Rumour - Sergi Canos

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Sergi Canos

by Ian Royal » 23 May 2016 17:55

El Diablo
Ian Royal
El Diablo Brentford are way ahead of us right now.

Their owner, Matthew Benham, is a lifelong fan, has significantly deeper pockets than SJM ever had, and is making a real go at it. They made a massive profit on Andre grey, amongst others, and are cute in the market place ..

If Canos chose to come here , in our current ( uncertain ) position, it would really be a major coup..

Lets face it though, whilst Brentford are clearly on an up, they're still a smaller club punching at the top of their range. Whereas we're an established Championship side that regularly competes in the promotion stakes who are in a (relatively) mild slump. And our wage budget must be huge in comparison to Brentford. Unless we're massively slashing the wages this season, we can easily afford to pay more than Brentford and have better infrastructure and a sounder medium term past. And Money Talks.

We have no money - they have loads...do the Math IR

We've got enough money to have one of the biggest wage budgets in the division.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 May 2016 01:15

He'll cost £4m

So that's us out of the running then

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 May 2016 12:06

wages believed to be a considerable sticking point.
@ Liverpool
Ie, we have no chance whatsoever

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 May 2016 16:56

Maneki Neko
wages believed to be a considerable sticking point.
@ Liverpool
Ie, we have no chance whatsoever

:lol: anyone who thinks that for one minute he'll come to this place even if we could afford him. Another the for the club to stick in the "we know we've got no chance of signing him so it's safe to be openly linked to pretend to the fans we've got ambition" bin.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 May 2016 08:57

Their owner, Matthew Benham, is a lifelong fan, has significantly deeper pockets than SJM ever had, and is making a real go at it. They made a massive profit on Andre grey, amongst others, and are cute in the market place ..

If Canos chose to come here , in our current ( uncertain ) position, it would really be a major coup..

As (presumably) a Reading fan, to come on to a Reading supporter's forum and have the gall to post bullshit like that really takes some bizarre and wayward thinking. What paradigm are you living in where Brentford are "way ahead" of us? Clown.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 26 May 2016 21:13

John Smith

As (presumably) a Reading fan, to come on to a Reading supporter's forum and have the gall to post bullshit like that really takes some bizarre and wayward thinking. What paradigm are you living in where Brentford are "way ahead" of us? Clown.

Time of the month dear?

It doesn't take an Einstein to work out that two consecutive higher placed finishes , significant investment in their squad , a club that has little debt, an owner who is a lifelong fan with very deep pockets, and owns a Danish Superleague Team, (where they are trialling a statistical modelling project around players & tactics ) whilst , bankrolling a new stadium , is right now way ahead of us. They are firmly on the up.

We carry a massive debt, have a thin squad, owners who are interested in (mostly) redeveloping every piece of real estate we own, no management structure within the club, have gone backwards in the past 3 years, and are nowhere near our pomp from 5+ years ago. Even the quality of the rhetoric coming out if the club is frankly the worst I've heard since before SJM...

Your post reminds me of all the bitterness we took from all those fans 10 years ago who couldn't accept that little 'ol Reading where on the up back then.

That said, I cant blame you - you were probably crawling around in your Nappies , right?!

Muskrat
    Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 27 May 2016 08:58

John Smith

To be fair to Brentford they seem to be a progressive Club. OK they are still behind us in their actual development but as this link shows, they have well defined and thought out plans for the future.

http://www.brentfordcommunitystadium.com/

They also have good players. If we could tempt Alan Judge to come here I'd take him straight away, but it won't happen. Fair play to them I say.

John Smith
    Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 May 2016 09:26

El Diablo
      John Smith

Time of the month dear?

No mate, I'm just a Reading fan. They play in (and don't fill) in a tinpot shed stadium that people only visit because it has terracing and 4 pubs and is in London, they have no significant players apart from the aforementioned Judge, who surprise surprise has been linked with a move to the Prem!

It hasn't taken much to finish above us in the last two seasons. Perhaps you might want to start giving some credit to Blackburn Rovers? Great history and set up they've got there!

Brentford are a League One club with ideas above their station. That's nothing to do with 2001 or Coppell or anything else, that's just what they are, regardless of what some bloke in a suit thinks on their board. Just because the Thais haven't been completely transparent with what their plans are doesn't mean we're "behind" in any way. Just because we've had two very disappointing seasons in a row now doesn't make them more advanced. We've had Prem experience, we know what's required as a club to get back there and stay there. Remind me of the score when we went to Griffin Park last season?

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 27 May 2016 09:50

John Smith
      El Diablo
        John Smith As (presumably) a Reading fan, to come on to a Reading supporter's forum and have the gall to post bullshit like that really takes some bizarre and wayward thinking. What paradigm are you living in where Brentford are "way ahead" of us? Clown.

Time of the month dear?

No mate, I'm just a Reading fan. They play in (and don't fill) in a tinpot shed stadium that people only visit because it has terracing and 4 pubs and is in London, they have no significant players apart from the aforementioned Judge, who surprise surprise has been linked with a move to the Prem!

It hasn't taken much to finish above us in the last two seasons. Perhaps you might want to start giving some credit to Blackburn Rovers? Great history and set up they've got there!

