Could we be sold again in the not too distant future?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Could we be sold again in the not too distant future?

by Big Foot » 02 Nov 2012 08:39

Murmurings abound of scant funds being available in January, minimal investment from a transfer fee perspective (although I acknowledge the wages element of the signings/signing on fees etc) and supposedly the club will be turning a profit come the end of the season.

Could we be sold? AZ etc would certainly turn a quick profit on the assumption that the club is worth a great deal more now than it was 12-14 months ago.

royal67

Re: Could we be sold again in the not too distant future?

by royal67 » 02 Nov 2012 08:50

A pretty tough sell with the club in it's current position if you ask me......

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Nov 2012 08:52

:roll:

FFS

PBR

by PBR » 02 Nov 2012 09:07

How have we benefited from having Madejski and the russian guy in charge? never. Money goes in (their pockets) never comes out. I think it would be beneficial if we ditched the rich guys and let the fans lead the team.

royal67

by royal67 » 02 Nov 2012 09:22

Gordons Cumming :roll:

FFS

I take it that you feel my response to the OP wasn't valid then.....?? Thanks for your valuable input.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Nov 2012 09:49

PBR How have we benefited from having Madejski and the russian guy in charge? never. Money goes in (their pockets) never comes out. I think it would be beneficial if we ditched the rich guys and let the fans lead the team.

:lol:

Yep, that'll work.
Last edited by sandman on 02 Nov 2012 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 02 Nov 2012 10:06

PBR How have we benefited from having Madejski and the russian guy in charge? never. Money goes in (their pockets) never comes out. I think it would be beneficial if we ditched the rich guys and let the fans lead the team.

Well that's total bollocks. Before Anton, JM was losing £4m a year to the club. i don't think anyone profits. And I really don't think you can be annoyed for not putting his entire wealth into the club, can you?

And, oh yeah, if the fans took over there would be NO MONEY that could be invested no matter weather it was actually invested!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Nov 2012 10:19

Lovely hot donuts!

Well that's total bollocks.

Really? Whodda thunked it.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Nov 2012 12:09

Lovely hot donuts!

Well that's total bollocks. Before Anton, JM was losing £4m a year to the club. i don't think anyone profits. And I really don't think you can be annoyed for not putting his entire wealth into the club, can you?

And, oh yeah, if the fans took over there would be NO MONEY that could be invested no matter weather it was actually invested!

That's not true actually. I have an endowment policy on a £40k mortgage maturing next April (expected to pay 28k) and I would be prepared to throw in ten per cent of that if the fans took over.

Divvy

by Divvy » 02 Nov 2012 12:15

Big Foot Murmurings abound...

Fans chatter. oxf*rd off. :roll:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 Nov 2012 12:35

Norfolk Royal
Lovely hot donuts!

That's not true actually. I have an endowment policy on a £40k mortgage maturing next April (expected to pay 28k) and I would be prepared to throw in ten per cent of that if the fans took over.

Youll be on your own.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Nov 2012 12:42

Bit tricky really, he could only sell his majority share holding of 51% at the moment because the remainder of the deal to take the rest hasn't gone through so it's Still Madejski's.

And with our relegation currently looking likely he wouldn't get a brilliant price. Although obviously still far superior to £13m. I'd expect Madejski to do his nut and resign as Chairman if this is on the cards though.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Nov 2012 12:45

royal67
Gordons Cumming :roll:

FFS

I take it that you feel my response to the OP wasn't valid then.....?? Thanks for your valuable input.

Spot on.

Anytime. :wink:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Nov 2012 12:48

Norfolk Royal
Lovely hot donuts!

£2,800? So, that would almost pay for Noel Hunt for a day? (and that's employee costs, not even starting to go into the employers contribution....)

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 02 Nov 2012 13:14

Big Foot Murmurings abound of scant funds being available in January, minimal investment from a transfer fee perspective (although I acknowledge the wages element of the signings/signing on fees etc) and supposedly the club will be turning a profit come the end of the season.

Could we be sold? AZ etc would certainly turn a quick profit on the assumption that the club is worth a great deal more now than it was 12-14 months ago.

I said in a thread on the team board that he may have bitten off more than he can chew (from info I had at the time) and was laughed at.

They won't be here in two years IMO

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 02 Nov 2012 14:17

sandman

:lol:

Yep, that'll work.

Yep. Put TheSiege in charge! He knows everything that needs to be done................

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Nov 2012 15:52

bowlarks(whoosh?)

PBR

by PBR » 02 Nov 2012 17:18

Lovely hot donuts!

Was the 4 million before he made his fortune selling our history to B&Q?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Nov 2012 17:57

eh?

whatever your on about

no
it was after all outgoings.

we consistently lost millions every year due to the deficit between fees and wages, and money brought in from ticket sales, and other income

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Nov 2012 12:15

Ian Royal Bit tricky really, he could only sell his majority share holding of 51% at the moment because the remainder of the deal to take the rest hasn't gone through so it's Still Madejski's.

And with our relegation currently looking likely he wouldn't get a brilliant price. Although obviously still far superior to £13m. I'd expect Madejski to do his nut and resign as Chairman if this is on the cards though.

But a majority shareholding is exactly that. The person holding it can do exactly what they want and if Madjeski didn't like it he would have only two choices: Try to buy back a majority shareholding or do one!