Ashley Williams

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Ashley Williams

by Zip » 24 Jun 2018 22:14

My lad tells me we are being linked with Ashley Williams on a one year loan deal. No idea if this has any validity but he is past his best and given we already have O’Shea I wouldn’t be too keen.
It would mean the Elphick deal is off and surely means Moore would be sold.
Zip junior has added this mystery centre back could also be James Chester. Well yes please to that but Villa will be desperate to keep him and he wouldn’t be sold for less than £10 million.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ashley Williams

by Hound » 25 Jun 2018 06:50

Chester will probz be sold to a lower prem team for 10m or so. Wouldn’t come here

Don’t know how reliable your sons source is, but Williams would be good in this division I reckon. Would make the O’Shea signing (even more) pointless but I’d be in for it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jun 2018 07:35

Hound Chester will probz be sold to a lower prem team for 10m or so. Wouldn’t come here

Don’t know how reliable your sons source is, but Williams would be good in this division I reckon. Would make the O’Shea signing (even more) pointless but I’d be in for it

Yay. A seventh centreback when we only have two strikers and three wingers, only one of whom is actually quality.

Williams was a cracking prem player not that long ago, but unless there's a deal in the works certain to go through for Moore, this - whilst improving the first XI - is ludicrous squad bloat where we don't need it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jun 2018 07:46

Getting a bit worried about Reading turning into an old peoples home. We should be investing in quality younger players with a decent re-sale value like we have with Liam Moore and not spunking a load of cash on knackered older players like Ashley Williams. Anyone see the bloke trying to play last season? He's finished.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jun 2018 09:31

Guys, I had enough of all the premature transfer policy whinging in the O'Shea thread, let's not do it again.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jun 2018 09:33

genome Guys, I had enough of all the premature transfer policy whinging in the O'Shea thread, let's not do it again.

So we all need to be happy about signing very expensive, old centre backs?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jun 2018 09:38

Old Man Andrews
genome Guys, I had enough of all the premature transfer policy whinging in the O'Shea thread, let's not do it again.

No! Ian Royal strawmanned me with that last time. :roll:

Just relax and wait to see what happens. If the window shuts and that's all we've signed then yes, get annoyed. Until then, you don't know who else is going to come in or leave. You don't know what deals the club are working on, and the World Cup is on so the market is moving at a snail's pace anyway.

You're just causing yourself unnecessary worry and stress

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jun 2018 09:43

genome
Old Man Andrews

Just relax and wait to see what happens. If the window shuts and that's all we've signed then yes, get annoyed. Until then, you don't know who else is going to come in or leave. You don't know what deals the club are working on, and the World Cup is on so the market is moving at a snail's pace anyway.

Just for the record if we sign John Terry then it is acceptable to moan right? I just want that assurance that we'd all be on the same page with that one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jun 2018 09:45

Every rule has an exception, yes

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jun 2018 09:45

If we sign John Terry I will quit my job, move to Reading and camp outside the stadium protesting that piece of filth for the rest of life.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jun 2018 10:02

Snowflake Royal
Hound Chester will probz be sold to a lower prem team for 10m or so. Wouldn’t come here

Yay. A seventh centreback when we only have two strikers and three wingers, only one of whom is actually quality.

Williams was a cracking prem player not that long ago, but unless there's a deal in the works certain to go through for Moore, this - whilst improving the first XI - is ludicrous squad bloat where we don't need it.

Agree as things stand we certainly don’t need him

It’s the one thing that has disappointed me so far is the lack of getting rid of the chaff from the squad. The signing would make some sense if we got rid of the likes of McShane and Blackett first

One87One

by One87One » 25 Jun 2018 12:38

Zip My lad tells me we are being linked with Ashley Williams on a one year loan deal. No idea if this has any validity but he is past his best and given we already have O’Shea I wouldn’t be too keen.
Zip junior has added this mystery centre back could also be James Chester. Well yes please to that but Villa will be desperate to keep him and he wouldn’t be sold for less than £10 million.

You wouldn't be too keen?

Someone needs to revise their expectations with a pinch of realism...

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Jun 2018 12:56

Zip My lad tells me we are being linked with Ashley Williams on a one year loan deal. No idea if this has any validity but he is past his best and given we already have O’Shea I wouldn’t be too keen.

Can you qualify this with why your lad might 'know' this?

Apologies If I've missed this in the past...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Jun 2018 16:11

LWJ

Can you qualify this with why your lad might 'know' this?

Apologies If I've missed this in the past...

No worries. It was in regard to the specific Alan Nixon tweet that Reading were in for a centre back on huge wages and that a loan deal might be agreed. It was on Instagram account..... Readingfcsince1871.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Jun 2018 16:14

One87One

You wouldn't be too keen?

Someone needs to revise their expectations with a pinch of realism...

As a Wales supporter who has seen Williams many times I have nothing but admiration for the player. However he is now very slow in thought and deed. He is well past his best. We already have O’Shea. We don’t need Williams too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jun 2018 17:43

genome
Old Man Andrews

close the board til August, genome has spoken. No discussion of potential transfers or how the summer recruitment is going until it's all over.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jun 2018 19:05

Oh ffs :lol:

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 25 Jun 2018 19:14

genome
Old Man Andrews

Getting annoyed at people discussing a rumour in a dedicated "rumours and gossip" forum :roll:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Jun 2018 09:36

He’s run out of getting people banned he’s trying to stop us all from posting now?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jun 2018 09:38

But I'm not. Discussion is fine. Whinging is annoying.

It's not that hard a concept to grasp, fellas.