Rumour - Scott Hogan

130 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Scott Hogan

by CountryRoyal » 22 Dec 2016 17:16

muirinho To return to Scott Hogan, looks like usual S*n rubbish (bit surprised though as Alan Nixon is usually more or less reliable).

Jaap Stam, quoted in getreading.

But when asked about potential swoop for the 24-year-old striker Stam said: "The club is nowhere with that to be fair.

"Scott is a player who, I think, has been on the list with every Premier League team and maybe the top teams in the Championship as well, because he is doing well.

"It has been in the paper that there has been a big offer for him, for something like £9 million. But I can tell you it's not true.

"Maybe that's a sell thing from agents and they're putting that in the paper to put up the price, but it's not true.

"We don't have that money to pay for players and we don't have the salary to go with that transfer fee as well."
He added: "There is a lot going on in the papers at the moment about money being offered for players, I can tell you that is absolutely rubbish. It hasn't been happening."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... m-12360793

So either there was a bid, which was way way less than that, or there was no bid at all.

Or he doesn't want to advertise an abundance of resources as to not further inflate the price of this and future transfer dealings.

Any could be true.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Dec 2016 17:26

CountryRoyal
muirinho To return to Scott Hogan, looks like usual S*n rubbish (bit surprised though as Alan Nixon is usually more or less reliable).

Jaap Stam, quoted in getreading.

But when asked about potential swoop for the 24-year-old striker Stam said: "The club is nowhere with that to be fair.

"Scott is a player who, I think, has been on the list with every Premier League team and maybe the top teams in the Championship as well, because he is doing well.

"It has been in the paper that there has been a big offer for him, for something like £9 million. But I can tell you it's not true.

"Maybe that's a sell thing from agents and they're putting that in the paper to put up the price, but it's not true.

"We don't have that money to pay for players and we don't have the salary to go with that transfer fee as well."
He added: "There is a lot going on in the papers at the moment about money being offered for players, I can tell you that is absolutely rubbish. It hasn't been happening."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... m-12360793

So either there was a bid, which was way way less than that, or there was no bid at all.

Or he doesn't want to advertise an abundance of resources as to not further inflate the price of this and future transfer dealings.

Any could be true.

Or the £9million includes sell on fees, wages, sign on fees, promotion bonuses, and all sorts of other bits and bobs, and the actual fee is £3million

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Dec 2016 17:53

This whole thing is probably agent "paint by numbers" work.
Look for a club high in the table that look like they will get new owners. Tell a reporter that club has offered 9 million for your player. Whip up media interest and hope a premier league clubs takes notice. Receive money.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Dec 2016 17:56

Or we have bid £9 million, but Jaap was not involved.....

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 22 Dec 2016 21:03

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 22 Dec 2016 22:32

Baggie192 £15m Jesus :shock:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... m-12362028

Merry christmas all

Fukcing hell, Brentford are taking the piss

Say what you want about Vydra, but he has done a hell of a lot more than Hogan in this league...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Dec 2016 08:34

They won't get anything like that, but no harm in them looking to maximise what they do get.
What they have done though is put up the for sale signs.....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2016 09:16

Imagine if we had Trevor Senior at his peak, on that basis we'd be quoting £25 million :shock:

And yet there'd be **** clubs who'd actually pay it :lol:

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 23 Dec 2016 12:24

Nameless They won't get anything like that, but no harm in them looking to maximise what they do get.
What they have done though is put up the for sale signs.....

That's so true, I was talking to a mate who said the very same thing. Its Lai and Yunyi Investment's first window. Ultimately they want European football. We're going to lose Berahino. We are light up front already. I could see us bidding,

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Dec 2016 13:31

Sutekh Unless it's Newcastle I cant see him moving to another Champ. club particularly as he 's said he'll only consider PL clubs. He might as well stay at Brentford where he is settled and scoring regularly and not risk a place like Reading or Villa or ano and wait for a PL side in the summer.

But stranger things have happened.

Personally, for £9m, I'd rather we tried for Jordan Rhodes

And apparently £9m won't get you Rhodes either. £12million is the pricetag apparently. Middlesborough won't sell him unless they get their money back, according to the S*n

DanRFC

by DanRFC » 30 Dec 2016 12:52

7m bid rejected.

Money for the £7m bid was raised by Chinese brother and sister as part of the takeover.

Tommio

by Tommio » 30 Dec 2016 13:36

Charles watts has said we haven't bid, only that we have interest and it's unlikely we'll match what Brentford want.

On a side note, sad to see that Charles is leaving.

Wantage Royal

by Wantage Royal » 09 Jan 2017 12:19

Looks like he is going to West Ham for £12 million!

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 09 Jan 2017 16:49

Let's forget the Chinese. They won't be coming here. Thais want out. Brace yourselves for 1st or 2nd division football next 10 years. Bit more fun than the overhyped Championship shit we are watching at present. URzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jan 2017 18:00

only a fool would think Div 1 and 2 would be more 'fun', or consider the Championship over hyped !

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 10 Jan 2017 13:23

quickwingerswife Let's forget the Chinese. They won't be coming here. Thais want out. Brace yourselves for 1st or 2nd division football next 10 years. Bit more fun than the overhyped Championship shit we are watching at present. URzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Haven't we been playing 1st and 2nd Division football since '94?
League 1&2 however would be awful

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jan 2017 14:19

lewesroyal
quickwingerswife Let's forget the Chinese. They won't be coming here. Thais want out. Brace yourselves for 1st or 2nd division football next 10 years. Bit more fun than the overhyped Championship shit we are watching at present. URzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Haven't we been playing 1st and 2nd Division football since '94?
League 1&2 however would be awful

Would it? I'd be up for a jaunt in Leage One.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 10 Jan 2017 14:20

quickwingerswife Let's forget the Chinese. They won't be coming here. Thais want out. Brace yourselves for 1st or 2nd division football next 10 years. Bit more fun than the overhyped Championship shit we are watching at present.

you sound like a barrel of laughs

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jan 2017 14:40

Mike Hunt Fukcing hell, Brentford are taking the piss

Say what you want about Vydra, but he has done a hell of a lot more than Hogan in this league...

Ok well allow me to kick things off: he's had one good season at a club he couldn't stabilise a first team position at once in the Prem, proven to be a fraud by the numerous opportunities he's had at other clubs, not least ours by sapping our transfer and wage bill only to squander even more opportunities in front of goal. The guy is like a poor man's Michu. He needs to retire.

Anyone like to continue?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2017 16:04

John Smith
Mike Hunt Fukcing hell, Brentford are taking the piss

Ok well allow me to kick things off: he's had one good season at a club he couldn't stabilise a first team position at once in the Prem, proven to be a fraud by the numerous opportunities he's had at other clubs, not least ours by sapping our transfer and wage bill only to squander even more opportunities in front of goal. The guy is like a poor man's Michu. He needs to retire.

Anyone like to continue?

Frustrating as Vydra was last season I felt you could not fault him for his general effort and although he failed to deliver goals perhaps if he had not been surrounded by quite so many others also failing to deliver he may have had a better time of it

Just for the record how is he doing at Derby this season and how does it compare to other past proven scorers at this level currently playing in this league - like McCormack

130 posts