The Non - League thread

10442 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The Non - League thread

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2018 12:31

Sutekh
Royal Rother Thatcham 2-2 Windsor

Not a bad game on a somewhat difficult surface. With the big FA Vase games coming up next weekend both teams rested a few.

Windsor took the lead twice but both times that only lasted 2 minutes. Hard fought game, decent crowd, quite a few Reading badges on view.

How many giving Reading v Derby a miss and going to the Bracknell, Thatcham or Windsor vase games instead?

Doing my best to convince my son to go and watch the Bracknell Town game instead.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 18 Feb 2018 14:57

I'll be at the Bracknell game. The crowd should be quite large, if imagine.

Also went to Aldershot yesterday. They really should be careful what they wish for hoping for a new ground. Was a sight to see the old east bank packed yesterday

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 18 Feb 2018 16:38

Looks like the wheels have come off at Hungerford. Their main financial backer has pulled out. Stefan Brown their best striker left yesterday. Today joint manager John Boardman has left together with assistant Gary Macdonald. Others associated with running the social media have all resigned. Although they are a few points clear of relagation they have a threadbare squad and seem destined to go down.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 18 Feb 2018 19:20

All of the work that Hungerford did to get where they are is all gonna come tumbling down as quickly as it began. Amazingly, the guy who runs the social media has said he's going to keep the twitter account as his own because he started the account. :lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Feb 2018 09:43

What a mess, and what a shame too.

It's all too easy for things like this to happen of course but I always hope that people don't react quite so bitterly but it's an emotional time when the shit hits the fan.

I wonder where Stefan Brown is off to. I can't imagine he'll be short of offers.

EDIT: From a quick read around it looks like Boardman and McDonald have been let go as opposed to walking out as I first thought when reading the news. Sounds like tough times ahead.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Feb 2018 09:56

Alan Curbishley is available.......

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Feb 2018 10:11

Windsor are taking a supporters’ coach to Stockton on a Saturday for the FA Vase Qtr Final.

There are about 20 seats still available. It would be a shame not to fill it, so if anyone is interested let me know and I will give you contact details.

Coach leaves Stag Meadow at 7am, costs £20 and will be back home circa 11.30pm.

A long day but a special one for a small club with no playing budget.

double d

by double d » 19 Feb 2018 12:58

Royal Rother Windsor are taking a supporters’ coach to Stockton on a Saturday for the FA Vase Qtr Final.

There are about 20 seats still available. It would be a shame not to fill it, so if anyone is interested let me know and I will give you contact details.

Can you drink on it?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Feb 2018 12:59

double d
Royal Rother Windsor are taking a supporters’ coach to Stockton on a Saturday for the FA Vase Qtr Final.

Can you drink on it?

Can they leave you there?

double d

by double d » 19 Feb 2018 13:01

Old Man Andrews
double d

Can you drink on it?

Can they leave you there?

Shut up Kes

Warfield ED Stand

by Warfield ED Stand » 19 Feb 2018 13:11

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh
Royal Rother Thatcham 2-2 Windsor

Not a bad game on a somewhat difficult surface. With the big FA Vase games coming up next weekend both teams rested a few.

Windsor took the lead twice but both times that only lasted 2 minutes. Hard fought game, decent crowd, quite a few Reading badges on view.

How many giving Reading v Derby a miss and going to the Bracknell, Thatcham or Windsor vase games instead?

Doing my best to convince my son to go and watch the Bracknell Town game instead.

Me, my son, my mate and his son, all ST holders at Reading will be at Larges Lane Saturday. Wasn't even a contest tbh!!

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 19 Feb 2018 16:15

Planning on doing one of the Vase ties this weekend as well. Either going to Melksham or Bracknell. Bracknell will be the better game I think, but its not a 'tick'.

What is the capacity at Bracknell? Cant be much more than 1500 surely there is very little room around the pitch? Might be an old fashioned lock out.

Warfield ED Stand

by Warfield ED Stand » 19 Feb 2018 16:22

Tony Le Mesmer Planning on doing one of the Vase ties this weekend as well. Either going to Melksham or Bracknell. Bracknell will be the better game I think, but its not a 'tick'.

What is the capacity at Bracknell? Cant be much more than 1500 surely there is very little room around the pitch? Might be an old fashioned lock out.

They are expecting about 1k apparently. It will be packed. Capacity can't be much more than that as it is quite narrow, especially behind the goals. I am planning to be in ( the bar) by 2pm latest just in case.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Feb 2018 16:55

Tony Le Mesmer Planning on doing one of the Vase ties this weekend as well. Either going to Melksham or Bracknell. Bracknell will be the better game I think, but its not a 'tick'.

You can get a couple of thousand in easily. Really hoping they can get a 4 figure attendance, would be awesome for the club.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Feb 2018 16:58

double d

Can you drink on it?

No. Thankfully.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Feb 2018 17:15

Old Man Andrews

You can get a couple of thousand in easily. Really hoping they can get a 4 figure attendance, would be awesome for the club.

I'm not so sure Old Man. Some websites quote the capacity at 2,500 but the ground is apparently a Grade E ground and didn't get a D, but that could just be down to the number of seats, not the total capacity.

I'm tempted to pop along on Saturday as well.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Feb 2018 18:21

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews

I'm not so sure Old Man. Some websites quote the capacity at 2,500 but the ground is apparently a Grade E ground and didn't get a D, but that could just be down to the number of seats, not the total capacity.

I'm tempted to pop along on Saturday as well.

You wouldn't want much more than a thousand in there in its current layout. Those standing wouldn't be very comfortable or see much. I went last day of the season last season and it wasn't exactly comfortable with 500 in.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Feb 2018 09:27

Warfield ED Stand

They are expecting about 1k apparently. It will be packed. Capacity can't be much more than that as it is quite narrow, especially behind the goals. I am planning to be in ( the bar) by 2pm latest just in case.

Probably wildly inaccurate but the most I think I've seen at Bracknell was about 1000 for the Barnet game in the 4th Round qualifying of the FA Cup about 10 years ago.

Presumably Marske will bring a fair few as well. Nice tidy sum for the club on the day though whatever the outcome. Does the gate money get split with the opposition?

Hopefully Marske will agree to play extra time if its needed as a trek up there midweek would be a killer for any club at this level.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Feb 2018 10:02

Sutekh Presumably Marske will bring a fair few as well. Nice tidy sum for the club on the day though whatever the outcome. Does the gate money get split with the opposition?

From what I remember it gets spit once the costs for putting on the game get deducted (so away teams travel claims, ref fees, and sensible stewarding costs etc). Could probably come to a couple of grand for each side.

Warfield ED Stand

by Warfield ED Stand » 20 Feb 2018 10:27

Sutekh
Warfield ED Stand

Probably wildly inaccurate but the most I think I've seen at Bracknell was about 1000 for the Barnet game in the 4th Round qualifying of the FA Cup about 10 years ago.

Presumably Marske will bring a fair few as well. Nice tidy sum for the club on the day though whatever the outcome. Does the gate money get split with the opposition?

Hopefully Marske will agree to play extra time if its needed as a trek up there midweek would be a killer for any club at this level.

There will be Extra Time if needed and the replay would be the following Saurday.

10442 posts