Is Kelly off?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Is Kelly off?

by Hound » 15 Jan 2019 14:49

He's ok. Got to be honest, never particularly rated him, even in Stam year 1. Certainly better out there. Looks a Div 1 player to me

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Jan 2019 16:41

Potential is there, he's good on the ball and has a wicked shot, but is far to inconsistent and lightweight. however, with a move he will probably prove us all wrong lol. Personally think he would make a good first division player at a good footballing side, Luton, Wycombe, Portsmouth etc..
As for a transfer fee, this is a tough one, a few years back i would have said $5 million on potential, now i guess $1 million at best?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jan 2019 16:41

Hound He's ok. Got to be honest, never particularly rated him, even in Stam year 1. Certainly better out there. Looks a Div 1 player to me

Perhaps with the Irish link he could go to Nottingham Forest. A swap deal for Matty Cash would be nice.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2019 16:43

yep no doubts MoN will be knocking down his door after last time he invited him to play for him

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2019 18:05

What would we all consider a decent fee?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Jan 2019 18:49

NewCorkSeth What would we all consider a decent fee?

In an earlier post i stated this a hard one to price? two years ago maybe $5 million on potential alone, but since then i think he's regressed as a player, yes he has the odd wonder goal in him and can pass the ball well, but there's no killer through ball in him and he's inconsistent. So whats his true level as a player? probably a decent to good first div player at the moment with potential to be a lower chump league player i guess!!
So given McNulty is at the same sort of level then $1 million should be a half decent return?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2019 21:27

I like Kelly, he's often suffered from being surrounded by shit players who don't move. But he also hasn't really lived up to the hype and has some fairly big weaknesses.

I want to see him back in the team performing - and he played well alongside the only actually proper consistently good midfielder we had (ignoring Ejaria and Baker), against Utd - but he's probably going to find it hard to come back, so it is probably best for him to move on, and I'd be ok with it and wish him well if we can get good money. We do still need to trim the squad fairly drastically.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Jan 2019 07:51

Crowbar6753
NewCorkSeth What would we all consider a decent fee?

In an earlier post i stated this a hard one to price? two years ago maybe $5 million on potential alone, but since then i think he's regressed as a player, yes he has the odd wonder goal in him and can pass the ball well, but there's no killer through ball in him and he's inconsistent. So whats his true level as a player? probably a decent to good first div player at the moment with potential to be a lower chump league player i guess!!
So given McNulty is at the same sort of level then $1 million should be a half decent return?

It's hard not to value him at his previous potential but you're right. He hasn't been good enough in the last 2 season to ask for much. Shame really. I know it's childish but I would hate to see him turn it around for another team and realise his potential elsewhere.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Jan 2019 09:53

Crowbar6753 Potential is there, he's good on the ball and has a wicked shot, but is far to inconsistent and lightweight. however, with a move he will probably prove us all wrong lol. Personally think he would make a good first division player at a good footballing side, Luton, Wycombe, Portsmouth etc..
As for a transfer fee, this is a tough one, a few years back i would have said $5 million on potential, now i guess $1 million at best?

Are we selling him to the MLS? If not why are you pricing everything in McDonalds notes? Plus the way we're going by March $1million will be about £50.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jan 2019 10:12

Jagermesiter1871
Crowbar6753 Potential is there, he's good on the ball and has a wicked shot, but is far to inconsistent and lightweight. however, with a move he will probably prove us all wrong lol. Personally think he would make a good first division player at a good footballing side, Luton, Wycombe, Portsmouth etc..

Are we selling him to the MLS? If not why are you pricing everything in McDonalds notes? Plus the way we're going by March $1million will be about £50.

I am guessing with his avatar being the Seattle Seahawks logo, he is probably in the st8s and might not have a £ on his keyboard?

Basildon

by Basildon » 16 Jan 2019 10:54

Hendo
Jagermesiter1871

I am guessing with his avatar being the Seattle Seahawks logo, he is probably in the st8s and might not have a £ on his keyboard?

We have $s on our keyboards, how very ignorant of them.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jan 2019 11:28

Basildon
Hendo
Jagermesiter1871

We have $s on our keyboards, how very ignorant of them.

Quite.

Much like the A4 paper argument. Everyone uses A4, except the US :roll:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Jan 2019 12:49

But since DT has made the US great again they don't need to worry what we think of them ...

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 16 Jan 2019 21:56

Aussie here,

Regarding the £ symbol... You can use the alt code if you have a keyboard with a number pad on it. Alt Code is : Hold ALT + 0163 on the number pad.

I don't have a number pad, so I need to copy and paste from somewhere, or use the windows character map.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 17 Jan 2019 06:11

Mike Hunt Aussie here,

Regarding the £ symbol... You can use the alt code if you have a keyboard with a number pad on it. Alt Code is : Hold ALT + 0163 on the number pad.

I don't have a number pad, so I need to copy and paste from somewhere, or use the windows character map.

Yeah. I can never remember the alt code or be arsed to cut and paste so normally go with gbp. *Cool story bro.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Jan 2019 09:17

He is one of those players suited to a slower more tactical league (the Premier League for example) but muscled out in the Championship. A loan to a European League is the answer.

As it seems we are not going to the Prem any time soon a decent offer may sway it.

Brentford I think would make a real fight of staying in the Prem as they have too many of this type of player (as do Swansea) however they struggle at this level. Only team they can beat comfortably is us, as they do it better than we do

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2019 09:20

Reading4eva He is one of those players suited to a slower more tactical league (the Premier League for example) but muscled out in the Championship. A loan to a European League is the answer.

As it seems we are not going to the Prem any time soon a decent offer may sway it.

Brentford I think would make a real fight of staying in the Prem as they have too many of this type of player (as do Swansea) however they struggle at this level. Only team they can beat comfortably is us, as they do it better than we do

So you're saying you want him at your club Bournemouth?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Jan 2019 09:51

Old Man Andrews
Reading4eva He is one of those players suited to a slower more tactical league (the Premier League for example) but muscled out in the Championship. A loan to a European League is the answer.

Still on my banned list OMA. Let me guess, something about Bournemouth...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2019 09:53

Reading4eva
Old Man Andrews

Still on my banned list OMA. Let me guess, something about Bournemouth...

You quoted me so you would have seen it.........

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2019 10:05

Ha