The Non - League thread

10440 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Non - League thread

by Sutekh » 11 May 2018 14:23

Tony Le Mesmer Cinderford sure to appeal being placed in the EAST division (that must be an error), so maybe Thatcham will go East?

Also the East and Central southern leagues are the wrong way round, whats that all about?

Isn't it a misnomer though, it looks more like a Southern League North division rather than an East division while the other is more a Southern Section South and West

Seems that the introduction of the Isthmian having control of the Step 4 league has basically pushed a lot of their clubs from their old North One division into that league and so shunted their main constitution to the west meaning that East Berks, South Bucks and North Hampshire now get placed under their remit whereas before that would have Southern League territory.

I presume that every close season the constitution across these levels would be reviewed with clubs moving according to where its most logical, esp as this is the first season with this make up there's bound to be things to review.

Lastly, missed Highworth being promoted, how did that happen? I thought the 14 Step 5 to Step 4 places were all accounted for?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 May 2018 16:46

Sutekh Lastly, missed Highworth being promoted, how did that happen? I thought the 14 Step 5 to Step 4 places were all accounted for?

With the drop outs above there was an extra space for the side with the highest points per game at Step 5 making up the numbers.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 May 2018 17:25

Hoop Blah
Sutekh Lastly, missed Highworth being promoted, how did that happen? I thought the 14 Step 5 to Step 4 places were all accounted for?

With the drop outs above there was an extra space for the side with the highest points per game at Step 5 making up the numbers.

Thanks, thought I'd caught all the drop outs, but must have miscounted

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 11 May 2018 23:50

Bit of a :shock: as I recognise the name from non league/Sat and Sunday football in the area over the last few years . Played against a few times and always had disciplinary issues.

Kill threat burglar jailed for 11 years in Reading - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44084268

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 May 2018 15:13

Borehamwood 0-1 Tranmere Rovers

7 minutes played

Tranmere reduced to 10 men after 47 seconds

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 12 May 2018 15:15

Sutekh Borehamwood 0-1 Tranmere Rovers

5 minutes played

Tranmere reduced to 10 men after 48 seconds

Hope that idiot who threw that bottle (on cam nontheless) at the players head gets banned for life

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 May 2018 16:03

Double d v2

5 minutes played

Hope that idiot who threw that bottle (on cam nontheless) at the players head gets banned for life

Agreed. An Absolute ****

Half time, it’s now 1-1 with Borehamwood equalising in the 52nd minute after the ref added 6 minutes on and then had to add another couple of minutes after another injury stoppage.

Tranmere have now had to use all 3 substitutions as well.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 12 May 2018 16:34

Sutekh
Double d v2

5 minutes played

Agreed. An Absolute ****

Half time, it’s now 1-1 with Borehamwood equalising in the 52nd minute after the ref added 6 minutes on and then had to add another couple of minutes after another injury stoppage.

come on boreham wood! I would love to see them in the football league!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 May 2018 17:27

Double d v2
Sutekh
Double d v2

Agreed. An Absolute ****

come on boreham wood! I would love to see them in the football league!

Sadly not. Tranmere won 2-1 with a goal in the last 15 minutes. To be fair it was no more than they deserved as Borehamwood looked well short on quality even with an extra man. Even then I think they should have had a penalty in injury time for handball but overall the best team certainly won.

Maidenhead next year perhaps... :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 May 2018 16:18

Now there are 4 divisions at step 3, does that mean the bottom 4 in NLS and the bottom 4 in NLN will be relegated to accommodate 2 promotion places in each Step 3 division?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 May 2018 07:55

Double d v2

5 minutes played

What a oxf*rd prick he is, incredibly thick too. He is sitting in a very sparsly populated area and lobs a bottle. I am sure the police will have a hard time spotting you mate......... Willing to bet a fair bit he isn't a proper Boreham Wood supporter, reckon it will end up being a pissed up daytripper.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 May 2018 14:31

Old Man Andrews
Double d v2

5 minutes played

What a oxf*rd prick he is, incredibly thick too. He is sitting in a very sparsly populated area and lobs a bottle. I am sure the police will have a hard time spotting you mate......... Willing to bet a fair bit he isn't a proper Boreham Wood supporter, reckon it will end up being a pissed up daytripper.

Absolute tosser. Shame the Tranmere player was brought off as a consequence. Ending someone's dream appearance early. Expose the prick immediately. I'll give you 3/1 on Spurs fan still living with his mum from Finchley.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 15 May 2018 13:39

Sutekh Now there are 4 divisions at step 3, does that mean the bottom 4 in NLS and the bottom 4 in NLN will be relegated to accommodate 2 promotion places in each Step 3 division?

There was talk of there being a "Super play off" at Step 3 so that only 6 teams from theat level went up. A terrible idea that goes totally against the whole point of the restructure. Common sesne says 4 down fron Step 2, as there are at Step 1.

Andover have refused promotion to step 4. So will presumably either go down to local leagues or fold. You simply cant force clubs to do something that they cant afford or logistically achieve. For some, it is a death sentence.

I do get the general idea of this restructure, but it will all end in tears. There will be more Andovers to follow.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 15 May 2018 18:19

I'm hoping it'll be a case of short term pain for long term gain. The north/south split was causing problems as it was, and did need sorting out.