Brentford are a League One club with ideas above their station. That's nothing to do with 2001 or Coppell or anything else, that's just what they are, regardless of what some bloke in a suit thinks on their board. Just because the Thais haven't been completely transparent with what their plans are doesn't mean we're "behind" in any way. Just because we've had two very disappointing seasons in a row now doesn't make them more advanced. We've had Prem experience, we know what's required as a club to get back there and stay there. Remind me of the score when we went to Griffin Park last season?

Hey John, you know we were a league one team not that long ago, with ideas above our station ?!!

Its not about what happened 5 years ago, its about the now. History has nothing to do with ambition, and the ability to get there. Brentford are, and no doubt will be, better positioned over the next few years to be more successful than us. Its not rocket science Pal, its reality.

Now go get yourself some.

John Smith
        Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 May 2016 10:00

El Diablo Hey John, you know we were a league one team not that long ago, with ideas above our station ?!!

Its not about what happened 5 years ago, its about the now. History has nothing to do with ambition, and the ability to get there. Brentford are, and no doubt will be, better positioned over the next few years to be more successful than us. Its not rocket science Pal, its reality.

Go and get yourself a season ticket at the new Brentford ground then. I bet you're one of those "fans" that sits applauding the goals we concede.

What do you mean "and no doubt will be, better positioned over the next few years to be more successful than us." There's every oxf*rd doubt. Nothing is certain in football. If they lose Judge, then what? If the owner decides to piss off, then what? I could agree more if you were talking about Brighton maybe but Brentford have not, are not and will not ever be "bigger" than us purely for their proximity to Chelsea, Fulham for starters. If that wasn't enough then you might as well just go to Tottenham or West Ham if you're living that way.

Vision
        Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 May 2016 11:30

Ian Royal

Lets face it though, whilst Brentford are clearly on an up, they're still a smaller club punching at the top of their range. Whereas we're an established Championship side that regularly competes in the promotion stakes who are in a (relatively) mild slump. And our wage budget must be huge in comparison to Brentford. Unless we're massively slashing the wages this season, we can easily afford to pay more than Brentford and have better infrastructure and a sounder medium term past. And Money Talks.

Swap the name "Brentford" for "Bournemouth" and you could have made the same argument two years ago about them.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 27 May 2016 14:21

John Smith
        El Diablo Hey John, you know we were a league one team not that long ago, with ideas above our station ?!!

Go and get yourself a season ticket at the new Brentford ground then. I bet you're one of those "fans" that sits applauding the goals we concede.

What do you mean "and no doubt will be, better positioned over the next few years to be more successful than us." There's every oxf*rd doubt. Nothing is certain in football. If they lose Judge, then what? If the owner decides to piss off, then what? I could agree more if you were talking about Brighton maybe but Brentford have not, are not and will not ever be "bigger" than us purely for their proximity to Chelsea, Fulham for starters. If that wasn't enough then you might as well just go to Tottenham or West Ham if you're living that way.

You need to go away and learn to read and comprehend information Pal. Show me where I mentioned 'bigger club..'

I also laid out why I believe why they're 'better positioned'...you get that - right? - If you don't - let me know , based on facts and current status why that is...I'll happily read that...

RE. their owner - He isn't going anywhere - barring death!!

Eagerly awaiting your reply!! ( or alternatively come back to me , say in 12 months - and see how things have developed)!

Millsy
        Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Jun 2016 09:22

tidus_mi2
        genome CW is pushing this one a fair bit, might have some legs

He'd be a pretty useless footballer if he didn't.

You joke about it but I understand it's Reading's new joint criterion for a player's suitability to join.

That and being Dutch.

toppy
        Hob Nob Subscriber
        Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 27 Jun 2016 06:45

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... s-11527918?

Liverpool will let 19-year-old Spanish midfielder Sergi Canos leave the club, with the teenager expected to join Championship side Bristol City in a £2.5m deal.

Sutekh
        Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jun 2016 10:56

toppy http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sergi-canos-liverpool-career-looks-11527918?

Liverpool will let 19-year-old Spanish midfielder Sergi Canos leave the club, with the teenager expected to join Championship side Bristol City in a £2.5m deal.

:lol: :lol: Not being able to compete with Bristol City

tidus_mi2
        Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jun 2016 11:06

Sutekh
        toppy http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sergi-canos-liverpool-career-looks-11527918?

:lol: :lol: Not being able to compete with Bristol City

To be fair, last season how many big money attempts did Bristol City get accepted only for the player to turn them down.

Maneki Neko
        Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 Jun 2016 11:39

El Diablo
        John Smith

You need to go away and learn to read and comprehend information Pal. Show me where I mentioned 'bigger club..'

I also laid out why I believe why they're 'better positioned'...you get that - right? - If you don't - let me know , based on facts and current status why that is...I'll happily read that...

RE. their owner - He isn't going anywhere - barring death!!

Eagerly awaiting your reply!! ( or alternatively come back to me , say in 12 months - and see how things have developed)!

agree with the sentiments

but use of pal in an internet argument is a vote loser

tidus_mi2
        Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jun 2016 15:32

Maybe it's just me but I swear El Diablo has a similar writing style to Dave.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 28 Jun 2016 12:21

tidus_mi2 Maybe it's just me but I swear El Diablo has a similar writing style to Dave.

Its just you :lol:

John Smith
        Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Jun 2016 15:25

El Diablo
        tidus_mi2 Maybe it's just me but I swear El Diablo has a similar writing style to Dave.

Its just you :lol:

Equally as clueless about football though