Jem Karacan

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jem Karacan

by Sutekh » 01 May 2017 12:22

MoorgateRoyal It was a really good goal and from what I saw of him he looked almost back to his normal self. At one point he chased the ball (and a defender) about thirty yards back into the opposition half, to massive cheers and encouragement from the fans. He also crunched into some tackles, played some decent balls from midfield and also had a go at the officials. There was also his customary crunching from an opposition player which left him on the floor. It was like his entire Reading career in the space of about 25 minutes.

Really annoys me that Jem was available but Reading went and signed Jordon Mutch.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 May 2017 13:25

Sutekh
MoorgateRoyal It was a really good goal and from what I saw of him he looked almost back to his normal self. At one point he chased the ball (and a defender) about thirty yards back into the opposition half, to massive cheers and encouragement from the fans. He also crunched into some tackles, played some decent balls from midfield and also had a go at the officials. There was also his customary crunching from an opposition player which left him on the floor. It was like his entire Reading career in the space of about 25 minutes.

Really annoys me that Jem was available but Reading went and signed Jordon Mutch.

Think I'd rather have Brian Howard back than play Jordan not up to Mutch.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 May 2017 13:27

CountryRoyal
Sutekh

He was worth a punt on loan. Added (even more) depth where we had some injuries. Re-signing Karacan, as lovely a bloke he is, would have been a risk imo..

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 01 May 2017 14:37

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal
Sutekh

He was worth a punt on loan. Added (even more) depth where we had some injuries. Re-signing Karacan, as lovely a bloke he is, would have been a risk imo..

A the time we had a chance to secure his services, we could not have had him on loan. He was unattached, so he had no parent club to loan him to us. Perhaps we could have had a "play and be paid" contract though, but that may not have suited Jem.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 May 2017 14:41

The Royal Forester
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

A the time we had a chance to secure his services, we could not have had him on loan. He was unattached, so he had no parent club to loan him to us. Perhaps we could have had a "play and be paid" contract though, but that may not have suited Jem.

I was aware we would not be able to loan him. Hence why I said re-sign. I just think given where things left with him it would have been a ballsy call to take him back.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 May 2017 19:58

Would he have contributed less than Gravenverch and Weiser? If the answer is better than pointless red card and unnecessary injury to an opponent, he should have been signed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2017 12:38

Royal Ginger Would he have contributed less than Gravenverch and Weiser? If the answer is better than pointless red card and unnecessary injury to an opponent, he should have been signed.

He'd have cost more than either in wages, maybe both combined and Gravenbeast was our first signing before Jem was available iirc.

Undoubtedly he'd have contributed more, but probably wouldn't have been vfm

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 May 2017 15:39

didn't really fit with stams new broom ethos did it