Jem Karacan

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jem Karacan

by Nameless » 06 Jan 2017 17:10

If he waited he'd also be in the position of probably having few options and being less visible to club's come the summer.
He needs a club ASAP, it probably doesn't matter who. If he gets a steady 4 months and 20 games under his belt he'll be in a much stronger position to get a decent contract from someone for next season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Jan 2017 18:03

Williams OuT
Jem IN

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 06 Jan 2017 22:03

loyalroyal4life Williams OuT
Jem IN

twat

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jan 2017 11:19

I don't think he adds anything we want / need, unless Quinn is finished or Williams is off. Six months overlap with them would be fine.

With Stam praising Kelly so highly it seems unlikely.

Though I'd be happy to see Karacan and one of JVDB, Evans, Quinn and Kelly with preferably Swift but maybe Williams.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2017 07:31

Huge great fences in your part of the world Ian. how's it looking from up there ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2017 10:43

:|
Totally weird to act like you can only think a signing would be great or terrible. It isn't a prediction of whether he will sign where it's a yes or no option.

You can both think a signing is unnecessary and unlikely but still think the player could work well with other players we already have.

I don't think we need another midfielder like Jem, but if we signed him I'm happy to see him play. I have concerns about squad bloat and finances that mesn i dont think it's a good to just sign endless numbers of players for the same position.

If we're expecting to lose some of our current midfield, either in Jan or Jun, that changes things a little. If June it still makes sense to pick up Jem now as he's available and we know him.

I don't see how that could possibly be described as fence sitting by anyone with a brain. Unless fence sitting now includes taking into account variables with unknown values.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 08 Jan 2017 10:56

My heart would have him back in a moment. He was always a great servant. I had no issue with him going to Galatasaray at the time.

My head says get him on trial & assess whether he's as good as he used to be with a view to a deal.

I'd be gutted seeing him play against us with someone else's shirt on. He'll always be a Royal to me.

Just rest him against Leeds.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2017 20:40

Ian Royal :|
Totally weird to act like you can only think a signing would be great or terrible. It isn't a prediction of whether he will sign where it's a yes or no option.

You can both think a signing is unnecessary and unlikely but still think the player could work well with other players we already have.

I don't think we need another midfielder like Jem, but if we signed him I'm happy to see him play. I have concerns about squad bloat and finances that mesn i dont think it's a good to just sign endless numbers of players for the same position.

If we're expecting to lose some of our current midfield, either in Jan or Jun, that changes things a little. If June it still makes sense to pick up Jem now as he's available and we know him.

I don't see how that could possibly be described as fence sitting by anyone with a brain. Unless fence sitting now includes taking into account variables with unknown values.

Blimey.

You could just have said 'dunno' or failing that just not posted if you've got no actual opinion !

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2017 21:15

Nameless
Ian Royal :|

Blimey.

You could just have said 'dunno' or failing that just not posted if you've got no actual opinion !

Still :|

I do have an opinion. With what we've got I think he's unnecessary. If certain players aren't likely to be here much longer, or played, then that means he would be a useful addition. If Stam decides he wants him and plays him, I'm confident he'll play well.

It's not hard Nameless. Not sure why you're struggling.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jan 2017 07:02

I'm not struggling !
Sometimes just smile and move on Ian.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 12 Jan 2017 12:32

paultheroyal
Rollerbob No chance.

Always a chance, remember Trump, Brexit, Foinavon...

Excellent point.... I'm on route to the megastore to get his name on the back of my shirt.

mr hoop

by mr hoop » 12 Jan 2017 12:54

Jem is off on a tour of the North to talk to Wigan and Barnsley today.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 12 Jan 2017 13:19

mr hoop Jem is off on a tour of the North to talk to Wigan and Barnsley today.

Oh ffs. Where were you earlier? Now I've got him on the back of my shirt!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jan 2017 14:29

Jem IN

Been a while since I saw posting as bad as this. Hang your head young man

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2017 14:39

there's a glamour trip for you

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 12 Jan 2017 23:35

Great first post mate, why wait nearly 13 years though?

FCReading1988

Jem Karacan

by FCReading1988 » 23 Jan 2017 19:59

Welcome back to England Jem!

From Sky Sports 'Norwich have confirmed midfielder Jem Karacan will feature as a trialist for the Club's U23s in their Premier League Cup game against Portsmouth tonight.

Karacan is a free agent after leaving Galatasaray at the beginning of January.'

Good luck to him! always rated him but a shame that he never really seemed to fully recover from his injury - would but good to see him do well (even it ends up being for Norwich :lol: )

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Jan 2017 05:34

John Smith
Jem IN

Been a while since I saw posting as bad as this. Hang your head young man

In relation to what? Williams is off come the summer, Jem would be an ample replacement (the Reading way)

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Jan 2017 08:44

Karacan substituted after 75 minutes in the Norwich game last night, which they lost 4-0.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 24 Jan 2017 09:18

I wouldn't take him unless as a replacement for Gunter. For all his running around and effort he never really produced. Not enough goals, not enough assists. For me his best game was away at Millwall in 2011/12 when he played at Right back. Really good going forward and solid defensively. Surprised he never played there again.