Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by maffff » 27 Jun 2017 13:15

Some stuff I picked up on last night using local countries google in native languages.

- Lots of articlesin Chinese media from 5 days ago about Dai Yongge and money laundering. :?
- tiny Danzell season loan to Roeselare should be sorted in the next few days
- speculative guess we might send Sandro Wieser there too. Roeselare did say in media a few months back that they'd happily take some of our players on loan/to develop, and they can help us sign Belgian players. Maybe we'll see a few youngsters go out there?
- Al-Hilal have enquired about Ali Al-Habsi according to Saudi media. He's said he hasn't heard from them. Saudi media linking him as a possible replacement for Mandanda. Also Everton mentioned (which makes no logical sense at all).
- Robin van Persie will leave Fenerbahçe this summer. He's likely to go to Feyenoord - his son will join their youth team ahead of next season. Speculative link to us (referencing that we could have signed van der Vaart and have Stam as manager), also speculatively linked with Palace given de Boer is there. No chance but made me :lol:.
- Paolo Hurtado has been told he can leave the club. Really difficult to understand the article (Portuguese is so different to Portuguese (BR) and Translate made no sense), it read like Guimarães will not be pursuing him permanently.
- Adi Popa has come out in Romanian media to say he's frustrated he didn't play more this season - despite us not getting promoted he will not be leaving, yet.
- Frederico Venancio may be loaned to FC Steaua Bucharest from Vitoria for a season with a view to a permanent transfer for €700k. We've been linked before, as have Leeds.
- No interest from Ipswich in Dominic Samuel. Wigan, Gillingham and Coventry are interested.
- Aaron Kuhl is now on trial with FC Stjarnan (Icelandic team of fish celebration fame). Uncle Bryn is their assistant manager <3.
- Niall Keown may go to Scotland again (presumably permanent?)
- Jaap Stam's old house and car are up for sale if anyone's interested. Also his contract is close to, if not already, done.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2017 13:23

Top work. All sounds pretty plausible

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jun 2017 13:50

Jaap's on a 2 year deal I thought. Negotiations to extend supposedly are underway with the board.

Is it me or are Reading getting better at treating everyone as if they were mushrooms? i.e.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Jun 2017 13:56

maffff Some stuff I picked up on last night using local countries google in native languages.

Excellent work overall. Did you get any sleep last night?

maffff - Jaap Stam's old house and car are up for sale if anyone's interested. Also his contract is close to, if not already, done.

this one intrigued me - is it only after a year that he's decided he's not going to get sent back to Holland with his tail between his legs - even if he gets moved on from here, I'm guessing he sees his next job in England also. Or maybe I'm just over-analysing here (not that I've been accused of that before :lol: )

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Jun 2017 13:57

CountryRoyal
Top Flight The sooner we can sign these players and the football season can start the better. I hate spending Saturday's with a woman. I can't wait for QPR away. Bring the game on.

Football's just like a woman.

Costs a lot of money, sometimes makes you happy and invariably more often than not will frustrate the hell out of you.

seems it's just like a man too....

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Jun 2017 14:06

muirinho Excellent work overall. Did you get any sleep last night?

About 2 hours.... kept being disturbed by drunk people outside.

muirinho
maffff - Jaap Stam's old house and car are up for sale if anyone's interested. Also his contract is close to, if not already, done.

this one intrigued me - is it only after a year that he's decided he's not going to get sent back to Holland with his tail between his legs - even if he gets moved on from here, I'm guessing he sees his next job in England also. Or maybe I'm just over-analysing here (not that I've been accused of that before :lol: )

Here's the house https://t.co/WZewfjNO6Y

and car https://t.co/JO1eBZ2i8R

if you're curious.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jun 2017 11:39

Of these:
  1. Lots of articles in Chinese media from 5 days ago about Dai Yongge and money laundering. :?
    - Referenced by Low - as nothing to worry about

2. tiny Danzell season loan to Roeselare should be sorted in the next few days
    - Picked up by local media

3. speculative guess we might send Sandro Wieser there too. Roeselare did say in media a few months back that they'd happily take some of our players on loan/to develop, and they can help us sign Belgian players. Maybe we'll see a few youngsters go out there?
    - Nothing further, yet. Low did say we might see a few youth players go there.

