by Platypuss » 10 Jul 2016 13:06

Hope he chips in with a few goals.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Gastón Campi

by Ian Royal » 10 Jul 2016 13:53

Barcelona Blue you can see him in action on this link, looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xB4EojnOrA

He looks like he'd instantly be first choice based on those clips.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jul 2016 14:50

One8Seven1* Watta seems to think it's all but a done deal. Looks a good signing, low fee at the end as well if we want him perm. Cooper's potential move now on the cards...

Fingers crossed.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Jul 2016 16:51

Looks class, good foil for no-nonsense McShane

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 10 Jul 2016 18:13

Tommio Class player, really comfortable on the ball. Left footed too which is a bonus.

Championship slightly different, let's hope he gets the hang of it ..

Racing Academic

by Racing Academic » 11 Jul 2016 03:33

Hi guys! im from Argentina and of course a die-hard fan of Racing Club

im here to enlighten you about these fella right here

Gaston Campi is a player with good technique for a CB
His main position was LB in the reserves, but when he was called to the first team he used to play in 2 positions that suited him better: CDM and CB
The first one was because he is a very technical player and confortable with the ball, he is tall and looks pretty lanky sometimes. but he can manage to take the ball upfront by himself.

He's quick and have good eye for interceptions, very good heading and aerial play.

If i have to mark some weaknesses in him, may be the one-to-one marking, he may lose sometimes in that department

He also has a good shoot, he score a few long-range goals in the reserves and the first team as you can see in the video.

Unfortunately he lost some ground when we start to sign some more experienced players, but im definitely think that he would do great in England and knowing that your game is more Physical he may develop his strenght and turn into a more than good addition for you guys.

I WISH THE BEST FOR HIM AND FOR READING THIS SEASON.

ps: Robson-Kanu was an amazing player in the Euros.
ps2: one of the craziest matches i ever saw was Arsenal 7 - 5 Reading

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2016 07:09

Thanks sir.
Is the word from your end that this is a done deal ?
What is he like as a person ? Any concerns around attitude / discipline / musical taste ?
Do you know if he does have an EU passport or qualifies for one ?

HRK did score a great goal, not something we saw too much of when he played for us sadly. Wish him well in boosting his bank balance with a lucrative contract somewhere,
The Arsenal game was not really out of the ordinary for us, see our similar scores against Spurs and Portsmouth. I believe we figure in the 2 highest scoring Premier League games and the highest scoring League cup game of all time. We lost them all...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2016 07:46

Racing Academic Hi guys! im from Argentina and of course a die-hard fan of Racing Club

im here to enlighten you about these fella right here

Gaston Campi is a player with good technique for a CB
His main position was LB in the reserves, but when he was called to the first team he used to play in 2 positions that suited him better: CDM and CB
The first one was because he is a very technical player and confortable with the ball, he is tall and looks pretty lanky sometimes. but he can manage to take the ball upfront by himself.

He's quick and have good eye for interceptions, very good heading and aerial play.

If i have to mark some weaknesses in him, may be the one-to-one marking, he may lose sometimes in that department

He also has a good shoot, he score a few long-range goals in the reserves and the first team as you can see in the video.

Unfortunately he lost some ground when we start to sign some more experienced players, but im definitely think that he would do great in England and knowing that your game is more Physical he may develop his strenght and turn into a more than good addition for you guys.

I WISH THE BEST FOR HIM AND FOR READING THIS SEASON.

ps: Robson-Kanu was an amazing player in the Euros.
ps2: one of the craziest matches i ever saw was Arsenal 7 - 5 Reading

Was it really worth the effort?

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 11 Jul 2016 08:27

He looks a cut above from the YouTube highlights video.

Hopefully his defending matches his technique.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 11 Jul 2016 10:30

Asking a racing fan about him

he is very tall (1, 94m) , i really like. He can play of midlefield (5) or defender (2, 6). Sorry for my inglish jajaja

para mi si. Alto, despeja todo, si van perdiendo lo pones de 9 y cabecea todo. Me gusta como juega

exacto. En Racing jugó un tiempo de 5 e hizo algunos goles. Encima se lo regalaron a ustedes a Campi. Vas a ver q después lo compran

Which I take to mean, they like him, he's tall, clears the ball and if losing you can put him upfront for headers - they like him.

At racing he scored some goals and once we see him we'll want to buy him.

