Rumour - Phil Parkinson

130 posts
Tilehurstsouthbank
Member
Posts: 990
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Oct 2018 16:24

leon wrote:
BarryWhiteRFC wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
So quick to start name calling. I've generally got on well with you on here but I'm starting to see why no one likes you.


Why is everyone so aggressive on here? Name calling, passive aggressive 'wow' comments. I just don't get it. It seems no one has the ability to respect someone else's opinion.


so says the Walrus of Love.


:lol: :lol:

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20037
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by genome » 17 Oct 2018 16:39

Old Man Andrews wrote:
KentRoyal wrote:
genome wrote:Wait, are we saying people would rather stay at Lincoln than come to an established 2nd tier club?

Right :lol:

He rejected Ipswich


Thank you KentRoyal!

Ipswich are about as established in the 2nd tier as it gets but he chose to stay an Lincoln. To him it is about football and not money.


He was favourite with the bookies and was asked about it by the media, and gave a generic manager's response when linked with another job, of being "focused on Lincoln". There's no evidence Ipswich even approached him.

User avatar
Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3014
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 08:24
Location: Blue and White

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Mike Hunt » 17 Oct 2018 22:46

genome wrote:They aren't facts OMA, you are making observations based on limited knowledge and conjecture, dressing them up as facts, and making absolute statements.

In other words, stop being a massive jessie.


Australian here, apologies for the naivety - what is a Jessie?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4696
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Oct 2018 23:16

Mike Hunt wrote:
genome wrote:They aren't facts OMA, you are making observations based on limited knowledge and conjecture, dressing them up as facts, and making absolute statements.

In other words, stop being a massive jessie.


Australian here, apologies for the naivety - what is a Jessie?


A drongo.

User avatar
Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3014
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 08:24
Location: Blue and White

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Mike Hunt » 17 Oct 2018 23:34

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:
genome wrote:They aren't facts OMA, you are making observations based on limited knowledge and conjecture, dressing them up as facts, and making absolute statements.

In other words, stop being a massive jessie.


Australian here, apologies for the naivety - what is a Jessie?


A drongo.

Cheers, Noted.

Seems apt in this application :P


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4403
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Oct 2018 23:49

To be honest, I don't think we should be looking at managers with experience at just one FL club, and that in League Two, no matter how on the rise they seem to be. It's just yet another person to come in without sufficient experience to deal with our situation. It's not exactly uncommon to see a manager excel at one club then fail when they move. And it's never easy stepping up a level at the same time as taking over a new club, let alone stepping up one to two levels at a club with a recent history of failure to turn around.

I'm fed up of promising young managers with limited experience who don't know how to deal with the shyte we're in.

That's why I think Parkinson is a decent shout, Warnock (when available and though it makes me feel sick) too and maybe McCarthy if he's still got it, which is a little doubtful. But I'd rather see Clement given a chance to fail, learn and grow. Especially seeing as I don't think he's got a great deal wrong so far. Some questionable team selection, a poor signing or two... and a lack of progress, but fundamentally what he is trying is along the right sort of lines for me.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4696
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Oct 2018 08:05

Mike Hunt wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:
Australian here, apologies for the naivety - what is a Jessie?


A drongo.

Cheers, Noted.

Seems apt in this application :P


No not at all. Everything I have said is a fact. It tends to be that when people disagree with you because purely because they think they will curry favour with other board members they will just label someone as "stupid" or claim they don't know what they are talking about. Sadly for them I am very much informed when it comes to the Football League and have a good gauge for what is happening at most clubs.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2125
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Zip » 18 Oct 2018 18:32

Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
BarryWhiteRFC wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
So quick to start name calling. I've generally got on well with you on here but I'm starting to see why no one likes you.


Why is everyone so aggressive on here? Name calling, passive aggressive 'wow' comments. I just don't get it. It seems no one has the ability to respect someone else's opinion.

I for one would welcome Parkinson back with open arms. I know it is for nostalgic reasons and he was one of my footballing heroes growing up, but I don't care. I think he'd shake everything up and give the players the injection of passion and belief that they've been lacking.

Of course, he could also be a total failure and get us relegated without wining another game. Either way, I'd like to see him back.


He's starting to look like a good option compared to the Coaches we've had the last couple of seasons who don't seem to be able to motivate this bunch of players. Thing is, would they respect a manager who's career was average (admittedly he's still a RFC legend as far as I'm concerned) and hasn't done too much as a gaffer?


Plenty of managers have been successful having had modest football careers. Fergie and Wenger for starters.
Parky would shake this sorry lot up. It’s badly overdue.

GazzTheSpaz
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 12 Jun 2015 22:09

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by GazzTheSpaz » 18 Oct 2018 23:31

BarryWhiteRFC wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Wow, what a moron.

I said they are picking up new investors all the time which is a fact. They are already quite well off financially.


So quick to start name calling. I've generally got on well with you on here but I'm starting to see why no one likes you.


Why is everyone so aggressive on here? Name calling, passive aggressive 'wow' comments. I just don't get it. It seems no one has the ability to respect someone else's opinion.

I for one would welcome Parkinson back with open arms. I know it is for nostalgic reasons and he was one of my footballing heroes growing up, but I don't care. I think he'd shake everything up and give the players the injection of passion and belief that they've been lacking.

Of course, he could also be a total failure and get us relegated without wining another game. Either way, I'd like to see him back.


Half the reason I come on here is to read the shitty comments :D I agree with whoever said we should only get rid of Clement if we are looking dire by January, we're bad but at least we're not actually in the bottom 3, by January he'd have had 6 months to properly get to know his players and do something about it, I also reckon he's kept some funding back for January when he can make a proper assessment on what he has


GazzTheSpaz
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 12 Jun 2015 22:09

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by GazzTheSpaz » 18 Oct 2018 23:39

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
A drongo.

