The ITK thread sponsered by Friday's Legacy and Big Mike

592 posts
G'La

Re: The ITK thread sponsered by Friday's Legacy and Big Mike

by G'La » 06 Jul 2012 13:22

I have to say I quite enjoy reading FL, Mafff and other so called ITK-ers posts about potential transfer targets. While there are some helmets on this board who make up a heap comparable to Tommy Burns last day of the transfer window spunk-fest, total shite, I think these guys do have some insiders who throw them a bone occasionally. I'd much rather hear rumours this way rather than rely on the redtops and the EP. Keep them coming chaps.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Jul 2012 13:23

Not a HNA? specific rant actually. But I guess the point could apply.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 06 Jul 2012 14:00

maffff Not a HNA? specific rant actually. But I guess the point could apply.

Came across as a bit precious if you ask me, even if I do think andrew1957 and G'La do have a point.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 06 Jul 2012 14:09

G'La I have to say I quite enjoy reading FL, Mafff and other so called ITK-ers posts about potential transfer targets. While there are some helmets on this board who make up a heap comparable to Tommy Burns last day of the transfer window spunk-fest, total shite, I think these guys do have some insiders who throw them a bone occasionally. I'd much rather hear rumours this way rather than rely on the redtops and the EP. Keep them coming chaps.

i agree, those two are part of the few i trust with transfer information on this forum. i always enjoy getting a piece of information from them.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Jul 2012 14:12

LOL at Andrew telling Big Ern to "look in the mirror".

Yeah, Big Ern! And you have fleas and fancy Miss Drechsler! You bumface pooper!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Jul 2012 14:19

Extended-Phenotype LOL at Andrew telling Big Ern to "look in the mirror".

It would be so much better if 12 year olds like you and Big Ern actually went to school and learnt something rather than skiving off to make silly posts on here.

Please leave it to the adults.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Jul 2012 14:23

andrew1957

It would be so much better if 12 year olds like you and Big Ern actually went to school and learnt something rather than skiving off to make silly posts on here.

Missing: Sense of Irony
If found, please return to:

Andrew Retardington
10 Retard Avenue
Retardsborough
RE7 A8D

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 06 Jul 2012 14:38

*wait to see if andrew #2 plays the bank details card...*

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Jul 2012 14:42

TheLawnMowerMan
maffff Not a HNA? specific rant actually. But I guess the point could apply.

Came across as a bit precious if you ask me, even if I do think andrew1957 and G'La do have a point.

I guess that's how things can be misinterpreted then as I don't think I was being precious about what you thought I might be referring to, although admittedly I was being somewhat precious about something else.

By way of background. I was having a moan myself about one individual in particular [no names, don't think it's necessary], but it does cover a broader span than that and the whole ethos of being negative about everything to do with the club. Just too much STG for me sometimes.

The negativity around anyonebeing excited by the kit launch, buying kits, etc is just unnecessary. There is a small 'elitist' group who are too cool for that sh/t and mock people for things like that is just pitiful. Likewise the same about people being excited about transfers and such. First and foremost like many others here I'm a fan and I'll exercise the right to get excited about what I want. I don't expect or need the criticisism directed personally at me for that [and I mean offline.........]; I'd rather reserve such things for HNA? twitter etc where it's expected.

On the point of transfers, what I have to say is a mixture of thoughts, speculation and the occasional snippet that I do get passed on, some aggretating and posting of stuff I find interesting [and occasionally that gets lots in translation by people reading conversations I've had with someone else out of context]. I have my views and preferences on everything and it's easy to interpret or draw one thing in as another. I think G'La sums that up well and do appreciate a lot of what of you have had to say.

I'm glad some people like what I have to say, my opinions and some of the items I share and find interesting, if people do then great. If others don't then that's fine too, they're welcome to ignore me and leave me to my own devices, each to their own.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 06 Jul 2012 15:22

Extended-Phenotype
andrew1957

Andrew Retardington
10 Retard Avenue
Retardsborough
RE7 A8D

:lol: :lol:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 06 Jul 2012 15:26

I like what you say on Twitter bro.

But you have to remember, this is the internet. This sh!t happens. Everyone is a warrior behind a keyboard.

Journalists know that once they put something to ink / web, it is open to critisism and mockery. How do you think JF feels when he reads this forum every morning when he is having his breakfast Latte? He gets it worse than most people here.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 06 Jul 2012 15:28

Mike Hunt I like what you say on Twitter bro.

But you have to remember, this is the internet. This sh!t happens. Everyone is a warrior behind a keyboard.

Journalists know that once they put something to ink / web, it is open to critisism and mockery. How do you think JF feels when he reads this forum every morning when he is having his breakfast Latte? He gets it worse than most people here.

If he didn't copy rumours straight from the ITKer's here, then he wouldn't have a problem.

We are his sources!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Jul 2012 15:32

Doesn't always stay online though. That's partially what I was trying to say above. Was just a grumble at that moment in time........

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jul 2012 16:42

M-U-R-T-Y

If he didn't copy rumours straight from the ITKer's here, then he wouldn't have a problem.

We are his sources!

If the rumours that get put up on here are truley ITK and have some substance then surely they're ones that Fordham (having stronger links with the club) will be in a position to publish as well. He's not just 'copying' he's reporting things that are going on.

For those made up rumours that he also writes about at times, I'd suggest that he comments on those because his readership also read HNA and are then asking about it. The club may want those daft rumours quashed, and Fordham is one of their main mechanisms for getting the message over to their fans.

He will always potentially be behind the rumour mill on here because he can't publish as early on in a rumour because he needs write things up properly (I wouldn't say he does that very well of course), substantiate the facts and perhaps get other sides of a story, and then (quite probably) clear it with the media guys at the club that he's not putting noses out of joint if he runs with the story (he has to protect that relationship more than a HNA poster or the Twitterati).

I'm no fan of his work, but his job is made infinitely more difficult by Twitter and online forums that it was in The Hounds day.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Jul 2012 16:50

Arnie_Pie Just what i've heard. This is the 'meltdown' signing.

:lol:

Why's he wearing the old kit?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Jul 2012 17:09

I have my occasional moan about JF, usually more in jest than anything. Tbf he's a decent bloke in a difficult position and when I've spoken to him it's pretty obvious he knows a lot more than he can report on. Which is absolutely fair as he has to maintain a relationship with the club which other people don't have to do. Does also mean sometimes he gets the benefit of hindsight or a clearer emerging picture.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 06 Jul 2012 17:18

M-U-R-T-Y If he didn't copy rumours straight from the ITKer's here, then he wouldn't have a problem.

There are ITKer's on HNA? :)

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 06 Jul 2012 17:49

Extended-Phenotype
andrew1957

Andrew Retardington
10 Retard Avenue
Retardsborough
RE7 A8D

That's beautiful...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2012 21:52

andrew1957

E-Po is just about the best poster on TB, whether what he posts is utter shite or not.

If you claim to be ITK, be prepared for abuse until you prove it. maffff didn't even come close to proving it. FL did alright to start with. andrew has a decent history if you can get passed his split personality where occasionally he posts utter drivel. Icelandic Stokie is about as reliable as it gets, and he's just posting what's in his local media.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 06 Jul 2012 22:09

I don't get why anyone would actually give 0.25 of a shit about any of this.

ITK or NITK what fvcking difference does it make, apart from maybe getting your cock out and having a good vvank over what could/couldn't happen.

Yes I read it. But I don't get absorbed in it. And I especially don't want to murder the person when it doesn't happen.

592 posts