(Although, someone can probably translate better. My spanish is awful, compared to portuguese)

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Jul 2016 10:37

Didn't stam say he wanted some seasoned professionals from the English leagues, at this rate there won't be any space left for them in the squad. I hope that there is someone we know that is exciting that comes in. Just worrying me how little championship experience we have

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 11 Jul 2016 11:17

linkenholtroyal Didn't stam say he wanted some seasoned professionals from the English leagues, at this rate there won't be any space left for them in the squad. I hope that there is someone we know that is exciting that comes in. Just worrying me how little championship experience we have

They will come at a higher price, but I have a feeling with 6/7 weeks of the window remaining; more faces due to leave; and with some of the Tish money adding to the little cash we had in the pot; there's still time for him the club to do this.

Racing Academic

by Racing Academic » 11 Jul 2016 15:30

Nameless Thanks sir.
What is he like as a person ? Any concerns around attitude / discipline / musical taste ?

HRK did score a great goal, not something we saw too much of when he played for us sadly. Wish him well in boosting his bank balance with a lucrative contract somewhere,
The Arsenal game was not really out of the ordinary for us, see our similar scores against Spurs and Portsmouth. I believe we figure in the 2 highest scoring Premier League games and the highest scoring League cup game of all time. We lost them all...

From here what we heard is that is almost done, he is/was flying to England in these days... the move is a one-year loan with a buy option of : u$d 1.2m

he's very calm and not a troublemaker or something like that... its the oppositte

and the passport its something im not very into... im not sure he has one, but he may qualify for one (he may have italian grandparents)

he may be a low-cost bet for you guys, if he does bad then you offload him and if he turns out into a very good player then the option is really low (u$d 1.2m)

we recently loan another player to Europe and he turns out to be one of the fan favourites (Esteban Saveljich to Almeria - Spain)

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Jul 2016 16:50

maffff Asking a racing fan about him

he is very tall (1, 94m) , i really like. He can play of midlefield (5) or defender (2, 6). Sorry for my inglish jajaja

para mi si. Alto, despeja todo, si van perdiendo lo pones de 9 y cabecea todo. Me gusta como juega

exacto. En Racing jugó un tiempo de 5 e hizo algunos goles. Encima se lo regalaron a ustedes a Campi. Vas a ver q después lo compran

Which I take to mean, they like him, he's tall, clears the ball and if losing you can put him upfront for headers - they like him.

At racing he scored some goals and once we see him we'll want to buy him.

(Although, someone can probably translate better. My spanish is awful, compared to portuguese)

jajaja

George_

by George_ » 11 Jul 2016 17:15

So according to Charles Watts he's joined the squad in Holland for a week's trial before Jaap makes a decision on weather to sign him or not.

Royal1988

by Royal1988 » 11 Jul 2016 18:04

Charles Watts also mentions this:

But getreading understands that is not the case and that Campi is in fact available as a free agent - despite him still being contracted to Argentine side Racing Club until June 2017.

If he's as good as he looks and sounds, then it would be an even better deal! (Although the language and/or work permit situation could be potential stumbling blocks)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jul 2016 18:23

Racing Academic
Nameless Thanks sir.

From here what we heard is that is almost done, he is/was flying to England in these days... the move is a one-year loan with a buy option of : u$d 1.2m

he's very calm and not a troublemaker or something like that... its the oppositte

and the passport its something im not very into... im not sure he has one, but he may qualify for one (he may have italian grandparents)

he may be a low-cost bet for you guys, if he does bad then you offload him and if he turns out into a very good player then the option is really low (u$d 1.2m)

we recently loan another player to Europe and he turns out to be one of the fan favourites (Esteban Saveljich to Almeria - Spain)

Thanks for joining and giving us some insider knowledge of him...

I'm not a very happy Reading fan right now, but this would certainly cheer me up a bit if we got him.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jul 2016 11:35

Looks a bit like Daniel Ayala of Middlesbrough which is a good thing.

Glad to see Jaap's eye is on new defensive signings

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 12 Jul 2016 15:49

George_ So according to Charles Watts he's joined the squad in Holland for a week's trial before Jaap makes a decision on weather to sign him or not.

Yep, the club have confirmed (confimred?) this on the OS:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 81795.aspx

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 13 Jul 2016 13:23

Campi has a Spanish passport so wont need a work permit. Doesn't appear to speak a word of English. Worked out well with Hurtado!