4. Al-Hilal have enquired about Ali Al-Habsi according to Saudi media. He's said he hasn't heard from them. Saudi media linking him as a possible replacement for Mandanda. Also Everton mentioned (which makes no logical sense at all).
    - Dismissed by Low (that Ali will leave, no comments about whether they are interested)

5. Robin van Persie will leave Fenerbahçe this summer. He's likely to go to Feyenoord - his son will join their youth team ahead of next season. Speculative link to us (referencing that we could have signed van der Vaart and have Stam as manager), also speculatively linked with Palace given de Boer is there. No chance but made me :lol:.
    - Dismissed by Low (as if that was ever expected)

6. Paolo Hurtado has been told he can leave the club. Really difficult to understand the article (Portuguese is so different to Portuguese (BR) and Translate made no sense), it read like Guimarães will not be pursuing him permanently.
    - Picked up by local media (but Guimaraes do want him, and need us to release him to make it happen). There's an interesting Peruvian article I saw about how Hurtado's physique has changed since he's joined Reading, bulked up and the regime has helped him improve considerably as a player.

7. Adi Popa has come out in Romanian media to say he's frustrated he didn't play more this season - despite us not getting promoted he will not be leaving, yet.

8. Frederico Venancio may be loaned to FC Steaua Bucharest from Vitoria for a season with a view to a permanent transfer for €700k. We've been linked before, as have Leeds.
    - Nothing further from the UK, but appearing in Portuguese media "A bola" as getting closer to a Steaua move being finalised.

9. No interest from Ipswich in Dominic Samuel. Wigan, Gillingham and Coventry are interested.
    - Nothing further, yet.

10. Aaron Kuhl is now on trial with FC Stjarnan (Icelandic team of fish celebration fame). Uncle Bryn is their assistant manager <3.

11. Niall Keown may go to Scotland again (presumably permanent?)
    - Now in Reading Chronicle as a return to Partick might be on the cards.

Jaap Stam's old house and car are up for sale if anyone's interested. Also his contract is close to, if not already, done.
    - nothing more yet

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Jun 2017 11:59

maffff Referenced by Low - as nothing to worry about

Now I'm worried

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jun 2017 13:22

Point :lol:

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jun 2017 13:31

Has anyone else on here said James Vaughan I always liked him when he was at Huddersfield,. He scored 24 goals for Bury in league 1 last season and apparently they have turned down a £500k bid from a Championship club. hes got to be worth a punt at a million. I know everyone on here would hope we would be aiming higher. But i think this guy could give us what Grabban gave us at half the price.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jun 2017 14:02

maffff Paolo Hurtado has been told he can leave the club. Really difficult to understand the article (Portuguese is so different to Portuguese (BR) and Translate made no sense), it read like Guimarães will not be pursuing him permanently.
- Picked up by local media (but Guimaraes do want him, and need us to release him to make it happen). There's an interesting Peruvian article I saw about how Hurtado's physique has changed since he's joined Reading, bulked up and the regime has helped him improve considerably as a player

Not sure about this. Apparently Stam was impressed with Hurtado's performances with Guimares and wanted to take a look at him in when he returned. Not saying Hurtado hasn't subsequently been told he can leave but the original story just seems a little at odds with what Stam was reported as saying towards the end of last season.

We shall see on that one I guess.

linkenholtroyal Has anyone else on here said James Vaughan I always liked him when he was at Huddersfield,. He scored 24 goals for Bury in league 1 last season and apparently they have turned down a £500k bid from a Championship club. hes got to be worth a punt at a million. I know everyone on here would hope we would be aiming higher. But i think this guy could give us what Grabban gave us at half the price.

Now there are those who would say why pay half the price for nothing?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jun 2017 14:27

Sutekh Not sure about this. Apparently Stam was impressed with Hurtado's performances with Guimares and wanted to take a look at him in when he returned. Not saying Hurtado hasn't subsequently been told he can leave but the original story just seems a little at odds with what Stam was reported as saying towards the end of last season.

We shall see on that one I guess.

Me either, but it's out there.

'Caballito' loose: Paolo Hurtado will not continue in Vitoria Guimaraes and look for team in Portugal

The loan from Paolo Hurtado to Vitoria Guimaraes has ended and the club will not exercise the option to purchase the Reading player.

