Speculation - latest EP proposition

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Speculation - latest EP proposition

by Sutekh » 15 Nov 2016 12:36

CW is proposing the following possible strikers that Reading could be interested in come January. For once actually quite a reasonable set of names...

Omar Bogle (Grimsby) - raw young talent, 11 goals in 16 games in Division 4/League 2 so far this season
Lewis Grabban (Bournemouth) - 28 and 1 goal in just 5 apps this season
Frazier Campbell (Palace) - 29 and entering last stages of current contract. 2 apps for Palace this season.
Adam Armstong (Newcastle) - on loan at Barnsley until 3 January and scored against Reading earlier in the season. Loan to summer?
Arouna Kone (Everton) - 2 goals so far in the EFL cup and just 5 apps overall, another possible loan until the summer?

Thoughts?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Speculation - latest EP proposition

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2016 12:45

Sutekh CW is proposing the following possible strikers that Reading could be interested in come January. For once actually quite a reasonable set of names...

Omar Bogle (Grimsby) - raw young talent, 11 goals in 16 games in Division 4/League 2 so far this season
Lewis Grabban (Bournemouth) - 28 and 1 goal in just 5 apps this season
Frazier Campbell (Palace) - 29 and entering last stages of current contract. 2 apps for Palace this season.
Adam Armstong (Newcastle) - on loan at Barnsley until 3 January and scored against Reading earlier in the season. Loan to summer?
Arouna Kone (Everton) - 2 goals so far in the EFL cup and just 5 apps overall, another possible loan until the summer?

Thoughts?

Omar Bogle please.
Grabban would be too pricey I reckon, Campbell I dont believe has ever done anything remarkable in his career, Armstong will surely go back on loan to Barnsley right?, Kone I doubt will make the drop.

MarylandRoyal

by MarylandRoyal » 15 Nov 2016 13:13

How much would Bogle cost? Definitely fits the young and hungry mold Tevreden wants. As an American, I would love to see Bobby Wood come in although I doubt he'd join a championship club from the sinking ship that is Hamburg. However, if we somehow get promoted and Hamburg are relegated, Wood would be one to look at, its incredible how much he's progressed in the last few years. I know we've been link with Zardes, please please don't sign him. Zardes runs around alot, has absolutely no first touch and is way overrated.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 15 Nov 2016 13:20

I'd like to add Duncan Watmore and Ruben Loftus-Cheek LOANS to the above list pls x

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 15 Nov 2016 14:04

royalp-we I'd like to add Duncan Watmore and Ruben Loftus-Cheek LOANS to the above list pls x

No chance on either with Watmore playing regularly and Loftus cheek a favourite of Conte...

The promising signs from the club are that they already have targets in mind

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Nov 2016 15:41

Bomar Ogle please

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 15 Nov 2016 16:41

Surprised someone like Akinde isn't in there

biff

by biff » 15 Nov 2016 17:22

Wouldnt be too out of the realms of possibility to see Dom Solanke bandied about. Local lad, out of favour at Chelsea after early promise.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 16 Nov 2016 15:38

kwik-silva Surprised someone like Akinde isn't in there

27 years old, had 12 clubs so far, up until 2 years ago when he was in the conference he had scored 42 goals in 8 years

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 16 Nov 2016 16:22

Winston Smith

27 years old, had 12 clubs so far, up until 2 years ago when he was in the conference he had scored 42 goals in 8 years

I wasn't so much meaning that I think we should sign him, more that these things seem to be filled with either hype players or out of favour PL players.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Nov 2016 17:28

kwik-silva
Winston Smith

I wasn't so much meaning that I think we should sign him, more that these things seem to be filled with either hype players or out of favour PL players.

No clicks to be made in speculating about players very few have heard of.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Nov 2016 13:11

we should take a punt on this guy. he's been electric down at Dover this season

http://www.kentlive.news/is-ricky-mille ... story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfnHS9qrXOQ

Also scored a belter in a great win over Forest Green Rovers this season as well

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Nov 2016 15:29

3points we should take a punt on this guy. he's been electric down at Dover this season

Also scored a belter in a great win over Forest Green Rovers this season as well

I like the fact he is likened to David Leworthy in that Kent news story. I'd sign him up based on that alone.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 Nov 2016 18:53

Sutekh
3points we should take a punt on this guy. he's been electric down at Dover this season

I like the fact he is likened to David Leworthy in that Kent news story. I'd sign him up based on that alone.

Le worthy was brilliant for dover. Remembered when we signed him. He was just a class above anything else we had. Think Dover paid about £50k for him at the time which was ( and still is) a massive sum of cash in non league footie

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Nov 2016 09:31

I'm confident that Stam and Tevreden already have a shortlist of 2 or 3 players already lined up.

Of the 11 players signed over the summer, for me, the only 2 not to had had a positive impact yet are Gravenberch, who wasn't a Stam signing and Weiser, although I suspect we may see more of him next season, especially if Williams doesn't sign a new contract.

For me, Stam and Tevreden are making the right noises and talking a good game. I like the fact Tevreden is talking about finding players with the right personality and not panic buying. We rarely ever heard from Hammond. I like the fact that Stam is talking about how he wants to man manage the players. OK, they are obvious things to say and we've probably always done it but after years of criticism about the club not communicating with fans, it does feel like a new era of openness.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Nov 2016 11:21

From Despair To Where? I'm confident that Stam and Tevreden already have a shortlist of 2 or 3 players already lined up.

Of the 11 players signed over the summer, for me, the only 2 not to had had a positive impact yet are Gravenberch, who wasn't a Stam signing and Weiser, although I suspect we may see more of him next season, especially if Williams doesn't sign a new contract.

For me, Stam and Tevreden are making the right noises and talking a good game. I like the fact Tevreden is talking about finding players with the right personality and not panic buying. We rarely ever heard from Hammond. I like the fact that Stam is talking about how he wants to man manage the players. OK, they are obvious things to say and we've probably always done it but after years of criticism about the club not communicating with fans, it does feel like a new era of openness.

+1

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Nov 2016 12:55

NewCorkSeth Campbell I dont believe has ever done anything remarkable in his career

22 goals in 46 appearances at this level.

From Despair To Where? Of the 11 players signed over the summer, for me, the only 2 not to had had a positive impact yet are Gravenberch, who wasn't a Stam signing and Weiser, although I suspect we may see more of him next season, especially if Williams doesn't sign a new contract.

I think you're being very generous to Joseph Mendes there.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2016 14:12

Not being at all generous to Joseph Mendez, I completely forgot he existed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Nov 2016 17:58

Joseph Mendes theory:

Everyone knows not all signings work out. Stam deliberately brought in Mendes to fill the waste of a signing slot you get most years, to ensure his others worked out.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2016 18:14

I'm not convinced by him but he may still come good, he's been injured a lot and is different to the other forwards we have.

I do suspect though that if we sign someone in the window, he will become a victim of circumstance and his time will have passed.