Pure Speculation - Tshibola

George_

Pure Speculation - Tshibola

by George_ » 21 Dec 2016 09:31

Aaron Tshibola is likely to make a move away from Aston Villa in the January transfer window with the midfielder eyeing up loan moves.

The midfielder who signed from Reading in the summer on a four-year deal has played only once since Steve Bruce took over from Roberto Di Matteo.

Anyone take him back (on loan)? Still think a midfield 3 of Williams-Tshibola-Swift would be up there with the best in the league IMO.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pure Speculation - Tshibola

by maffff » 21 Dec 2016 09:38

George_
Aaron Tshibola is likely to make a move away from Aston Villa in the January transfer window with the midfielder eyeing up loan moves.

The midfielder who signed from Reading in the summer on a four-year deal has played only once since Steve Bruce took over from Roberto Di Matteo.

Anyone take him back (on loan)? Still think a midfield 3 of Williams-Tshibola-Swift would be up there with the best in the league IMO.

Haha, sure - why not?

Forty

by Forty » 21 Dec 2016 09:47

Maybe a great trio, but .....

Evans, Tish, Swift - that's a great trio for a decade to come .....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2016 09:49

Yes I would take him back. Certainly a better option than playing JvdB and Evans IMO.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2016 10:14

Sutekh Yes I would take him back. Certainly a better option than playing JvdB and Evans IMO.

Harsh on Evans who has really come into his own in the last few weeks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2016 10:14

If Williams goes in Jan (my bet is Swansea will try to take him) then it would be worth a look.

We seem very anti-Loans this year though after last year's shambles

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 21 Dec 2016 11:08

Its a no brainer, knows the club well, knows the players well and would settle in straight away.

Already does the holding midfield role and would know his role straight away in a Jaap Stam side. Would rather take him in, have him hit the ground running than taking in Mutch (also a great player but may take time to settle)

We then get promoted, take him back at a cut price and make a tidy little profit still :D

One thing is for sure, with regular game time he will become a great Premier League holding midfielder in years to come.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 21 Dec 2016 11:47

bracksroyal10 Its a no brainer, knows the club well, knows the players well and would settle in straight away.

Already does the holding midfield role and would know his role straight away in a Jaap Stam side. Would rather take him in, have him hit the ground running than taking in Mutch (also a great player but may take time to settle)

We then get promoted, take him back at a cut price and make a tidy little profit still :D

One thing is for sure, with regular game time he will become a great Premier League holding midfielder in years to come.

A great Premier League for sure ? On what evidence do you base that ? He's played 42 games most of which were for Hartlepool and can't currently get into the match day squad for a mid table championship team. The only thing for sure is that he remains with potential but from where he is now to a great premier league player is a significant step up.
He got a lucrative 4 year contract at Villa based on potential (and good luck to him with that) but I'm sure he'd have been much better served playing a full season at Reading in terms of long term fulfillment of that potential.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 21 Dec 2016 12:16

OLLIE KEARNS
bracksroyal10 Its a no brainer, knows the club well, knows the players well and would settle in straight away.

A great Premier League for sure ? On what evidence do you base that ? He's played 42 games most of which were for Hartlepool and can't currently get into the match day squad for a mid table championship team. The only thing for sure is that he remains with potential but from where he is now to a great premier league player is a significant step up.
He got a lucrative 4 year contract at Villa based on potential (and good luck to him with that) but I'm sure he'd have been much better served playing a full season at Reading in terms of long term fulfillment of that potential.

Agree with your point on reflection but I think it says it alot about him as a player that our fortunes changed for the worse dramatically as soon as he got his injury last season. We missed his presence in CDM massively, I thought he dictated and controlled a lot of the games he played in last year before his injury (some being top end championship games too)

Very similar looking physique in the build of Patrick Viera (granted the ability isn't quite the same) and doing the above already at his young age. Again agree with your point, it all depends on how much game time he gets in terms of seeing how well he will fufill his potential.

I have no doubts with a few seasons of regular playing time he would become a very good Premier League player by 25 years of age. He already has the natural build needed for the PL in midfield or at least that you would associate with a lot of the top holding midfielders.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Dec 2016 12:45

May well be in the minority here but nah - he jumped ship at the first opportunity and don't see the benefit of bringing him back on loan to help get him back in the picture elsewhere, unless there is a guaranteed buyback clause that we can chose to activate on not.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Dec 2016 12:52

Tshibola would be wasted as a "holding" midfielder and has never looked very good there. He needs freedom to get forward, win the ball high up the pitch and link play. He's basically a better version of Williams. Use him in front of Joey or Evans or Kuhl.

If he's available for loan then let's go for it. The "benefit" would be the extra points we'd get. I would want a buy-back option on the table but if that's not an option then fine.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2016 13:28

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Dec 2016 15:15

SCIAG Tshibola would be wasted as a "holding" midfielder.

Hope Akpan Syndrome. Because of his appearance, people automatically think he's a holding midfielder.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Dec 2016 22:26

I'd have him back for sure, though a with a bit of the reservation Stranded has about him jumping ship. Although I can understand him going to Villa for much more more given we looked like we were going nowhere fast.

I'd be very happy with a midfield of JVDB / Evans, Tish and Swift if Williams left. And there'd still be cover from Wieser, Kelly, Gravenbeast, Kuhl etc.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 22 Dec 2016 00:10

Liked what I saw of him in the youth teams. At the time he impressed me more than Kuhl and Kelly who were getting a lot more attention. When he was fit last season I saw much the same. The ability to break up opposition play and then use the ball intelligently. Not a role that gets much in the way of headlines but vital for a successful team.
As this season has progressed Evans has grown in his performances and I'd see limited scope for him, a returning Tish and Joey barring injuries & suspensions to others in CM.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Dec 2016 13:40

Pepe the Horseman
SCIAG Tshibola would be wasted as a "holding" midfielder.

Hope Akpan Syndrome. Because of his appearance, people automatically think he's a holding midfielder.

Michael Essien, Yaya Toure, Paul Pogba, Moussa Sissoko, Abou Diaby.

BEEEEAAAASST.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Dec 2016 17:15

I think it's as much asthe average fan needs things boiled down to ridiculous simplicity, so you're either an attacking, goal scoring misfielder like Swift etc or you're automatically just a defensive holding midfielder.

Tish is a solid all rounder. He puts in a shift defensively, drives forward, moves play on simply but effectively and has a decent shotfrom range.

Or in old parlance, he's a midfielder.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2016 14:00

Only seems to be available for loan according to his agent. The one who got him this great deal at Villa

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... responsive

Bruce says he stays

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Dec 2016 18:33

Stranded May well be in the minority here but nah - he jumped ship at the first opportunity and don't see the benefit of bringing him back on loan to help get him back in the picture elsewhere, unless there is a guaranteed buyback clause that we can chose to activate on not.

Exactly this.

Jumped for more money before he'd even fully proven himself here.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Dec 2016 16:37

sandman
Stranded May well be in the minority here but nah - he jumped ship at the first opportunity and don't see the benefit of bringing him back on loan to help get him back in the picture elsewhere, unless there is a guaranteed buyback clause that we can chose to activate on not.

Exactly this.

Jumped for more money before he'd even fully proven himself here.

+1 ... never take a Judas back.