John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by John Smith » 25 Jul 2017 10:38

I'd like Preston's Daniel Johnson as a replacement for Williams

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 26 Jul 2017 11:09

just someone.. someone better than Sir Joseph Mendes...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2017 12:19

holsgrove breaks a leg just someone.. someone better than Sir Joseph Mendes...

I've got a 5 a side game tonight, shall I email the club and suggest they scout us?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 28 Jul 2017 15:48

If we are suddenly a spending big side :lol:
and get Wells and Aluko
Could we have Mulgrew and Caulker as well.
Mulgrew reminds me of Ian Harte and that is never a bad thing. has a trick or 2, can pass the ball and is a hard hitting defender / defensive mid
Caulker because when Cooper goes that leaves us very exposed if we go back to playing as a back 5. He seems to be loaned out every season by QPR. The only problem may be wages.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jul 2017 09:44

Here's my idiotic suggestion for the day.
Flamini.
Hear me out.
Well capable of leading a team on the pitch so would make a great impact sub to hold onto a lead/draw. Know how to defend. Very wealthy so might not ask for too high wages and could be convinced by the clubs "plan". Free and in a position we need to strengthen. Has a wealth of experience in football (and as already stated a proven leader)
Would he make the drop? Probably not. I haven't seen much premier league interest in him but Terry opened the door I guess. (Surprised Villa haven't signed him)
Thoughts?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2017 10:18

NewCorkSeth Here's my idiotic suggestion for the day.
Flamini.
Hear me out.
Well capable of leading a team on the pitch so would make a great impact sub to hold onto a lead/draw. Know how to defend. Very wealthy so might not ask for too high wages and could be convinced by the clubs "plan". Free and in a position we need to strengthen. Has a wealth of experience in football (and as already stated a proven leader)
Would he make the drop? Probably not. I haven't seen much premier league interest in him but Terry opened the door I guess. (Surprised Villa haven't signed him)
Thoughts?

The suggestion that someone who is already very wealthy wouldn't need high wages is unbelievably naive.

Stupidest suggestion of the summer.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Jul 2017 11:06

I'd like a season long loan bid for Danny Ings.

I can't see him getting much game time at Liverpool and because of his past injuries, I wouldn't want us to sign him permanently just yet.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 30 Jul 2017 12:43

blythspartan I'd like a season long loan bid for Danny Ings.

I can't see him getting much game time at Liverpool and because of his past injuries, I wouldn't want us to sign him permanently just yet.

Whilst the idea that he's wealthy so won't want more money is stupid, I don't dislike the idea of Flamini. Ings on loan would also be a coup

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 30 Jul 2017 14:23

linkenholtroyal If we are suddenly a spending big side :lol:
and get Wells and Aluko
Could we have Mulgrew and Caulker as well.
Mulgrew reminds me of Ian Harte and that is never a bad thing. has a trick or 2, can pass the ball and is a hard hitting defender / defensive mid
Caulker because when Cooper goes that leaves us very exposed if we go back to playing as a back 5. He seems to be loaned out every season by QPR. The only problem may be wages.

I've wanted us to sign Charlie Mulgrew every window since Ian Harte (Lord and Saviour) left.
Almost as good at free kicks and would cover LB, CB and CDM

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jul 2017 17:03

Snowflake Royal
Flamini.
Hear me out.
Thoughts?

The suggestion that someone who is already very wealthy wouldn't need high wages is unbelievably naive.

I fully accept it's a silly suggestion but that part of it was the last I expected to draw such criticism.
The word "need" was never in my original comment. I presume he probably would ask for more money than we pay our top earner I was merely commenting that perhaps as someone who is likely no longer motivated by money, a well pitched sell of the clubs goals, ethos and the part he could play would entice him to lower his wage demands. This was obviously all entirely theoretical but naive? Bit harsh.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2017 17:22

Flamini would maybe do a job, but prob not much different to what Joey does

I wouldn't be gutted to see Chuba Akpom come in on loan. Know he didn't do much at Brighton but they still rate him at Arsenal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2017 17:42

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Flamini.
Hear me out.
Thoughts?

I fully accept it's a silly suggestion but that part of it was the last I expected to draw such criticism.
The word "need" was never in my original comment. I presume he probably would ask for more money than we pay our top earner I was merely commenting that perhaps as someone who is likely no longer motivated by money, a well pitched sell of the clubs goals, ethos and the part he could play would entice him to lower his wage demands. This was obviously all entirely theoretical but naive? Bit harsh.

Naivity continues. Why would someone who's wealthy be motivated by money? Do me a favour.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jul 2017 18:09

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal The suggestion that someone who is already very wealthy wouldn't need high wages is unbelievably naive.

Naivity continues. Why would someone who's wealthy be motivated by money? Do me a favour.

Why would they? Uhm in ate desire for more? Bragging rights? I dunno do you have any suggestions? I know many more reasons why a wealthy person wouldn't be motivated by money. Especially if they are approaching the end of their footballing career and don't have to worry about the next paycheck.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2017 18:15

Because wealth is a measure of success. Because wages are a measure of their value and pecking order. Because people are rarely satisfied with what they've got.

Why do the rich continue to make money and become super rich? Because they want more. It's lovely that you're the sort of person who is so clearly not motivated by money that you can't seem to comprehend a different view, but like I said, naive. Why do you think wages are so high? Because players want more. Always more. Why do you think the likes of Rooney have been on £400,000 a week or whatever ludicrous sum it is. They don't need it, they're already rich.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jul 2017 18:25

^ this

Time for a boycott

I'll start with £ky

741 posts