around the opening round of the FA Cup which is around the w/e of Sat Aug 5th
....excluding those clubs ineligible (or reportedly too thick to apply in time ## 8)) who may schedule league fixtures.

## i.e. in the Wessex League Baffins AND Hamble will meet in a Wessex Premier game

Berks & Bucks Cup Final held over from last season will be played at Slough on 25th July

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 29 Jun 2017 22:24

... plenty of PSFs (Pre-Season Friendlies) starting locally this w/e.

HOWEVER -
- it's quite normal that clubs DON'T use their first team pitches for these games.
- they often use their own 'practice' pitches, 'borrow' local 3Gs at nearby schools/colleges or even hire lower level grounds in the area (e.g. Hungerford have occasionally played their PSFs at Faraday Rd Newbury FC in the past and several clubs around Woking/Guildford have their warm-up games at Bisley or Chobham )
- also sometimes play 3 x 30' - especially if the weather is warm - though that isn't often normal for July :?

Games are called off at short notice especially involving lower level clubs who can't always raise an XI - so choose carefully if you are thinking of whiling away a Sat PM or midweek evening at one of these (as of course I am :D ) - twittersphere is best for late changes - it's comforting to note that there are usually clubs available to step in at short notice where others 'cry off'.

Sluff open their PSFs with an altogether grander affair on Sat 8th All Ticket game hosting Wycombe Wanderers.

Back to this w/e I'm looking round for 'new' grounds and hoping opponents will appear - probably Bibury v Clanfield or Bovingdon v Hemel though I'm quite tempted by a 14:00 KO at Chobham where Knaphill are scheduled to host Highmoor/IBIS.

Closer to home Taplow play Aldermaston whilst Binfield are supposed to be going up to Wantage - though these two are both Hellenic Premier sides for 17/18 and that usually precludes a meeting pre-season.
... although I'm fairly sure this is still going ahead - no mention of it on the Moles official site but on twitter it's being detailed as a 13:00 KO.

EDIT Announced late last night (Fri) Moles don't have enough players available - Friendly at Alfredian Park OFF, :|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
A list of Bracknell Town's PSFs from their website:

Tuesday 4th July – Hungerford Town (Home)

Saturday/Sunday 8/9th July – 4 team Tournament involving Binfield, Wokingham & Emmbrook, Eversley & California and Bracknell Town

Saturday/Sunday 15/16th July – 4 team Tournament involving Binfield, Wokingham & Emmbrook, Eversley & California and Bracknell Town

Kick of times TBC

Thursday 20th July – Holyport (Away)

Saturday 22nd July – Basingstoke Town (Home)

Tuesday 25th July – Chalfont St Peter (Home)

Saturday 29th July – Uxbridge (Home)

...other selected local clubs to follow as I find them .....

Linden Jones

by Linden Jones » 01 Jul 2017 18:40

Here are Maidenhead United's
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/maidenheadunited/teams/6424/fixtures-results

I believe the match at Windsor is free entry

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jul 2017 08:52

Correct.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jul 2017 11:57

Think Bracknell have a friendly at home to Hungerford tomorrow night.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 Jul 2017 21:21

Sutekh Think Bracknell have a friendly at home to Hungerford tomorrow night.

Yup - sure do - expect Bobby W will bring a big squad too - he used a lot of them this time last year in a PSF at Binfield which made for an entertaining evening

...Crusaders go to Winchester City NEXT Tuesday (11th)

...for those considering getting an early-NL fix there are a a few other friendlies locally tomorrow night (Tue)

18:30 AFC Aldermaston v Mortimer
Alton v Basingstoke Town
19:30 Bedfont Sports v Wealdstone
Bracknell Town v Hungerford Town
19:00 Lyne FC v Cobham - home side based in School Lane - Addlestone (KT15 1TE) will be in SCIL(W) Premier next seaosn and have/had ambitions to progress to the CCL -seem to be located a bit close to Chertsey & Abbey Rgrs and I'm not sure if they can go floodlit where they currently are - often a big challenge for clubs in that area.

18:30 Newbury Town v Abingdon Utd

....Winchester City also host Gosport Borough this Friday evening (7th)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...a fair number of rumours flying about regarding the Hellenic constitution - AGM was yesterday (2nd July) - some things were confirmed:

Ardley Utd have requested to step down to One West reprieving Burnham
Div One West will have 15 clubs; One East 14 - including Virginia Water & Wallingford Town - with quite a few additional sides joining at Div Two - good news is Abingdon Town are back too; though may struggle to get a competetive squad together in time for the start of the campaign.
Carterton are also 're-born' in D2W and are joined by Newent - in D2E Long Crendon and 'London Celtic' are new members; one moving in from the Aylesbury Leagues and the latter from the Middlesex County - possibly developed from the ashes of Ruislip Manor/Tokyngton?

I'm sure there are still plenty of twists in the tale -the biggest rumour appears to be the imminent demise of Henley Town :cry: with the recently demoted Finchampstead's first team squad and manager NOT moving over there as first was mooted a month or so back.
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 03 Jul 2017 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 Jul 2017 21:52

Wealdstone have got Fulham this Saturday.

I fancy going along just to take the p*ss out of those Fulham fans who thought they were Barcelona.
It'll be an under 23 outfit that Fulham put out.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jul 2017 14:15

Four Of Clubs Carterton are also 're-born' in D2W and are joined by Newent - in D2E Long Crendon and 'London Celtic' are new members; one moving in from the Aylesbury Leagues and the latter from the Middlesex County - possibly developed from the ashes of Ruislip Manor/Tokyngton?

Always had problems when I referee'd Carterton - just one of them clubs which followed me for grief but genuinely like the ground and setup there,.

10521 posts