Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by linkenholtroyal » 06 Jul 2017 13:52

linkenholtroyal
The Informant
linkenholtroyal His wages would be more than the fee and wages for Wood?
I like James Wilson as well but Sam Gallagher would be a better option on a permanent deal if we are going to go down a younger back up to Yann route.

That's why I winked you massive spazza

So who would you rather we signed with Championship experience for about 8 million??

Which was the original question, or do you not have your own opinion you just go round criticising others. I suppose you can not get shot down if you never actually say anything. :D

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jul 2017 13:54

Hound I hope for Hudders sake they don't sign Wood. Fear for them after their signings. Can't see him being Prem standard at all

Leeds were suggestion 20million for him at one point to give a rough idea of how much he would cost.

Noticed one of the players I suggested - Jota at Brentford - was also being touted for 8 million after half a good season. Is all a bit silly really

Jota's been on my radar for quite a few seasons. He looked very good then for some reason went off on loan then came back and impressed again. Looked excellent in both games against us.

How many signings have Huddersfield made this week?

Ince, Williams, Mounie, Malone, Mooy...

It's making those two kicks of the football all the more painful :(
Last edited by genome on 06 Jul 2017 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2017 13:55

linkenholtroyal
The Informant
NewCorkSeth James Wilson or someone similar on loan. Start Yann. He deserves our faith.

Like the Wilson suggestion but ideally we need a permanent signing.

Giuseppe Rossi is now available on a free and only 30 :wink:

His wages would be more than the fee and wages for Wood?
I like James Wilson as well but Sam Gallagher would be a better option on a permanent deal if we are going to go down a younger back up to Yann route.

I think, if you don't mind me saying so, I would prefer us to loan a high potential young back up striker as if we do get promoted next season any striker we buy now would more than likely be not good enough for the premier league.
Other than the plethora of Burnley strikers and Vardy it's hard to think of any recent Championship strikers who have gone on to succeed at the top level. (Long too obviously..)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2017 13:57

genome
Hound I hope for Hudders sake they don't sign Wood. Fear for them after their signings. Can't see him being Prem standard at all

Leeds were suggestion 20million for him at one point to give a rough idea of how much he would cost.

Noticed one of the players I suggested - Jota at Brentford - was also being touted for 8 million after half a good season. Is all a bit silly really

Jota's been on my radar for quite a few seasons. He looked very good then for some reason went off on loan then came back and impressed again. Looked excellent in both games against us.

Huddersfield have spent more on 1 player than I imagine we would have spent in total...

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 06 Jul 2017 14:09

NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal
The Informant
Like the Wilson suggestion but ideally we need a permanent signing.

Giuseppe Rossi is now available on a free and only 30 :wink:

His wages would be more than the fee and wages for Wood?

I think, if you don't mind me saying so, I would prefer us to loan a high potential young back up striker as if we do get promoted next season any striker we buy now would more than likely be not good enough for the premier league.
Other than the plethora of Burnley strikers and Vardy it's hard to think of any recent Championship strikers who have gone on to succeed at the top level. (Long too obviously..)

Its a bit of a catch 22 really If Yann got injured god forbid it may leave us in a very exposed position and you are banking on us getting promoted. Yann has said he will retire at the end of next season, if we only loan in a back up it means we will be in a situation next summer of no proven striker and no one trained in our system. If we are going to invest in that area now would be a better time for development. Or if we dont get promoted we could be looking at a couple more years of development before we challenge again at the top of the table.

I hope tjis makes sense.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2017 14:12

NewCorkSeth
genome

Huddersfield have spent more on 1 player than I imagine we would have spent in total...

I do think they have bought to be a very good champ team if they go down again, rather than building a team to be competitive in the Prem, but could of course be very wrong there

agree its a little painful watching them spend though

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2017 14:16

linkenholtroyal
NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal His wages would be more than the fee and wages for Wood?

Its a bit of a catch 22 really If Yann got injured god forbid it may leave us in a very exposed position and you are banking on us getting promoted. Yann has said he will retire at the end of next season, if we only loan in a back up it means we will be in a situation next summer of no proven striker and no one trained in our system. If we are going to invest in that area now would be a better time for development. Or if we dont get promoted we could be looking at a couple more years of development before we challenge again at the top of the table.

I hope tjis makes sense.

I'm putting all my eggs in a Danny Loader shaped basket. (Yes I play too much football manager)
Stam did just say in his press conference that Mendes would be getting a shot this season. If we get in a good quality loan (you never know it could be a player who could have the same effect as Tammy Abraham managed) and have Mendes and Kermorgant then I don't think we should be overly worried about injuries.
As for when Yann retires it's perhaps something we should look at next summer. If Mendes or Meite or even Samuel who Jaap also mentioned as possibly still having a future here step it up this season it won't be a big issue.