Cheers, Noted.

Seems apt in this application :P


No not at all. Everything I have said is a fact. It tends to be that when people disagree with you because purely because they think they will curry favour with other board members they will just label someone as "stupid" or claim they don't know what they are talking about. Sadly for them I am very much informed when it comes to the Football League and have a good gauge for what is happening at most clubs.


I started reading this and then part way through started thinking about which is my favourite curry flavour :? Can't decide whether it's Bhuna or Tandoori Chicken Tikka

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20037
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by genome » 19 Oct 2018 10:03

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
A drongo.

Cheers, Noted.

Seems apt in this application :P


No not at all. Everything I have said is a fact. It tends to be that when people disagree with you because purely because they think they will curry favour with other board members they will just label someone as "stupid" or claim they don't know what they are talking about. Sadly for them I am very much informed when it comes to the Football League and have a good gauge for what is happening at most clubs.


You must see why some people think you're Kes, surely?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4696
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Oct 2018 10:15

genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:Cheers, Noted.

Seems apt in this application :P


No not at all. Everything I have said is a fact. It tends to be that when people disagree with you because purely because they think they will curry favour with other board members they will just label someone as "stupid" or claim they don't know what they are talking about. Sadly for them I am very much informed when it comes to the Football League and have a good gauge for what is happening at most clubs.


You must see why some people think you're Kes, surely?


Please let me know what was incorrect and not a fact. Not looking for a row or anything, you're a good dude, but I am just interested to know where you believe I am wrong.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20037
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by genome » 19 Oct 2018 10:20

Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
No not at all. Everything I have said is a fact. It tends to be that when people disagree with you because purely because they think they will curry favour with other board members they will just label someone as "stupid" or claim they don't know what they are talking about. Sadly for them I am very much informed when it comes to the Football League and have a good gauge for what is happening at most clubs.


You must see why some people think you're Kes, surely?


Please let me know what was incorrect and not a fact. Not looking for a row or anything, you're a good dude, but I am just interested to know where you believe I am wrong.


Well, I've already done that.

If you want to agree to disagree that's fine, but just don't do that cyclical thing that Kes does where you ignore what the other person has said and ask them to prove you wrong, it's mindnumbing


Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4561
Joined: 03 Sep 2013 15:56
Location: What are those arseholes doing on the porch?

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 19 Oct 2018 13:39

ID hate Parkinson as manager, because I like him so much, it would make any dry spell in results that much more upsetting. It was the same with McDermott's second spell at the club. I also dont buy that 'even with their problems' that his position at Bolton proves he's just what we want. Parky has never shown he can get a club into the top half of the Championship and that must be our next goal, surely?

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2947
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by John Smith » 19 Oct 2018 14:27

Dr_Hfuhruhurr wrote:Parky has never shown he can get a club into the top half of the Championship and that must be our next goal, surely?

+10000

Great man, club legend, dross manager.

Next :arrow:

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4403
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2018 15:30

Dr_Hfuhruhurr wrote:ID hate Parkinson as manager, because I like him so much, it would make any dry spell in results that much more upsetting. It was the same with McDermott's second spell at the club. I also dont buy that 'even with their problems' that his position at Bolton proves he's just what we want. Parky has never shown he can get a club into the top half of the Championship and that must be our next goal, surely?

No, I don't think so. Stopping the rot and building a team with fight and spirit to survive / bounce back and get to midtable comes first.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6234
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Victor Meldrew » 19 Oct 2018 16:15

Dr_Hfuhruhurr wrote:ID hate Parkinson as manager, because I like him so much, it would make any dry spell in results that much more upsetting. It was the same with McDermott's second spell at the club. I also dont buy that 'even with their problems' that his position at Bolton proves he's just what we want. Parky has never shown he can get a club into the top half of the Championship and that must be our next goal, surely?


But who has that would be available?
We come back to the likes of McCarthy, Warnock, Bruce etc and I do get your point about how we would feel if he were unsuccessful as a manager.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4561
Joined: 03 Sep 2013 15:56
Location: What are those arseholes doing on the porch?

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 19 Oct 2018 16:22

Victor Meldrew wrote:
But who has that would be available?
.


Well to use Horse Racing parlance, Parkinson is 'Exposed' - he's had plenty of experience around this level and his limit is well known. If you want to replace Clement, which I dont particularly (not yet) you could choose somebody who is 'unexposed' if you cant think of somebody who operates at the level of the top half of the Championship.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2125
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Zip » 19 Oct 2018 17:19

Dr_Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
But who has that would be available?
.


Well to use Horse Racing parlance, Parkinson is 'Exposed' - he's had plenty of experience around this level and his limit is well known. If you want to replace Clement, which I dont particularly (not yet) you could choose somebody who is 'unexposed' if you cant think of somebody who operates at the level of the top half of the Championship.


He hasn’t spent much of his career at Championship level. Just keeping Bolton at this level is an achievement as he has had no money to spend. Perhaps if he had been well backed at this level and failed to achieve anything I could understand the concern.
There are few managers out there that appeal. I don’t see many realistic better options than Parky right now

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4403
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2018 22:42

Dr_Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
But who has that would be available?
.


Well to use Horse Racing parlance, Parkinson is 'Exposed' - he's had plenty of experience around this level and his limit is well known. If you want to replace Clement, which I dont particularly (not yet) you could choose somebody who is 'unexposed' if you cant think of somebody who operates at the level of the top half of the Championship.

How did 'unexposed' work with Clarke, Stam and Clement?

Isn't this only Parky's third season at this level?

20 odd games at Hull too early in his career and a very successful last season with Bolton... am I missing some?

130 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

It is currently 20 Nov 2018 15:55