The step 4 divisions, due to the number of step 4 clubs they've absorbed, ought to be a bit easier to step up to than they are now. In the end, all clubs will find a level to match their ambition and finances, just as they do now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 May 2018 09:31

tmesis I'm hoping it'll be a case of short term pain for long term gain. The north/south split was causing problems as it was, and did need sorting out.

The step 4 divisions, due to the number of step 4 clubs they've absorbed, ought to be a bit easier to step up to than they are now. In the end, all clubs will find a level to match their ambition and finances, just as they do now.

Believe there is also the intention to add an 8th league at Step 4 so the 4 steps have a divisional symmetry of 1 - 2 - 4 - 8

So a further decimation of Step 5 clubs is on the cards at some point.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 16 May 2018 20:37

.... and the re-shuffling commences - Andover Town have reportedly declared they will NOT be taking promotion from the Wessex Premier, citing retirements and departures from their playing squads.

The general view is this actually entails them dropping a level to Wessex One and sadly no 'big' derby with New Street who were promoted.

This has meant an immediate change for Peterborough Northern Sports & Yaxley from STEP04 North to Southern League Central.
Cinderford have also been shifted West as was expected.

Still going strong with the NL trips though fast approaching barrel-scraping.

Long hauled to Bridport on Saturday and two Cup Finals so far this week:

i) MON MadStad for Reading YMCA 1-0 Cookham Dean - YM halt CD's winning sequence in the Berks Trophy Centre Cup played for by Thames Valley League Clubs.

ii) TUE Hartley Wintney 4-1 Eversley & California @ The ESS / (w)Rec home of the Sh!ts :?

... sofa-time tonight but hoping to get to 2 further Finals this week
:- Thu Surrey Combination League Cup Final Windlesham v Guildford Utd @ Ash Utd KO 19:30

:- Fri Reading & District Sunday League TIlehurst Charity Cup Final Purley v RG Irish @ MadStad KO 19:00

Nothing major around on Sat - thought about Marlow Utd v Newbury but the sides have mutually agreed a 0-0 - will sniff around for something suitable ...

... then for Sun, NL Finals day at Wemberlee - but true to form appear to be virtually f£ck all trains running along the ChilternLine and the Watford-Marylebone Line is closed somewhere. :evil:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2018 13:42

Four Of Clubs .... and the re-shuffling commences - Andover Town have reportedly declared they will NOT be taking promotion from the Wessex Premier, citing retirements and departures from their playing squads.

The general view is this actually entails them dropping a level to Wessex One and sadly no 'big' derby with New Street who were promoted.

This has meant an immediate change for Peterborough Northern Sports & Yaxley from STEP04 North to Southern League Central.

Still going strong with the NL trips though fast approaching barrel-scraping.

Long hauled to Bridport on Saturday and two Cup Finals so far this week:

i) MON MadStad for Reading YMCA 1-0 Cookham Dean - YM halt CD's winning sequence in the Berks Trophy Centre Cup played for by Thames Valley League Clubs.

ii) TUE Hartley Wintney 4-1 Eversley & California @ The ESS / (w)Rec home of the Sh!ts :?

... sofa-time tonight but hoping to get to 2 further Finals this week
:- Thu Surrey Combination League Cup Final Windlesham v Guildford Utd @ Ash Utd KO 19:30

:- Fri Reading & District Sunday League TIlehurst Charity Cup Final Purley v RG Irish @ MadStad KO 19:00

Nothing major around on Sat - thought about Marlow Utd v Newbury but the sides have mutually agreed a 0-0 - will sniff around for something suitable ...

... then for Sun, NL Finals day at Wemberlee - but true to form appear to be virtually f£ck all trains running along the ChilternLine and the Watford-Marylebone Line is closed somewhere. :evil:

Come on now - call it a day - give yourself a holiday, see the wife, take her out.

Done a fab job reporting on the local scene, well done....

Now chill.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2018 14:17

Four Of Clubs .... and the re-shuffling commences - Andover Town have reportedly declared they will NOT be taking promotion from the Wessex Premier, citing retirements and departures from their playing squads.

So I presume that means the Step 5 replacement for them has come from one of the Northern leagues?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 17 May 2018 23:31

Sutekh
Four Of Clubs .... and the re-shuffling commences - Andover Town have reportedly declared they will NOT be taking promotion from the Wessex Premier, .....

So I presume that means the Step 5 replacement for them has come from one of the Northern leagues?

Found this on NL Matters - far from definitive but seems to make sense - will confirm when I have more time to check. 8)

AFC Mansfield are promoted to the NPL East from Step 5 due to being the third placed side with the second best PPG.

...even more shifting expected as: Met Police, Didcot and Evesham have appealed their projected placements for STEP04. On the face of it the last two might easily be 'swapped' - though someone has pointed out that's longer journeys (distance-wise) for Evesham.

mx

by mx » 18 May 2018 18:17

That's a shame - would have been a nice local derby for Winchester City.

We only made it up to the SL SW a few years ago, because someone else turned down promotion. For teams at the extremities of regional leagues, there's a hell of a lot of mileage to do. A lot of players just don't want to do it.

10440 posts