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 06 Jul 2017 18:22

Ashley Fletcher on loan from West Ham? (Doubt it considering the Oxford loan ended up with him not playing)

Would still like to see if we could get Tom Lawrence from Leicester as he is in his last year of his contract and if we do need a keeper why not Ben Hamer? Believe he's third choice with them, always did alright and pushed on since he left us, now needs game time

Would love to see what the chances are on loaning Long from Southampton are, always seemed like he was never quite in favour but I'm sure a lower prem team would pick him up

Still think we could do worse than Mitchell Dijks as his move to Norwich has broken down but I'm sure Brian / Jaap know who they want and are doing what they need too... Perhaps waiting to see who does come available too

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Jul 2017 18:50

Chappers93 Would still like to see if we could get Tom Lawrence from Leicester as he is in his last year of his contract and if we do need a keeper why not Ben Hamer?

I'd be well happy to have Tom Lawrence here but according to the Burton Mail;
Leicester City midfielder Tom Lawrence is also on Newcastle's radar, with the Foxes believed to want at least £10 million for a player who impressed on loan at Ipswich Town last season.

if this valuation is true then it kind of pisses on our chips really.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Jul 2017 19:28

What about Glenn Murray or Tomer Hemed. Can't see them both getting games at Brighton.

As a real statement of intent, a cheeky bid for Benek Afobe? 3rd choice behind Wilson and King. Or, if he's fully recovered from his injuries I'd love to see Danny Ings in the blue and white hoops. Surely surplus to requirements at Liverpool?

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 06 Jul 2017 20:25

Oilroyal
Chappers93 Would still like to see if we could get Tom Lawrence from Leicester as he is in his last year of his contract and if we do need a keeper why not Ben Hamer?

Leicester City midfielder Tom Lawrence is also on Newcastle's radar, with the Foxes believed to want at least £10 million for a player who impressed on loan at Ipswich Town last season.

Wow, didn't see that, guess the British player tax is still at large! Newcastle supposedly in for several midfielders though so doubt he is the main target and maybe we could do a deal similar to the Liam Moore deal and convince him to come here before he does but.. Unlikely...

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Jul 2017 20:50

Chappers93
Oilroyal

Wow, didn't see that, guess the British player tax is still at large! Newcastle supposedly in for several midfielders though so doubt he is the main target and maybe we could do a deal similar to the Liam Moore deal and convince him to come here before he does but.. Unlikely...

let's hope there's a chance because he's the type of player we need to target this year. We should be able to gauge the spending power Japp's been given once the next couple of signing are confirmed. I still can't work out if the "Karl Darlow to READING 5mil bid" is tosh or holds some truth but if true, then this will indicate where we're at on transfer targets and quality.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2017 21:05

Murray prob too similar to Yann, Hemed maybe worth a look

Heard afobe might go back to Wolves who have just spunked 15million on some bloke from Portugal

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 06 Jul 2017 23:49

Oilroyal
Chappers93
Oilroyal

let's hope there's a chance because he's the type of player we need to target this year. We should be able to gauge the spending power Japp's been given once the next couple of signing are confirmed. I still can't work out if the "Karl Darlow to READING 5mil bid" is tosh or holds some truth but if true, then this will indicate where we're at on transfer targets and quality.

Would be very positive, don't think the Darlow interest is genuine but who knows... Haven't seen enough of him to know if he's worth it but again would be a big amount to spend in one go, could just as easily get a cheaper option IMO

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 07 Jul 2017 14:47

NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal
NewCorkSeth I think, if you don't mind me saying so, I would prefer us to loan a high potential young back up striker as if we do get promoted next season any striker we buy now would more than likely be not good enough for the premier league.

I hope tjis makes sense.

I'm putting all my eggs in a Danny Loader shaped basket. (Yes I play too much football manager)
Stam did just say in his press conference that Mendes would be getting a shot this season. If we get in a good quality loan (you never know it could be a player who could have the same effect as Tammy Abraham managed) and have Mendes and Kermorgant then I don't think we should be overly worried about injuries.
As for when Yann retires it's perhaps something we should look at next summer. If Mendes or Meite or even Samuel who Jaap also mentioned as possibly still having a future here step it up this season it won't be a big issue.

I think we will just have to wait and see which way the powers at RFC go.... I do get both views though

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 07 Jul 2017 18:44

Chappers93
Oilroyal
Chappers93

Would be very positive, don't think the Darlow interest is genuine but who knows... Haven't seen enough of him to know if he's worth it but again would be a big amount to spend in one go, could just as easily get a cheaper option IMO

Plenty of interest in Darlow if you believe the media. Middlesbrough, Villa and us. Reports of Brough having a bid knocked back today, but who really knows? It's a dog flight between two big clubs and us.

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 07 Jul 2017 23:28

It's a dog flight between two big clubs and us.[/quote]

LOL

Surely GMac and Gunter could persuade him if required!

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 07 Jul 2017 23:35

Chappers93 It's a dog flight between two big clubs and us.

LOL

Surely GMac and Gunter could persuade him if required![/quote]

Or Jaap and a bucket of Yen !

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 07 Jul 2017 23:46

Oilroyal
Chappers93 It's a dog flight between two big clubs and us.

LOL

Surely GMac and Gunter could persuade him if required!

Or Jaap and a bucket of Yen ![/quote]

What more could a man want?!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jul 2017 10:52

The Informant
genome Tunnicliffe released from Fulham - worth a shot if Williams goes?

:roll:

Linked with him today.

741 posts