The national team player belongs to Reading of the Second Division of England, but they do not want him for the current season.

http://depor.com/futbol-internacional/r ... ugal-40531

The winger belongs to Reading who play in the Second Division in England. The the club does not plan to have him in their ranks, again. Without Reading wanting to keep him and his loan in Portugal expired, Paolo Hurtado has an uncertain future.

http://peru21.pe/deportes/paolo-hurtado ... al-2287167

I'm warming to the idea of keeping Grabban.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jun 2017 14:31

Also, re: Hurtado's physique

http://depor.com/futbol-peruano/selecci ... ideo-39292

André Carrillo was surprised by the new physique of Paolo Hurtado, his teammate in the Peruvian National Team .

Paolo Hurtado not only gained experience in his passage through Europe, but also a better physical version. Today, 'El Caballito' looks more muscular, with more developed pectorals and a more worked abdomen. In fact, all this surprised Andre Carrillo , his teammate in the Peruvian National Team .

'La Culebra' recorded the exact moment when Paolo Hurtado showed his body, after an intense day in the gym, which served as part of his recovery process, after an injury he contracted prior to the friendly that starred in the Selection Peruvian in Trujillo and Arequipa.

It should be noted that Paolo Hurtado and André Carrillo played together in Alianza Lima in 2010 and 2011. Both then migrated. On the one hand, 'El Caballito' was signed by Pacos de Ferreira. On the other hand, 'La Culebra' attracted the attention of Sporting de Lisboa.

Currently, Paolo Hurtado is a loan player for Vitória Guimarães of Portugal, with which he scored 4 goals so far this year. In fact, this loan led to his return to the Peruvian Selection under Ricardo Gareca.

Roes

by Roes » 29 Jun 2017 21:11

maffff ...
tiny Danzell season loan to Roeselare should be sorted in the next few days

How would you guys describe Danzell Gravenberch? I know he didn't play a lot of matches with you guys, but from what you saw from his matches, training, friendlies and other signs? A decent defender? A good team player?...
Thx

The Informant

by The Informant » 30 Jun 2017 09:50

Roes
maffff ...
tiny Danzell season loan to Roeselare should be sorted in the next few days

How would you guys describe Danzell Gravenberch? I know he didn't play a lot of matches with you guys, but from what you saw from his matches, training, friendlies and other signs? A decent defender? A good team player?...
Thx

A tank, not really the physique of a footballer or the speed.

Technically ok

Are you a Roeselare fan?

Roes

by Roes » 30 Jun 2017 10:34

The Informant A tank, not really the physique of a footballer or the speed.

Technically ok

Are you a Roeselare fan?

Thx for the answer.

Yes, I am. ;)

The Informant

by The Informant » 30 Jun 2017 11:00

Welcome to the board.

I am not that up to date on the standard of the second tier in Belgium however the player is a bit of an all rounder. Can fill in at full back, center back and in midfield.

Not pacey but he is a big lad and has decent technique and is an alright utility player.

What sort of crowds are you getting?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Jun 2017 11:17

Roes

Technically ok

Are you a Roeselare fan?

Thx for the answer.

Yes, I am. ;)

We've seen very little of him. he's dropped in at right back a couple of times, right centre back once and he's billed as being able to play defensive midfielder (which we haven't seen). He's appeared more for the u23's - he has featured a couple of times as a right sided central midfielder which by all accounts he was one of the better players and when he came off we suffered.

All I recall of him is he put a crunching tackle in on Lucas Perez from Arsenal and he has a hell of a strong shot on him. Seems to be your typical big guy, a little faster than he looks like he'd be and unlikely to ever be muscled off the ball. Not really sure what his strengths/weaknesses are as we haven't seen enough.

He's still a cult hero, mind.

hold me closer tiny Danzell.....

The Informant

by The Informant » 30 Jun 2017 11:21

maffff
Roes

Technically ok

Are you a Roeselare fan?

Thx for the answer.

Yes, I am. ;)

We've seen very little of him. he's dropped in at right back a couple of times, right centre back once and he's billed as being able to play defensive midfielder (which we haven't seen). He's appeared more for the u23's - he has featured a couple of times as a right sided central midfielder which by all accounts he was one of the better players and when he came off we suffered.

All I recall of him is he put a crunching tackle in on Lucas Perez from Arsenal and he has a hell of a strong shot on him. Seems to be your typical big guy, a little faster than he looks like he'd be and unlikely to ever be muscled off the ball. Not really sure what his strengths/weaknesses are as we haven't seen enough.

He's still a cult hero, mind.

hold me closer tiny Danzell.....

Is he? I rarely hear of people speaking about him.

Kebe is a cult hero, not someone like Gravenberch

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Jun 2017 11:27

100%. Just nothing to do with football.

741 posts